DVDVR Message Board

December 2013 NHL thread

odessasteps

Very common to get it from ticks.

We have lots of people at work (being in a wooden rurual area) get ticks and we have to have them tested for it.

Someone i know had one come back positive and they had to take antibiotics for 2 weeks and that was it.

• Like 1

This is the Panthers I remember. They play so well the last few games, especially on defense, and they turn back into shit for Markstrom's game. They bail out Clemmensen for 6 games and leave Markstrom out to dry. It was so obvious this was going to happen that I thought maybe I'd be wrong but I guess not.

Also, am I missing or forgetting something that caused these 2 teams to hate each other?

Daniel and Henrik would fit right in on the Red Wings then. Combine guys who suck at the shootout with goalies who suck and you end up with an NHL record 12 straight losses in shootouts like Detroit has.

Henrik's shootout attempts are basically him waiting for someone to pass to and then skating into the goalie.

This is such a perfect description of what he did tonight. It had me rolling.

Of course, Chicago lost anyway. On a similar topic how on earth is Patrick Kane 0/8 this year? That seems inconceivable.

If the NHL has any balls they will punish the teams in the most punitive way possible for their actions. They are shitting on league business, if the Devils did this the league would stomp them in a heartbeat.

Someone threw a jersey on the ice after the game tonight out of the crowd, which I'll admit disturbed me more than it probably should. I have literally never seen that in Edmonton, and my family still had season tickets in 1993 and 1994 when that team was t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e.

This team might actually be worse. It's not like they aren't trying. They just aren't very good, and aren't physically strong enough to handle a team like St. Louis or Los Angeles. Watching them play the bigger, stronger teams... it's disheartening.

Part of it is an inability to get some defensive depth, part of it is that if you look at basically the top 7 forwards, six of them can't play defense: Hall, Hemsky, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, and Gagner. Gagner especially is having a nightmare season. If the organization had better depth I'd have a hard time believing he'd be playing at all. Yakupov has the worst plus/minus in the whole NHL, and that's with his ass stapled to the bench. Perron is the only genuinely well rounded player of the group. And the only good forward past those seven is Boyd Gordon so your bottom two lines are... really not good. You have one player out of place on a checking line, and basically not the kind of support from the depth guys you would see from a team like Boston.

So it's sort of a combined issue of not enough defensive ability/size from the skill core, as well as the lack of finding effective depth beyond the first round picks.

I don't think it's coaching. Eakins is the 5th in 6th years. He's too easy to scapegoat.

I really don't know where the team should go. I didn't think we were going to challenge for a Cup this year or something, but this is just... it never even crossed my mind that the Oilers could finish behind the Flames this year. Not in my worst nightmares.

Not that DFA's explanation isn't very very good, but I just wanted to add: Perron was traded by the Blues in part because he was arguably the worst defensive forward in our top 9.

I don't want to say coaching in it's current form is the problem, but a major reason Magnus Paajarvi has had problems cracking the Blues lineup is that he has had to get used to the major change of system. The thing is, I have no idea what Edmonton's defensive system is. That in and of itself is a problem.