DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK TWELVE

Mister TV

1 minute ago, dogwelder said:

He's only had 3 winning seasons out of 13.  And again, those were the prime MVP Cam years.

His record outside of those 3 seasons is 64-87-2.

So without a superhuman-level MVP, he's shit.

To underrate him by the numbers would be as foolish as me trying to overrate him by the numbers, like if I were to say something like how he made the playoffs 5 seasons. To leave out the part about how 2 of those seasons were actually losing seasons is as dumb as leaving out some of the good things he did during the bad times. He kept the team motivated and they still won 6, 7 and 8 games while missing some breaks. 

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

To underrate him by the numbers would be as foolish as me trying to overrate him by the numbers, like if I were to say something like how he made the playoffs 5 seasons. To leave out the part about how 2 of those seasons were actually losing seasons is as dumb as leaving out some of the good things he did during the bad times. He kept the team motivated and they still won 6, 7 and 8 games while missing some breaks. 

Ok, name some of the good things he did that any other coach couldn't do.

• Like 1

As for the Cowboys they’re celebrating like pee wee players who just won the league championship on the last play. I like to see it in a world where this league is full of so much drama and negativity, but they’re just going to get humbled again. At this point it’s what they get. They’re 1 false move away from heel midcard wrestler smiling and celebrating after a win on jobber TV level before they get killed on the ppv.

7 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

On nationwide TV?  Maybe.  The problem is, again, who would be interim?  And then there's the various PR issues that could arise with Bienemy being on the staff and either being named interim and then being let go at the end of the season or being passed over as the interim.

Pretty much everyone I've read this week has been fairly certain they'll the Rivera after today and only didn't after Sunday because of the short week. And they all expect Bienemy to be given the final five games to audition for the job.

But, of course, we don't really know anything about how this new ownership will handle things going forward. Maybe they'll be the second coming of the Steelers who never fire a coach.

Man, nobody beats down bad teams like Dallas. It doesn't seem to translate to the big games against good teams or anything, but this is, what, the seventh or eighth just brutal blowout by them this year

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

And they all expect Bienemy to be given the final five games to audition for the job.

Maybe I'm being too much of a pessimist.  But say Bienemy gets named the interim but then isn't brought back to be the regular HC.  I think there'd be a shitstorm since he's been the "poster boy" for people who say the Rooney Rule isn't as effective as it should be.

5 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I did…but I didn’t oversell them either. 

You said "Meanwhile it will have been over in a longer time than it took for other guys out of his mold to reach the end. If you think of all those mean defensive coaches who did well in bad situations at first, they didn’t last this many years and some of them didn’t even get a 2nd chance."  That's not really specific.

Just now, dogwelder said:

You said "Meanwhile it will have been over in a longer time than it took for other guys out of his mold to reach the end. If you think of all those mean defensive coaches who did well in bad situations at first, they didn’t last this many years and some of them didn’t even get a 2nd chance."  That's not really specific.

I said what I said without overselling or underselling anything and you’re trying way to hard to change that. 

Just now, hammerva said:

Someone needs to explain to me how Sam Howell is this "QB of the future".   I mean he is good maybe even top 15 but it just feels like Kirk 2.0.  I guess we need to see him against an actual O line

Hey, I wouldn't mind having Kirk as the Washington QB...

I think it's mostly because of how shitty Washington's QBs have been over the years and that we finally have someone who looks good that we could put under center for the next 5+ years.

Just now, BloodyChamp said:

You were just trying to hard. 

No, it's because Ron Rivera is a HORRIBLE coach who's basically been coasting on three good years when Cam was one of the top QBs in the league.  And most of the things that commentators cite like 'changing the culture' other HCs could have done.

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

with a 5 TD lead and 4:39 left, can we talk about the real issues of the day

such as Dolly's We Are The Champions/We Will Rock You medley featuring We Will Rock You second?

Not only that but she just kept saying the main line for We Will Rock You and I thought if you can't do the rest then maybe don't bother.  Especially since she did one helluva job with We Are The Champions she could have just ended with that.  But credit to her for looking tremendous at 77.

As for the games I missed most of Detroit/GB but them losing just feels wrong considering the records.  The Cowboys game went as expected and the TD celebrations got laughs out of us.  And so far SF/Seattle is playing out like I felt it would.  Good times.

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

lol Cowboys are beating down teams and Dak has MVP numbers and literally nobody believes any of it 

That 42-10 beating they took in San Francisco looms large.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1