DVDVR Message Board

2023 Game Deals, Subscription Services, Etc.

Kevin Wilson

4 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

It was about a ninety-game list for OG Xbox compatibility on 360. Did it go down? I recall Halo CE and Halo 2 being backwards compatible on 360.

I guess they want you to buy that Halo legacy collection instead. 

Yes.

And a lot of the games have caveats, like San Andreas not actually playing the OG version but instead you download the 360 version which is based off the mobile port. Same with Battlefield 2 - the OG Xbox disc version makes you download the 360 port.

I was using my Series S as a backwards compatible + GamePass machine, but there’s too much stuff missing from the digital store that I want to play.

Even if I had a Series X - for example, Lollipop Chainsaw won’t work. Wet won’t either.

Edited by Casey
  • Sad 1

Microsoft announces a Game Pass New Friend Referral Program

Members can give up to five friends a free 14-day PC Game Pass trial. Invited friends must be new to Game Pass to redeem the free trial.

• 2 weeks later...

EA via Steam is offering a Bioware Mega Collection which is

All three Dragon Age games, the Mass Effect Legendary Edition (which the 3 original games remastered set) and Mass Effect Andromeda for $20

There is a part of me that respects Nintendo in a weird way for seeing what games their fans want to be added to Switch Online, then saying "nah you can have these instead." Anyway, three new games will be added to the service on May 26th, all for the Game Boy Advance:

• Super Mario Advance
  • Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
  • Yoshi’s Island: Super Mario Advance 3

I haven't played an NBA 2k game in what feels like forever. Maybe not since the Dreamcast. I'm tempted to give that one a shot since it would be free and all.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

I haven't played an NBA 2k game in what feels like forever. Maybe not since the Dreamcast. I'm tempted to give that one a shot since it would be free and all.

The actual game itself is fine. The career mode is a microtransaction-soaked mess that seems to want me to do anything other than play basketball. I gave up when the game told me I had to pass out flyers for a hot dog stand to win favor with the fanbase because I was drafted instead of someone else, or else I'd be traded due to a front office struggle.

I swear I'm not making that up.

• Haha 1

More Nintendo Switch Online games added, your mileage will vary if any of these look interesting enough to play in 2023. All of these are on the regular service, no expansion required:

• Blaster Master: Enemy Below (Game Boy Color)
  • Harvest Moon (Super Nintendo)
  • Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble (Game Boy Color)
  • Mystery Tower (NES)

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

It's the Steam Summer Sale! Hide your wallets!

Don’t forget to check GreenManGaming and the like before you spend a few extra dollars on a game!

Unfortunately for me, the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy isn’t on sale there, so I have to buy it on Steam. But at least they’re like $7-9 a piece.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

What titles are you interested in this year?

I'd love to build up my FF backlog, and Mass Effect Legendary is $15, I'm just not sure what my 6+ year old computer can run. I'll probably end up grabbing some of the under $2 things (Organ Trail, Flower, etc) and catch up on some older Hidden Object/Point and Click adventure stuff from what used to be Big Fish.

• 4 weeks later...