DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 14

RIPPA

Bless Mike Ditka. Not only is he a Pittsburgh guy but he spared us 10 minutes of Steve Young and Stabby McStabberson at halftime.

I haven't really paid attention to Da Bears as my awe of Jeffery indicates. I realize they're playing Dallas, who are absolute shit on defense, but are the Bears playing a lot better under McCown than they were under Cutler? Sure seems like it.

The stat line last week showed them to be about equal. Jay has won more games, and he can throw a laser, which gives him a deeper ball.. McKown is smarter with his decision making and hasn't been turn over prone. But above all the Trestman system WORKS. So the decision has to be made whether he can do that with anyone or if we want Jay to grow under him some more. Early season indications showed Jay improved in his mechanics with Trestman, which makes me thing we keep him - it shows he's actually open to learning from this guy.

It also helps to have two really fucking good WRs. Jeffrey is fucking beasting this year, and when people pay him more attention Marshall gets a big game. This is the best offense we've had in YEARS.

The defense on the other hand...sadness.

• Like 1

Place your bets on who gets to complete the Romoception, as Tony tries to dig these assholes out of the massive hole they're in. Again.

It doesn't count now.

I actually think this has been Romo's best year. That defense though... yikes. I can't believe the Eagles are going to win the division, but... yeah.

Place your bets on who gets to complete the Romoception, as Tony tries to dig these assholes out of the massive hole they're in. Again.

It doesn't count now.

I actually think this has been Romo's best year. That defense though... yikes. I can't believe the Eagles are going to win the division, but... yeah.

I think Romo is a good QB. He has to overcome a lot of bullshit, and gets a bad rap. I think he's just in a bad situation with Dallas and that he has to bail his team out a lot, and that leads to a lot of criticism because he's not always successful.

Mccown can't throw the deep ball and we haven't played a good defense since he has been starting. It's hard to see on TV, but glaring live. The amount of times the Rams released Marshall one on one shocked me.

Still, fuck yeah McCown!!

I will give Romo this much credit: I've always seen him as in that second tier of QBs behind the elite Super Bowl winning guys - kind of in that same class as guys like Schaub. But whereas Schaub can't seem to pull his career out of the death spiral it's fallen into, Romo has always had an uncanny mental toughness where no matter what epic fail befalls him, he can shake it off and go win the next game. That's a pretty rare ability to have.

And now I feel dirty for saying nice things about a Cowboy...

Some of McKown's losses are because of factors outside of his control: our defense, Robbie Gould losing his mojo for one weekend. McKown kept us in games to win, and our D let us down. The flipside is that Jay has more years ahead of him. It's a really crazy situation.