DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NCAAF - GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

I know it is called the Scooter's Coffee Frisco Bowl (never heard of them by the way) but it feels like the Damn we are getting Old Bowl as we have Josh McCown's son vs Chad Pennington's son.  And they are both Freshman 

Edited by hammerva

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Taulia Tagovailoa has opted out of Maryland's bowl

I totally missed him becoming the Big Ten's all time passing leader which I am sure Maryland will hang a banner for

Yeah, that's... something. At less than 12000 yards. 

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

And it was Curtis Painter who held the record.

I had forgotten he existed until it happened.

I had the right school at least - I thought it might be Brees. 

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

I had the right school at least - I thought it might be Brees. 

You could've given me fifty guesses and I wouldn't have come up with Painter. Even if you told me Purdue I'm not sure I would've gotten it in less than three or four, maybe a few more.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

You could've given me fifty guesses and I wouldn't have come up with Painter. Even if you told me Purdue I'm not sure I would've gotten it in less than three or four, maybe a few more.

I'd have never gotten there, even being spotted "Purdue" and "not Brees". I know where Painter went but I would never have remembered him. 

On 12/23/2023 at 7:06 PM, hammerva said:

I don't know what Eastern Michigan did to deserve this massacre at the hands of South Alabama tonight but man 

Apparently they decided to wait until after the game to show fight so one guy threw a sucker punch and started a brawl. 

https://twitter.com/jagsfbguy/status/1738808914508976460

Edited by Tabe

9 hours ago, hammerva said:

Yeah that was maybe the cheapest sucker punch of a player I have seen.  I mean this was like one of those NXT Takeover the credits are running attacks.  

Also, what the hell does he thinks going to happen when he's ran from wherever the fuck to punch that guy, surrounded by teammates, while his own are all somewhere not on screen? That's like begging to get your head kicked in.

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

So the supposed starter for Florida State against Georgia is going to transfer portal and is out.  So yeah that game is going to be real ugly

Yeah. Plus the top three receivers are all skipping the game for the draft.

I thought they might rally around trying to force a split title and play close to full strength (minus Travis, obviously) but nope.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

I know this is very old man yelling at clouds but opting for the portal before bowl games feels a lot worse than opting out for the NFL draft.  I mean is the market right now that much more expensive then next week?

It's tough. There's a limited amount of time to choose your next school and get enrolled, and if you stick around until after your bowl, other players will fill many of the spots that are open and leave you with less options.

If someone were building a system up from scratch, there's no way in hell we would have the transfer portal, early signing period, and bowl games all at the same time. But the problem is the academic calendar. If athletes are going to be able to participate in spring football practices, they have to enroll in that school before the start of the winter semester in January.

Aggies had our starter at QB (would be third stringer but #1 is out for the year and #2 was out for the year and then transferred) for exactly one play before he broke his arm.  Fourth stringer had thrown three passes before tonight.  

Add in having a total of three receivers available and losing about 300 guys on defense, and this is gonna be ugly.  

Well there is a reason why he was so low on depth chart but I am sure nobody saw 6 TD in Miller Moss future

Until injuries started impacting him and his O Line betrayed him, I was impressed with Harrell at QB for North Carolina 

I didn't think the Duke's Mayo Bowl could be surpassed in terms of bowl celebration.  Then I saw the Pop Tarts Bowl.  Before the game a giant toaster creates this mascot.  At the end of the game the mascot goes back in the toaster, heated up.  and is fed to Kansas State as an oversized Cherry tart.  😆

Edited by hammerva

Biggest drive of the bowl game for Oklahoma:

All receivers covered, thrown away

All Receivers covered, offensive holding

All Receivers Covered, offensive holding

All Receivers Covers, QB sacked, football stripped, other team picks it up

(then they give up an immediate Arizona TD to ice the game)