DVDVR Message Board

2023 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

As for the Bucks, I do wonder how well they defend without Holiday. Especially if Middleton's apparent decline on that end last year is real, and not just a byproduct of still recovering from injury.

Phoenix gets off Ayton's contract, but not much else.

15 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

lmao, Lillard is heading to the Bucks in a 3-team trade with Phoenix.

Out of respect for Dolfan (and also trying not to get banned) I will not be taking a victory lap at this time.

Presumably Portland will look to move Holiday, right?

Gotta admit it would be a bit funny if he ends up going to Miami (and I think he would be a good fit for the Heat to boot if a deal could be made )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Presumably Portland will look to move Holiday, right?

Gotta admit it would be a bit funny if he ends up going to Miami (and I think he would be a good fit for the Heat to boot if a deal could be made )

Woj says yes, Jrue will never play for the Blazers.   He'll be moved immediately.

So you are telling me that Tyler Herro isn't a major player that is on the same level as a potential Hall of Famer in a trade

Watching Miami sports people losing their shit and basically accusing ESPN of collusion is just sad and really doesn't help their victim complex.    I mean if ESPN wanted to tilt the NBA in their favor, wouldn't they have tried to send Lillard to Boston or Los Angeles or a bigger market than Milwaukee 

• Like 1

⬆️ That is not a joke.  Jimmy *will* murder a teammate at some point for not hustling enough, and Riley *will* successfully cover it up for him. 

Anyway, the Blazers are apparently asking for "young talent" and multiple 1's for Jrue.  So...  😛

The Sixers and Clippers are the most interested for now.

Celtics trade Brogdon, Robert Williams and the 2024 first from GSW and an unprotected 2029 1st rounder for Jrue.

Not sure I like it, I will miss TimeLord, but time will tell.

edit: 

I think we need to give the Blazers GM credit: When Lillard did his "Miami or nothing ultimatum", it seemed like everyone expected them to take a puu puu platter for him. The equivalent of trading a dollar for 6 dimes.

This is what they actually got.

Deandre Ayton
Robert Williams (on a pretty team friendly contract!)
Malcolm Brogdon
Toumani Camara, 

three first-round picks:  2024 (Golden State, Top-4 protected), 2029 (Bucks and Celtics unprotected)

2028 and 2030 Milwaukee pick swaps.

That's rather impressive.

(Hat tip to ESPN Woj's Twitter)

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 1

Technically media but it is so specific to the NBA

Woj and Shams are also useful to front-office members trying to circumvent the league’s tampering rules, according to two former executives. One said he had signaled his team’s interest in a player by telling Shams, knowing he would deliver the message to a team or an agent. The reporters also know what every team and agent is up to, as well as which teams might soon have job openings, making them valuable sources themselves. Owners, one agent said, ask Woj for hiring recommendations on coaches and general managers. “You can’t have them mad at you because then you don’t have access to their information,” a former executive said.

“These aren’t one-sided relationships,” said Dan Marks, who spent nearly a decade in the Milwaukee front office. “The reporters get scoops; they get traffic. On the flip side, you get insight into job opportunities or favorable coverage. There are GMs who get fired where you look at it and Woj will say it’s mutual. But he’s saying mutually parted ways because it seems better for that person.”

Or, as Falk put it: “Woj built a network of moles. It’s a group of people who have decided they have more loyalty to Woj than to the teams they work for.”

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 2:18 PM, Zimbra said:

Jimmy Butler would beat James Harden to death with a coffee tumbler the first time he rolled into practice late smelling like south beach.

Screen-Shot-2023-10-02-at-10.39.19-AM.png?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Yeah I don't know, it looks like Jimmy's pretty open to dancing and partying all night these days...while drinking some cherry wine of course...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Screen-Shot-2023-10-02-at-10.39.19-AM.png?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Yeah I don't know, it looks like Jimmy's pretty open to dancing and partying all night these days...while drinking some cherry wine of course...

But, with his clothes on, it must be said.

• Like 1