DVDVR Message Board

2023 Game Deals, Subscription Services, Etc.

Kevin Wilson

Another thread that Phil forgot to make, how much do we pay this guy anyway. I'd make another joke but I messed up the title the first time so I won't.

GoldenEye 007 is being added to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion pack on 1/27. I can't think of any game wildly popular at the time that holds up worse than GoldenEye, those early 3D FPS games just look so bad now. That being said, I'll probably play it for 30 minutes just for the nostalgia.

Is there a good website or twitter account (without extra fluff) that gives up to date information on what is added to all subscription services? Like one page I can easily find what is being added to GamePass, PS Premium, and Switch Online in real-ish time. I know each has their own messaging system on their sites, and someone updates wikipedia, but I feel like I lose track of what is added to these services unless I just constantly check myself.

Sony is ending the Playstation Plus Collection

Playstation Plus subscribers have until May 9 to claim the titles in the collection

If you claim a title before that date, you will keep the game until you cancel your PS Plus subscription

The titles currently in the collection

Spoiler

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Zombie Chronicles Edition)
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy 15
God of War
Infamous Second Son
Monster Hunter World
Mortal Kombat X
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Until Dawn

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sony is ending the Playstation Plus Collection

Playstation Plus subscribers have until May 9 to claim the titles in the collection

If you claim a title before that date, you will keep the game until you cancel your PS Plus subscription

The titles currently in the collection

Reveal hidden contents

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Zombie Chronicles Edition)
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy 15
God of War
Infamous Second Son
Monster Hunter World
Mortal Kombat X
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Until Dawn

and just like any other PS Plus game, you’ll gain access back to those titles if you cancel and then come back a month (or whenever) later.

I wish they would have released PS5 patches for those games, though.

On 2/1/2023 at 5:54 PM, Raziel said:

Yeah, I already have all that via PS4 that I want so I'm not torn up about it.  Although waiting until,  like, PS5's are actually obtainable would've been nice.

They've been consistently available since before Christmas (minus the digital only without GoW bundled) and the collection is free up until May so I don't see any issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope already plummeted in price, this is a quick sale but once one seller does it the rest usually follow. I am currently playing it and its pretty fun, it feels like it just was under-advertised or got lost in the shuffle. Anyway, $28 on Best Buy until tomorrow: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-cosmic-edition-nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-oled-model-nintendo-switch-lite/6464074.p?

4 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope already plummeted in price, this is a quick sale but once one seller does it the rest usually follow. I am currently playing it and its pretty fun, it feels like it just was under-advertised or got lost in the shuffle. Anyway, $28 on Best Buy until tomorrow: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-cosmic-edition-nintendo-switch-nintendo-switch-oled-model-nintendo-switch-lite/6464074.p?

I need to pick it back up, but I snagged it over the holiday when it came with the first game as a digital download. Opening sequence is fun. 

Verizon has a deal where you can get an Xbox Series S for $150.

I have a promo code, but no clue if it works if you aren’t a Verizon customer and where you can use the code (besides their app and website)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Verizon has a deal where you can get an Xbox Series S for $150.

I have a promo code, but no clue if it works if you aren’t a Verizon customer and where you can use the code (besides their app and website)

I will pick that up at that price.

Did Verizon send you a promo code via email? I have lots of email deals from them, but not this one.

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't even know Verizon Up existed. Huh. 

2X EDIT: Got one. Pentiment, here I come! 

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 1

Rise of Industry is free this week on Epic Games.

Humble Bundle has a 72-game pack in support of Earthquake Relief for Turkiye & Syria.  The pack costs a minimum of $30 and includes Gotham Knights, a game currently selling for $60 on Steam that was just released in October.  It includes a pile of older big name titles as well as the usual assortment of indie games.  Well worth the purchase, IMHO.

Ah, now Verizon has the Series X on sale, but not for nearly the same discount that it had the Series S for last week. It's $449 at Verizon now. 

https://www.verizon.com/products/microsoft-xbox-series-x-console/?CMP=afc_m_p_cj_na_ot_2022_99&SID=polygon&cjevent=5cd360cbbeef11ed83a68c5b0a1eba22&vendorid=CJM

If you go look at the Series S, it’s the same way. Just $50 off. It’s the Verizon Up rewards thing that gives you that massive discount.

Maybe next month they’ll have a half off coupon for the Series X? I’d buy that, and sell off my Series S (at a loss most definitely but whatever).