DVDVR Message Board

January 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

United are six points off a Champions League spot with 16 rounds to go, they have made the final 16 of the Champions League, and everyone is screaming for the manager's head because he's not going to win a title with a squad that clearly isn't as talented as some of the teams above him. They have missed their best two players for portions of the season, and are now missing them at the same time. Some chill pills need to be taken by the United followers.

Besides, we all know Spurs will somehow finish fourth, and then those 7th place bullies United will win the Champions League to knock Spurs out of the competition for 2014/15 anyway. :)

I was just reading about the Euro 2016 qualifying seedings and such (the draw is on the 23rd of February) For some reason I thought the hosts had to qualify now, but it seems they will only be participating in the groups, playing but their matches will generate no points. The reasoning being that the host finds it difficult to arrange friendlies, says Platini. So France will be in the 5 team group. Mental.

Also, Spain and Gibraltar will be kept apart, as will Armenia and Azerbaijan.

Good luck tonight, Sky Blue Sam.

Didn't repeat your heroics against Arsenal last season, but still pleased with my team last night. Think 4-0 flattered them a bit, we were in the ascendancy in the second half, but the big difference is they could bring Cazorla and Giroud off the bench (both of whom scored in the dying minutes), whilst our squad is so tiny we had to bring on our reserve right back up front towards the end.

Massive respect to the Arsenal fans for applauding the fan protests last night. Unlikely we'll return to Coventry this season, but the media focus will do the Keep Cov In Cov movement no harm.

• Like 2

Didn't repeat your heroics against Arsenal last season, but still pleased with my team last night. Think 4-0 flattered them a bit, we were in the ascendancy in the second half, but the big difference is they could bring Cazorla and Giroud off the bench (both of whom scored in the dying minutes), whilst our squad is so tiny we had to bring on our reserve right back up front towards the end.

Massive respect to the Arsenal fans for applauding the fan protests last night. Unlikely we'll return to Coventry this season, but the media focus will do the Keep Cov In Cov movement no harm.

I'll like your post once I get them again.

Imagine what Pete's thinking:

Manchester City 0-2 Watford.

This gambling malarkey is a hell of an on again off again rush.

I backed Blackburn vs Derby, both teams to score, and Derby equalised on 84 minutes. I've got a 10 and 6 match accumulator and barring last second goals (glued to the scores right now) everything seems to be coming in.

If you have money on games, you become more concentrated on something than you ever have been in your life.

Edit: If anybody has the smallest of interest:

1. Bournemouth v LiverpoolLiverpool @ 1/3
  2. Stevenage v EvertonEverton @ 2/7
  3. Real Madrid v Granada|Real Madrid| @ 1/16
  4. Sunderland v KidderminsterSunderland @ 1/4
  5. Southampton v YeovilSouthampton @ 2/7
  6. Manchester City v WatfordManchester City @ 1/10

1. Rushall Olympic v Barwell|Rushall Olympic| @ 8/13
  2. Stourbridge v Biggleswade Town|Stourbridge| @ 4/7
  3. Rangers v ArbroathRangers @ 1/14
  4. Forest Green v ChesterForest Green @ 8/11
  5. Luton v NuneatonLuton @ 4/9
  6. Southampton v YeovilSouthampton @ 2/7
  7. Bournemouth v LiverpoolLiverpool @ 1/3
  8. Manchester City v WatfordManchester City @ 1/10
  9. Leicester v MiddlesbroughLeicester @ 4/5
  10. Blackburn v DerbyDraw @ 12/5

Second edit: NEVER bet on your own team, part of me (a big part of me) doesn't want Derby to score a last minute winner based on match 10.

I'll like your post once I get them again.

Imagine what Pete's thinking:

Manchester City 0-2 Watford.

3-2 City

Edit: 4-2 City

If only football matches ended after 59 minutes. For a while there I couldn't help but believe we might do something, once City scored the result was inevitable, but considering I would have been content with only losing 4-0 before the match, we did amazingly well. If we can just take that first half performance into the league, this season may have some life in it yet. Congrats Pete, I'll forgive you and your team for tearing my guts out if we get to say we went 2-0 up at the Quadruple winners by May.