DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies & TV - 2024

3 hours ago, Log said:

I could see Andrew Scott making a good Doom.

Good shout. My favourites are Cillian Murphy, Adam Driver and Mads Mikkelsen. Yeah Mads was in the MCU already, either don't bring it up or retcon it. Fantastic Four does little for me unlike Doctor Doom. He's the draw of that package.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

Weird random thought I just had after talking with a friend about the Leftovers. Justin Theroux is so awesome in it. And then I thought…he should be in the MCU. Then I thought, should he play Doom?

So I guess the question is, should Doom be played by someone ridiculously handsome or should he be played by a CHUD like Adam Driver.

I think Driver has had his fill of playing angsty masked bad guys in blockbusters.

While waiting for Deadpool and Wolverine (2024), I thought I'd have an updated go at ranking the Fox X-Men films:

13. Dark Phoenix (2019).

12. The New Mutants (2020).

11. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016).

10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2019).

9. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).

8. The Wolverine (2013).

7. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).

6. Deadpool 2 (2018).

5. X-Men: First Class (2011).

4. X-Men (2000).

3. Logan (2017).

2. Deadpool (2016).

1. X2 (2003).

For whatever reason, I just can’t stand Andrew Scott. I think being introduced him in that (to me) weird and awful version of Moriarty tarnished him for me and it wasn’t helped by whichever Bond movie he played the bad guy.

7 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I think Driver has had his fill of playing angsty masked bad guys in blockbusters.

Yeah, he moved on to angsty husbands and historical figures in arthouse pics now. 

(I'm sure that comment would get a full verbal "Fuck off" from him if he read it haha)

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Forgot he was in that. He was in The Dead Don't Die with the immortal line "Ghouls". (I still like the movie even if nobody else to a person that I know of does. Watch there actually be somebody on here. Nice for speaking up when it came out, haha.)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Forgot he was in that. He was in The Dead Don't Die with the immortal line "Ghouls". (I still like the movie even if nobody else to a person that I know of does. Watch there actually be somebody on here. Nice for speaking up when it came out, haha.)

I definitely enjoyed The Dead Don't Die!

• Like 1

I actually thought he was very funny in that movie but a few other bits aside (Iggy Pop zombie needing coffee was stupendous!) I absolutely haaaaaaated it. It easily could've just been a quick closeup of Jim Jarmusch saying, "Zombie movies are fucking stupid," and it would've saved me the additional 103 minutes of my life. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 12:31 PM, The Natural said:

While waiting for Deadpool and Wolverine (2024), I thought I'd have an updated go at ranking the Fox X-Men films:

13. Dark Phoenix (2019).

12. The New Mutants (2020).

11. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016).

10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2019).

9. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).

8. The Wolverine (2013).

7. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).

6. Deadpool 2 (2018).

5. X-Men: First Class (2011).

4. X-Men (2000).

3. Logan (2017).

2. Deadpool (2016).

1. X2 (2003).

I still have to watch New Mutants but having just watched Dark Phoenix and now looking at this list, it's wild that Fox barely kept it over a 50% hit rate with the X-Men universe. Assuming I'm not wildly outside the consensus and think NM is great (which *has* happened with other superhero movies, especially last year) it's straight up 5 movies I think are Actually Bad plus one or two I think has good bits but I'm not wild about on the whole. 

Real weird franchise, in the end.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

I still have to watch New Mutants but having just watched Dark Phoenix and now looking at this list, it's wild that Fox barely kept it over a 50% hit rate with the X-Men universe. Assuming I'm not wildly outside the consensus and think NM is great (which *has* happened with other superhero movies, especially last year) it's straight up 5 movies I think are Actually Bad plus one or two I think has good bits but I'm not wild about on the whole. 

Real weird franchise, in the end.

Yeah, high highs and low lows along the way.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but if the report is true, the main villain of Deadpool & Wolverine is going to be:

Spoiler

d023b00f10e8a9e6eecabb518610f428

Cassandra Nova

https://variety.com/2024/artisans/news/spider-verse-animated-short-the-spider-within-1235948300/

The Spider Within: A Spider-Verse Story a short film set between Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse looking at mental health. This will be released on Sony Pictures Animation YouTube channel, 27th March.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2024 at 7:30 AM, The Natural said:

https://variety.com/2024/artisans/news/spider-verse-animated-short-the-spider-within-1235948300/

The Spider Within: A Spider-Verse Story a short film set between Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse looking at mental health. This will be released on Sony Pictures Animation YouTube channel, 27th March.

Tomorrow here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FcGPpwFdE1Y