DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

I'm pretty sure I've tried to get him to watch it before. Sometimes I will suggest shows to people, but I don't think there's anyone i know who is easier to suggest things to than him.

He basically slapped me in the face and called me a gaywad when I mentioned it.  It was ugly and I'm still a little depressed.

Speaking of that, I need to talk with him about Frozen, which we saw instead of Psych last night because of redbox availability. 

Also, neither here nor there, but I'm glad March Madness gave me an excuse to get rid of the Middleman "M" which basically meant no one to anyone.That's another show Brian would be all about though. He'd be a huge Wendy Watson fan.

Season one of PSYCH was so bad they recently remade one of the episodes to fix everything that sucked about it.

I always tell people to start with the season One finale.  The first really good episode...It was directed by John Landis and (as far as I'm concerned) named in honor of Sherri Martel.

"Although The Wire is fiction, not a documentary, its depiction of [the] systemic urban inequality that constrains the lives of the urban poor is more poignant and compelling [than] that of any published study, including my own"  - William Julius Wilson

"The writing on Season 1 of The Wire was not impressive."  -  Brian Fowler

• Like 2

Season one of PSYCH was so bad they recently remade one of the episodes to fix everything that sucked about it.

I always tell people to start with the season One finale.  The first really good episode...It was directed by John Landis and (as far as I'm concerned) named in honor of Sherri Martel.

I enjoyed Season 1, but it definitely DID get better after that. 

"Although The Wire is fiction, not a documentary, its depiction of [the] systemic urban inequality that constrains the lives of the urban poor is more poignant and compelling [than] that of any published study, including my own"  - William Julius Wilson

"The writing on Season 1 of The Wire was not impressive."  -  Brian Fowler

Not enough sassy zingers.

• Like 1

If I'm being fair, the current season of Psych is probably my least favorite.

Yeah, it's a lot less inventive this year.  The first few episodes were pretty weak, and the characters have been reduced to a few catch-phrase ticks (Gus tsk sound).  They used to come up with some new reaction or funny facialtm or turn of phrase every scene.  Now they fall back on their favorites.

The characters have gotten a bit oafish.  Lassiter's weepy "I'm afraid to die all of a sudden" episode was kind of hideous.

Does Suncoast even still exist?

I can't even.

Dude, it's always two stores down from B Dalton and across from Chess King. Right next to KB toys and directly above Sharper Image.

Jeez.

No joke, my "local" mall (read 45 miles away) never had any of those but Suncoast and KB.

Does Suncoast even still exist?

I can't even.

Dude, it's always two stores down from B Dalton and across from Chess King. Right next to KB toys and directly above Sharper Image.

Jeez.

No joke, my "local" mall (read 45 miles away) never had any of those but Suncoast and KB.

Was your local mall the "poor people" mall that is 30 minutes away from the good mall?

If I'm being fair, the current season of Psych is probably my least favorite.

Yeah, it's a lot less inventive this year.  The first few episodes were pretty weak, and the characters have been reduced to a few catch-phrase ticks (Gus tsk sound).  They used to come up with some new reaction or funny facialtm or turn of phrase every scene.  Now they fall back on their favorites.

The characters have gotten a bit oafish.  Lassiter's weepy "I'm afraid to die all of a sudden" episode was kind of hideous.

The fact that the mysteries take a backseat to gimmicks hurts alot.  Also, almost no Chief, Henry or Jules at all, and Lassy has been reduced to a background character.  Maybe the goal was to make us glad it was ending?