DVDVR Message Board

December 2013 NHL thread

odessasteps

There's no way there was even 2,500 people at the game in Miami tonight. What a pathetic fanbase. How Bettman justifies keeping teams in cities like Miami and Phoenix that clearly don't give a fuck about the sport is mind-boggling.

The Jets as always play like shitdicks against the Panthers. Warm weather and the Jets do not mix well. Back to the frozen tundra, motherfuckers!

There's no way there was even 2,500 people at the game in Miami tonight. What a pathetic fanbase. How Bettman justifies keeping teams in cities like Miami and Phoenix that clearly don't give a fuck about the sport is mind-boggling.

The Jets as always play like shitdicks against the Panthers. Warm weather and the Jets do not mix well. Back to the frozen tundra, motherfuckers!

Tough for anyone in Florida to get excited about a team that has made the playoffs 4 times in their 19 seasons in the league and look like they are going to finish far out of the playoffs once again.  Rewind to 1996 when Panther-mania was running wild all the way to the finals and everyone was gushing about how this situation was working like gangbusters.

I have seriously no idea what Thornton was thinking there.

By the way, courtesy of Down Goes Brown:

"People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable, I suppose." Shawn Thornton on The Code, 3 days ago.

His quote about suckering non-fighters when they're down... I mean... wow.