DVDVR Message Board

2023-24 NBA SEASON: 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Let's check in on James Harden

James Harden returned to practice for the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday after a 10-day absence, but will not be joining them on their two-game road trip to open the 2023-24 NBA season.

Following practice, Harden arrived at the airport ready to join the team on its flight to Milwaukee ahead of Thursday's opener against the Bucks, but a security official denied him entry to the team's plane, according to Chris Haynes of Bleacher Report.

Before arriving at the airport, Harden was told by team officials they preferred him to stay at home to continue working out.

From Haynes:

"Initially, staying back was interpreted as a suggestion rather than a mandate, sources say. Harden proceeded to participate in portions of the session with the intention of joining the team on the flight to Milwaukee that afternoon.

"After practice, Harden arrived at the fixed-base operator airport to board the team flight, but he was stopped by a security official who notified him that he was not permitted to accompany the team, sources say.

"General manager Elton Brand and head coach Nick Nurse spoke to Harden to explain that the organization prefers he accepts and follows their workout plan, which includes staying at the practice facility while the team is away, sources say."

https://sports.yahoo.com/james-harden-reportedly-stopped-from-boarding-76ers-plane-will-stay-home-for-road-trip-180219170.html

Oh...

Imagine watching this dude Derek Lively in the first two games and thinking Dallas didn't do the right thing in tanking two meaningless games. This dude is awesome.

Luka just had the most insane goddamn 4 minutes of basketball that you will see someone have to close this game.

Edited by RandomAct
  • Like 1

Speaking of that game, Ben Simmons actually played and put up a decent stat line (I did not see the game so I gave no idea how well he actually played)

10 pts on 5-8 shooting, 10 boards, 8 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals. Even if he never gets back to even the limited offensive player he was, it would be nice if he gets back to being arguably the greatest all-around defender in the league.

Edited by Brian Fowler

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Speaking of that game, Ben Simmons actually played and put up a decent stat line (I did not see the game so I gave no idea how well he actually played)

10 pts on 5-8 shooting, 10 boards, 8 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals. Even if he never gets back to even the limited offensive player he was, it would be nice if he gets back to being arguably the greatest all-around defender in the league.

Brooklyn seemed really committed to having Simmons operate in the post. I'm not sure that is the move for him, but otherwise his effort was definitely there. He played hard and had some good defensive moments.

Edited by RandomAct

Yeah, LA basically gave up no one who can actually play meaningful playoff minutes for them.

Except, you know, that Paul George and Kawhi Leonard have 4 legs that, among them, are as useful as an origami fireplace during an 82-game season plus any playoff series, and James Harden in the playoffs is James Harden in the Playoffs.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 1