DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2024

2 hours ago, Shartnado said:

I'll just put this out in the universe, but wouldn't Will Ospreay vs PAC for the International Title be a match that should happen at a suitable event? Whatever that may be?

Promos where I'd understand every third or fourth word despite ostensibly speaking the same language!

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Promos where I'd understand every third or fourth word despite ostensibly speaking the same language!

For some reason, I can mostly understand Ospreay (maybe watching Attack the Block a couple of time helped) but PAC is damn near unintelligible to me. Might be one reason I just can’t get to him.

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, JLowe said:

For some reason, I can mostly understand Ospreay (maybe watching Attack the Block a couple of time helped) but PAC is damn near unintelligible to me. Might be one reason I just can’t get to him.

I hear AH WAHNT ME ROOBAH MAHTCH in my nightmares

• Haha 8

PAC’s Geordie accent isn’t even that strong. Cheryl off Girls Aloud’s is much stronger. At one point she was in an advertisement for hair dye, and had to say a nightmare phrase for geordies: No Ammonia.

When she said it, it sounded like “Nyer Amuernya”.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Technico Support said:

13 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

We would 100% hear our first C-bomb on TBS/TNT

13 hours ago, JLowe said:

You need the equivalent of Zilly translating Klunk in Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Technico Support said:

And even that is because every third or fourth will be "Bruv" or "Bonnie Lad"

Edited by Shartnado
typo
  • Haha 3

So apparently the story around Chuck's injury is not a work and may actually end his career.  That really sucks but I'm happy he got a few years on national TV and got to wrestle in front of a stadium-sized crowd at All-In.  I remember him playing with the idea of retiring like 10 years ago and sounding really depressed about it, and also the story of him, Trent, and OC watching that one Mania where the referee's kid wrestled and just being despondent because here they were, guys who'd worked hard for so long, never getting a shot, then watching some little kid work a PPV, like "what's the point of any of this?"  So I was always happy to see him get on AEW TV and PPV.  If it was his last match, it was cool that he got to finally say "shit" on TV and wrestle his longtime friend.  I'd love to see him reunite on commentary with Excalibur sometime and maybe help with production since that's apparently what his degree was in.  Always pulling for Chuckie T.

• Like 15

49 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

So apparently the story around Chuck's injury is not a work and may actually end his career.  That really sucks but I'm happy he got a few years on national TV and got to wrestle in front of a stadium-sized crowd at All-In.  I remember him playing with the idea of retiring like 10 years ago and sounding really depressed about it, and also the story of him, Trent, and OC watching that one Mania where the referee's kid wrestled and just being despondent because here they were, guys who'd worked hard for so long, never getting a shot, then watching some little kid work a PPV, like "what's the point of any of this?"  So I was always happy to see him get on AEW TV and PPV.  If it was his last match, it was cool that he got to finally say "shit" on TV and wrestle his longtime friend.  I'd love to see him reunite on commentary with Excalibur sometime and maybe help with production since that's apparently what his degree was in.  Always pulling for Chuckie T.

The way he went all out in that parking lot brawl it felt like his last hurrah. So, I figured something bad was up, especially when OC said Chuck's career was over. That's a bummer but how he went out is like I'd want to go out, eventually!

• Like 3

On 5/9/2024 at 5:45 PM, Curt McGirt said:

PAC is a Geordie? I always thought he was Scottish. 

Shit, Venom are comprehensible, and that dude isn't?

Joseph Conrad Lant is comprehensible, anyway, can't say for the rest of the bunch...

Posted (edited)

Since there's no new AEW stuff to get to just yet, I'll revisit Bryan Danielson MJF 60-minute Iron Man match for the second time ever.

MJF and Bryan went for more than an hour, Hangman and Bryan went for an hour. Have Hangman and MJF ever faced each other in AEW yet, btw? I'm blanking on it, if they have!

Also, that was quite the blade-job on MJF's part, totally forgot about that. Yeah, this isca crazy match!

Edited by Shartnado
MJF vs Hangman, is it out there?
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Since there's no new AEW stuff to get to just yet, I'll revisit Bryan Danielson MJF 60-minute Iron Man match for the second time ever.

MJF and Bryan went for more than an hour, Hangman and Bryan went for an hour. Have Hangman and MJF ever faced each other in AEW yet, btw? I'm blanking on it, if they have!

Looked it up for you. Once in singles on AEW Dynamite, 27th November 2019. Most memorably Adam Page/John Silver/Alex Reynolds vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz on AEW Dynamite: A Celebration of Mr. Brodie Lee's Life, 30th December 2020.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Looked it up for you. Once in singles on AEW Dynamite, 27th November 2019. Most memorably Adam Page/John Silver/Alex Reynolds vs. MJF/Santana/Ortiz on AEW Dynamite: A Celebration of Mr. Brodie Lee's Life, 30th December 2020.

Thanks. Given that the singles match was back in 2019, they would be on a whole different level these days. I remember you praising the tribute trios match a lot, but I haven't had the guts to watch the Brody tribute show up to this point.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Awww c'mon. Abaddon is understandable. Mantas live, though...

Speaking of Mantas: I take it he had someone else doing the singing in his solo stuff? I really like a song called Nowhere to Run!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I've actually never listened to his solo stuff, and I've even been to see Venom, Inc. live. 🤷‍♂️ Just one of those things I guess. 

Anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5jLEyiotec

That is way more comprehensible than PAC 😄

The solo stuff is further away from Venom than Cronos' solo stuff is. Surprisingly hair metal, and that's probably the reason why you haven't heard it and why I like it!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Looked it up for you. Once in singles on AEW Dynamite, 27th November 2019.

Was that the match where MJF first won the Dynamite Diamond Ring?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Thanks. Given that the singles match was back in 2019, they would be on a whole different level these days. I remember you praising the tribute trios match a lot, but I haven't had the guts to watch the Brody tribute show up to this point.

You're welcome. It's not only the best tribute show ever, it's one of the best wrestling shows ever. Hope you do when the time's right and if not, no worries.

• Thanks 1