DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

There is a Saturday Night match between Roadblock and Rick Fuller out there and I intend to find it.

3/15/97. watched it a couple months ago. not bad. didn't see a youtube link right off the bat for you tho.

If this was ever aired, the world may have ended and we're just living in some weird afterlife.

WCW TV-Taping @ Orlando
10. Oktober 1997 @ MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida (United States of America)
Meng and The Barbarian defeated Roadblock and Rick Fuller

MonsoonClassic (who uploaded that Arn/Norton match) is probably still the best.

He had a lot purged due to the Network - but you can still find a lot of the gems.

Goddamn, Rick Fuller was a HOSS! I remember a match he had with Booker T, where Book did this flip slam to Fuller, and I thought the earth might have split in twain.

*WCW spins wheel of Worldwide content*

*Wheel lands on "Meng promo with Lee Marshall"*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwg6CO4-Gv0

Meng in a t-shirt and jeans (w/ belt buckle) doing hype for the Dungeon of Doom. Why not?

When Meng says "what are you talking about?" You could almost see Lee Marshall crap himself. 

Like an Office Space-style inside job. It would probably go smoothly until the day you check the recently uploaded list, like Peter at the ATM and see everything (WWF/WCW syndicated shows etc.) up at once due to a glitch in the coding.

• Like 1

Man one of us needs to get a part-time job working in the WWE NEtwork department and just "work overtime" and get their hands on all of that content.

Dead serious.....

i would work 100 hours a week and just ask that they pay my food/housing bill.

plus i'm super good at organization so it would be perfectly categorized. really no downside if WWE offers me this exact job.

Man one of us needs to get a part-time job working in the WWE NEtwork department and just "work overtime" and get their hands on all of that content.

Dead serious.....

i would work 100 hours a week and just ask that they pay my food/housing bill.

plus i'm super good at organization so it would be perfectly categorized. really no downside if WWE offers me this exact job.

Apply then. Look out for us too while you are at it! #DeadSerious

WWE could easily turn this idea into a Network show. Just call it "WWE Lost Gems" and air lost matches from Worldwide, Jakked, Shotgun and the like.  

That's assuming there are "hidden gems" on the WWF C-shows, like Jakked and Metal. Unless you want to see indy darlings when they were still mostly unseasoned, then, yeah, totally. Got me on the Worldwide, Saturday Night, etc. front. WCW just had a deeper roster to play with on those shows. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall back then to see the random match-ups they come up with and put on the match board.

• Like 1

Man there were PLENTY of great matches on those WWF Late 90s C-Shows. Plenty. And not even for those people that want to go crazy over random Indy Dudes. All of the solid talent that wasn't allowed to rise above that lower mid card was there as well. Aguila, Noble, London, Kidman. Lots of solid talent man.

WWE could easily turn this idea into a Network show. Just call it "WWE Lost Gems" and air lost matches from Worldwide, Jakked, Shotgun and the like.  

That's assuming there are "hidden gems" on the WWF C-shows, like Jakked and Metal. Unless you want to see indy darlings when they were still mostly unseasoned, then, yeah, totally. Got me on the Worldwide, Saturday Night, etc. front. WCW just had a deeper roster to play with on those shows. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall back then to see the random match-ups they come up with and put on the match board.

The early 00s had some gems on Velocity and Heat. Danielson/Cena from Velocity in 03 and Venis/Punk from Heat about a year later are good examples. 

Shotgun also had the surrealness of Gorilla Monsoon doing commentary in 1998.