DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/20 - 2/26/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Imperium and Ricochet, Madcap Moss and Brawn Strowman do a bunch of stuff to keep GUNTHER and Strowman away from each other.  Ricochet is great bouncing around the ring to keep the two monsters away from each other.  Ludwig Kaiser is the third best guy in Imperium but he's really good.  DREW McINTYRE?  Giovanni Vinci FUCKS UP and let's Ricochet make the hot tag to Strowman!  Strowman sells for Gunther and Gunther CRUSHES Moss!  The VIKING RAIDERS!  DREW McIMTYRE!  SHEAMUS!  WACKINESS!  That's fun.  Hey!  I haven;t seen LA Knight wrestle since he was in IMPACT!  It's Kofi Kingston!  Knight seems like WWE settle for him because they couldn't get Ethan Page.  He's fine.  Kofi bumps around for him really well.  This is good.  For some reason, Kofi goes over.  Natalya wrestles Shayna Baszler!  This is STIFF!  Natalya is awesome.  That was quick.  Karrion Kross and Rey Mysterio have another match!  Kross is a good BASE!  Rey bumps BIG to the floor!  Toprope Frankensteiner by Mysterio!  SCARLETT! DOMINICK!  Kross chokes out Rey!  Not the best Smackdown, but it was perfectly fine.

• Like 2

1) Dom Mysterio killed it all night long. This was a "star is born" evening for him. They trusted him with a ton of time tonight and he hit it out of the park. 

2) The Bloodline saga continues with another A+ segment. I loved that the night focused around Jimmy. Jimmy's been really good but in the background. Tonight he submitted his "Best Supporting Actor" reel. I spend a LOT of time thinking about The Bloodline (I say sadly) but the Sami/Jimmy relationship was part of the story I never considered. Sami reminding us that Jimmy was the first and for a long time only Bloodline member to have his back was great work. You could see Jimmy mulling over Sami's words and the reminder of how poorly Roman treated Jey. But instead of accepting this, he cheapshots Sami - and it didn't feel like it was out of opportunity but more out of self-loathing in realizing Sami speaks the truth but he's so wrapped up with Roman he has to lash out. The Sami/Jey staredown at the end, too was awesome foreshadowing. 

I like that Smackdown this week didn't necessarily advance the story, but it somehow added even more color and backstory to the most layered storyline in wrestling history.

It's crazy to me that professional wrestling is making something like this. 

• Like 4

Imperium vs. Strowman/Ricochet/Moss was good stuff. Ricochet plays FIP well. Strowman is a good hot tag and apron supporter. Moss was a house of fire whenever he was in. Imperium were great working together to maintain control. Dug the short bit with gunther and Strowman facing off. The finish with Moss getting wrecked by Gunther was good as well. Dug the post match a decent bit too. kind of hope we get a big 10-man tag with everyone involved before Wrestlemania. Have to say while I thought Sheamus/Gunther would be our WM IC title match I'm more than happy if its Drew/Gunther, especially if Gunther continues to win as he should. 

Kofi/Knight was a nice surprise and solid all around. The two worked together better than expected. 

Missed most of Nattie/Shayna though I dug the post match with Ronda wondering who the fuck Nox was and calling her skittles.

Rey/Kross was another nice little match between the two. Thought Kross actually brought a little more to the table this time around and the finish and post match with Dom worked well.

Was not expecting the Rhea/Charlotte segment to be more Charlotte/Dom. Was even more surprised by ow decent it was while still leading back into Charlotte/Rhea.

The Jimmy/Sami segment was good stuff. Was nice seeing Sami bring up how Jimmy was the first to support and th ehurt he felt at Jimmy attacking him so easily back at the Rumble. 

2 hours ago, Greggulator said:

1) Dom Mysterio killed it all night long. This was a "star is born" evening for him. They trusted him with a ton of time tonight and he hit it out of the park. 

This so much. This had to be the best Dom has looked so far with how much he delivered during every segment. He was such a bastard and the crowd just wanted him destroyed by the time we came to the faceoff with Rey.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

I've been listening to Konnan and Discos podcast and you can tell they are really coaching Dom with his Character work and his wrestling. He has really improved in everything from sell, positioning body language. The only thing he'll be lacking is his build.

• Like 3

I really love how WWE is excelling as a highly sensationalized melodrama. Such heightened emotional drama in many of these often face to face promo segments. Sami and the Bloodline, Cody and Heyman, Dom and Rey, Sami and KO, Rhea w/ Dom and Charlotte, Bloodline with themselves, and likely more Bianca with crazy Asuka. Not everything is hitting it out of the park, but it is cool seeing the current WWE aesthetic being such an easy joy to follow along with. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I've been listening to Konnan and Discos podcast and you can tell they are really coaching Dom with his Character work and his wrestling. He has really improved in everything from sell, positioning body language. The only thing he'll be lacking is his build.

And lack of build isn’t hurting him at this point. It’s a positive that I can imagine Charlotte handing him his ass. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, peterien said:

It really feels like they’re just telling Bray “ya just do whatever you want man, just roll with it” and every bit of it is the drizzling shits. 

& most of us blamed Vince for how the last run turned out lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1