DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 14

RIPPA

I will give Romo this much credit: I've always seen him as in that second tier of QBs behind the elite Super Bowl winning guys - kind of in that same class as guys like Schaub. But whereas Schaub can't seem to pull his career out of the death spiral it's fallen into, Romo has always had an uncanny mental toughness where no matter what epic fail befalls him, he can shake it off and go win the next game. That's a pretty rare ability to have.

And now I feel dirty for saying nice things about a Cowboy...

Also, they can not have to look for a QB every year in the draft like they're the Cleveland Browns. When you have someone (the Joneses) who is not particularly good (average at best) at drafting, the last thing you need is to continue to look for quarterbacks.

But above all the Trestman system WORKS.

Trestman, sure, but holy shit is Aaron Kromer all over that offense. Looks just like the Saints. Even to the point of not running when you should be. And watching McCown do that, yeah, he's good, but what a system.

EDIT: Brandon Marshall: "We wanna be just like the Saints."

Probably should draft a QB

Not when you need a TON of safety help, a defensive line, and cornerback depth. In three years probably. They got Ware, Lee, and a couple other guys, but they wasted defensive picks on guys who never actually played a lick.