DVDVR Message Board

December 2013 NHL thread

odessasteps

So anyone else following the projected Olympic rosters for the big 4 countries constantly? Or is it just me?

I am perversely curious about the train wreck that will be Russian goaltending. What do they do? Bobrovsky will be back from his injury, he's been terrible, but they basically have to take him. Nabokov is 41 and was terrible years ago. Bryzgalov is... well, you know.

I have no idea about KHL goalies but I have to imagine they've got to look there. That should be interesting. I have no idea how the Russians can win on home ice unless one of their goalies performs a miracle though.

So anyone else following the projected Olympic rosters for the big 4 countries constantly? Or is it just me?

I am perversely curious about the train wreck that will be Russian goaltending. What do they do? Bobrovsky will be back from his injury, he's been terrible, but they basically have to take him. Nabokov is 41 and was terrible years ago. Bryzgalov is... well, you know.

I have no idea about KHL goalies but I have to imagine they've got to look there. That should be interesting. I have no idea how the Russians can win on home ice unless one of their goalies performs a miracle though.

You are forgetting Varlamov, who is the expected starter.

The Canadian and American teams have interesting goalie debates. Is Price going to be the starter for you guys? Whose 2 and 3? I know Quick and Miller are in, though i am not sure who starts.

I was worked up over the John Scott goal but then the world cross-corrected itself when Ted Nolan kept putting him out and Scott's bad coverage led to one goal, then a dumb penalty by him led to the 3-2 goal. Having to struggle to beat the Sabres is not exactly a pleasant start to the post X-Mas schedule. Hopefully they can run over the Canes on Sunday in preparation for the outdoor game.

Well, at least this round robin has had its share of upsets and near upsets. Fantastic game between Slovakia and Canada today. I think this is the first time ever I'd consider Canada underdogs going into the New Year's Eve game with the yanks. Lots o' goals if nothing else.