DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
odessasteps

December 2013 NHL thread

You know you're a fucking idiot when even the Bruins homers can't defend your actions.

They are fucking trying.

Fuck both teams honestly. That was supposed to be a highlight game for the NHL, and they give us that.

Good article on why the Jets are such a mess although the analogy to the Muskoka Five is completely inaccurate & seems more like a plea to get Leafs fans to click: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/columnists/jets-clique-too-soft-on-themselves-234867221.html

Lawless is a pretty big fucking toolbox. The one guy of the five he mentioned who has underperformed this season is Wheeler, who is the guy that all of us who watch Jets games says "That fucking guy needs to learn how to shoot".

The Jets problem is blowing games late. That falls on everybdy, and not just a small few. They are 11th in the West, 18th overall. Considering their talent level, they are doing good. Any objective observer who looks at their roster and says 'Yes, they are definitely top 8 in the west" is nuts.

• Like 1

I honestly think that's soft for kneeing a guy in the head, but it's the max he was going to get under the rules once they said he was getting a phone hearing instead of in person.

• Like 1

Giving Neal a fiver sorta sets the bar for Thornton though, no? Gotta be minimum 10. In fact that's probably exactly what they'll give him. They could go higher I guess as it'd be tough to appeal anything since you basically admitted guilt the night of the incident and even your own coach said it was wrong.

They are offering $50 gift cards to NHLShop to anyone who buys 2 tickets for the Isles-Rangers game at Yankee Stadium. It's not like they grossly overestimated demand and made tickets way too expensive. Yeah, they are desperate.

Fucking Hurricanes.

Oh well, the Canucks are good. They are the only team that I've seen Carolina play twice this year and not look competitive against.

A piece of the glass broke during the Wings/Panthers and instead of replacing it they boarded up the window. It's like they're trying to turn this into even more of a home game for Detroit. All kidding aside it's fucking embarrassing and completely appropriate for this shitty Godawful team.

edit: Is Detroit awful this year or do the Panthers inexplicably have their number? They haven't won 2 in a row against Detroit since I was 9.

I can't even express how much joy that glass bullshit has brought to twitter tonight.

286vcz6.jpg

BbLDwuQCAAEzLZq.jpg

I hate my team.

Even when they have an amazing comeback win vs Detroit they're still a laughingstock.

• Like 2

There were ample, ample seats for the fans to move to.

• Like 2

Apparently that was a piece of glass, they just couldn't get the paper off due to the humidity. Not that it makes it any less embarassing for the NHL. If only they had a 5.2 billion dollar TV deal with which to use some money to help avoid situations like this.

Apparently that was a piece of glass, they just couldn't get the paper off due to the humidity. Not that it makes it any less embarassing for the NHL. If only they had a 5.2 billion dollar TV deal with which to use some money to help avoid situations like this.

The Panthers are stealing enough money as it is!

Seems like a 50 in 50 watch for Ovechkin is worthwhile now. Four goals tonight. Twenty-six goals in 29 games.

"Flames announce that GM Jay Feaster and Assistant GM John Weisbrod have been relieved of their duties effective immediately."