DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 5/6 - 5/12/2024 - We'll Never Be Royals

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah, duh, the Russian's right there. 

Anyway I bet we get Orton/Knight and Ilja/GUNTHER, then GUNTHER/... maybe Knight? Would they really NOT give it to Gunther? 

EDIT: I can accept Carmelo as dark horse candidate for advancement. Pun not intended. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 1

Corbin/Carmelo is my sleeper match for Smackdown. 

My bet is that LA Knight wins the whole thing. I think his character needs a big win just to keep him right on the radar of potential champions. Maybe he could dethrone Logan Paul, but I get why they want to keep the belt on Logan for as long as possible. (Plus, Logan Paul rules.) 

27 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

When the hell is Rey/Kofi? That's, like, a dream match I never knew I wanted.

House show this weekend. Don't think they said which (which might mean "both of them")

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

I would be annoyed about that being the house show match but the other three were fun ones to put on Raw.  I just hope there's a fancam of the full match and not just clips.

EDIT:  Looking at the bracket I can see a Gunther/Hayes final with both men having a good case for winning it.  The smart move is Gunther but King Hayes would be really neat to see.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

And if this is deliberate...  Kudos to the producers for very good subtle storytelling...

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Quick NXT thoughts (not in chronological order, numbered mostly for my benefit)

1) Wes's recovery video was great. Wes v Briggs was one I dreaded a little because everybody always comes back too fucking soon, but I'm feeling a little better now. 

2) I think Ariana and Chelsea are each really fun by themselves, but the two of them together maxed out my tolerance in under a minute and I was making almost the same faces as Gigi.

3) Fallon needs new music and a new entrance ASAP. That song and the pose-and-lens-clean with the bar rag aren't going to work as heel shtick just because she yells into the camera after the wipedown. Match with Kelani was fun.

4) I thought Meta4's big surprise was incredibly lame at first, but that was kind of the point by the end of the segment.

5) Lexis/Duke didn't really hold my attention, which is weird because I usually like those guys. Chase U does not need a rugby team.

6) given how much the loyal perverts love Tatum Paxley lately, it was a mistake not to match her with Ivy for the elimination matches and pay off Ivy throwing her out of the Mine a whole year ago.

7) NQCC v Tyson/Tyriek was difficult to care about because the match was meaningless and just about the Di Angelo v NQCC feud. I liked Tyson and Tyriek backstage. NQCC needs another member. Possibly a woman (or a woman and another man.)

😎 Roxanne/Chelsea was super fun. Chelsea working face-ish and getting cheered was...(Jesus how many times did I write fun? I used to know words.)

Edited by Cliff Hanger
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Wes/Briggs was though I thought Briggs gave Wes just a pinch too much occasionally. Still pretty nice overall. Curious if they go the 4-way route after that ending.

Shayna/Karmen was fine. Karmen is still missing something for me and feels out of place as a face. 

NQCC vs. Tyson/Tyriek was more of an angle than a match but enjoyable enough.

Michin/Grace was fun as a showcase for Mia with Grace's usual antics.

The M4/Trick segment started off as lame but graduated into something fun with Trick tricking Lash into accidentally revealing their relationship to the rest of MetaFour. Dar is not a guy I can take serious under most circumstances, but I kind of dug how pissed he looked by the end.

Fallon/Kelani was solid with both women looking good. Fallon feels more at home as a heel, and I hope she gradual changes her setup as time goes on.

Duke/Lexis was fine.

Roxanne/Chelsea was surprisingly good. I figured it would be fun. The match played up to Chelsea's face status in NXT well enough, and I dug how Chelsea caught Roxanne off guard multiple times.

Kind of dug how they presented the Combine throughout the night and the final choices were mostly good though I wish Arianna Grace made the cut. Reece and Parker are by far the worst of the field, but they will probably either not make it to the ladder match or have enough solid talent around them to cover for them by that point.

Was so pleased to see Chelsea and Arianna interact. It was so perfect along with with Gigi's reaction of disgust.

Solid with decent enough segments and a couple of worthwhile matches in Wes/Briggs & Roxanne/Chelsea.

Chelsea and Arianna's reactions to their matches tonight
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1788045733574177132

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 3

After NXT last night they announced that Alicia Taylor and Mike Rome are trading shows, with Taylor taking over as announcer for SD and affiliated shows and Rome heading to NXT and its shows.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

If Melo/Corbin II is on a damned house show we riot

You're in luck as it looks like Knight/Escobar is the house show match from the men's side. 

Piper/Jade, Candice/Bianca, Naomi/Jax are the women's side qualifiers for TV tonight. The women's house show qualifier seems to still be a *shrug* as I don't think we've been given a full Smackdown women's bracket.

For those who want to watch 15 minutes of Main Event on Hulu, there were fun little matches between The Unholy Union/KC^2 and The Creeds/NCR. If anything the draft at least reloaded the Main Event talent pool. Now if they could only shave like 30 minute of recaps and give matches more time. Where in the world are people's only way to know what is going on watching Main Event?

Edit: I wonder if there was a point of emphasis with the refs to make sure about keeping track of the legal partner in tag matches. It's in my mind because of Backlash but during the Creeds/NCR match they had a spot where a Creed spot ended with the wrong brother being in the pinning position and some minor confusion.

Edited by blitzkrieg
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 3:13 AM, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Do you think Drew was wearing that Cash shirt as an homage to the dearly departed F.S.W.?

You better believe it!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, blitzkrieg said:

You're in luck as it looks like Knight/Escobar is the house show match from the men's side. 

Piper/Jade, Candice/Bianca, Naomi/Jax are the women's side qualifiers for TV tonight. The women's house show qualifier seems to still be a *shrug* as I don't think we've been given a full Smackdown women's bracket.

For those who want to watch 15 minutes of Main Event on Hulu, there were fun little matches between The Unholy Union/KC^2 and The Creeds/NCR. If anything the draft at least reloaded the Main Event talent pool. Now if they could only shave like 30 minute of recaps and give matches more time. Where in the world are people's only way to know what is going on watching Main Event?

Edit: I wonder if there was a point of emphasis with the refs to make sure about keeping track of the legal partner in tag matches. It's in my mind because of Backlash but during the Creeds/NCR match they had a spot where a Creed spot ended with the wrong brother being in the pinning position and some minor confusion.

About who's watching Main Event for updates, I believe there are still some foreign markets that only get Main Event or it's the most accessible show for them. Would be interesting to know how much work it would cause to have those ME matches go longer from an arena perspective and production of the show.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Let's go down to tennis court and talk it out like yeah... Yeah.

"I'll be the ass-clown"... and all that other stuff! Good stuff! Great song!

No, wait I think that is the wrong track! I was thinking of the opening track... great artist either way!

Edited by Shartnado
Wrong track, I think?
  • Like 1