DVDVR Message Board

2023 Game Deals, Subscription Services, Etc.

Kevin Wilson

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I’ve been hearing people talk up Midnight Suns lately and it’s on sale for like $30 right now.

worth it atthe sale price? 

I played it for a bit when I still paid for Gamefly. I enjoyed the couple hours I threw into it. At some point, I'll probably pick up whatever the deluxe edition is when it's cheap. I'm in no hurry now thanks to backlog. 

Edit: It's kind of a weird combo of an X-Com Like with some card battle mechanics. It also sadly sunk that studio. 

Edited by Chaos

On 12/20/2023 at 1:24 PM, odessasteps said:

I’ve been hearing people talk up Midnight Suns lately and it’s on sale for like $30 right now.

worth it atthe sale price? 

I loved it but its.... unique. It an odd combination of many different genres. Some tactical RPG, some deckbuilding, relationship/friendship building, it has a real identity crisis. I generally recommend it to people if minimally they like tactical RPGs like XCOM but its too unique of a game for me to recommend too enthusiastically. And its pretty long too so if you like the style you definitely get the bang for your buck.

Best Buy has the enhanced edition for $20.

2 hours ago, JLSigman said:

The Steam Winter Sale has begun. May the gods have mercy on your bank account.

I try to not spend too much and am lucky if I can get below $50.  But then there's my friend who is pretty much this.

y91.gif

I see this as us as the poor sap throwing money and the smiling little shit being Steam/Gabe Newell going "Yes, yes!  Good, good!"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I loved it but its.... unique. It an odd combination of many different genres. Some tactical RPG, some deckbuilding, relationship/friendship building, it has a real identity crisis. I generally recommend it to people if minimally they like tactical RPGs like XCOM but its too unique of a game for me to recommend too enthusiastically. And its pretty long too so if you like the style you definitely get the bang for your buck.

Best Buy has the enhanced edition for $20.

I’ve got like $30 in Xbox/MS credits now, so was deciding if there was something to buy that’s not 9n Gamepass.

does Game Pass (the middle tier) really not offer online multiplayer? From my limited research it appears only the Core and Ultimate tiers do. Which I find really weird. The middle and lowest tier are a $1 apart in price, but the lowest offers multiplayer, and the other one doesn’t but has Gamepass.

So weird. It’d be like PS Plus Extra not having multiplayer, but Essential and Premium having it. All of them should.

• RIPPA locked this topic