DVDVR Message Board

2023 Pro Wrestling Merchandise Thread

Will order that at some point. Still waiting on AEW to do a full zip Bryan Danielson hoodie. Full zip hoodies are my favourites. Most of the top AEW talent have them with the exception of Bryan Danielson.

• Like 1

Billie Starkz hasn't had the "Is All Elite" graphic yet. But as of today, she does have a shirt on Shop AEW:

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, The Natural said:

FzyL1vnX0AAwlJX?format=jpg&name=900x900

Well that's a dreadful fucking shirt. Why remind people that NJPW shat on the lineage of their main title and replaced it with a new one with about two years of history? And on a purely aesthetic level, it's a hideous eyesore that nobody in their right mind could possibly want to wear.

• Thanks 1

On 6/30/2023 at 8:34 AM, SturmCRF said:

Well that's a dreadful fucking shirt. Why remind people that NJPW shat on the lineage of their main title and replaced it with a new one with about two years of history? And on a purely aesthetic level, it's a hideous eyesore that nobody in their right mind could possibly want to wear.

I was picking up some takeout the other night and saw someone in Rick Boogs "Always Time To Shred" shirt and I had that bad wrestling fan moment of "who would wear that in public?" I talked myself back because maybe... the dude just really likes Rick Boogs.

I feel like there's always pockets of fans who will have really strong admiration for wrestlers you might not expect. I like Sanada enough but I can imagine who was stoked enough that he finally beat Okada and would get anything to commemorate it. Somewhat related, someone really does have to explain the "37" thing he's doing now too because I can only think of Clerks.

Yeah...even if that Sanada shirt is a play on the Cena "The Champ is Here" shirts with the belt design, that's bad. I feel like I've become one of the board's bigger NJPW apologists, but it seems to me a lot of their merch design has taken a nosedive in the last few years. It's weird...it's almost like they play a joke on people where the higher up the card you go, the worse your merch design gets. Yano and (at least in my opinion) Taguchi always get fun shirt designs, with the occasional miss. On the other hand, Okada has practically never had any good merch put out. 

35 minutes ago, Nineteen said:

Somewhat related, someone really does have to explain the "37" thing he's doing now too because I can only think of Clerks.

I don't fully understand it, but the "37" is apparently a numerical play on Sanada's name. "San" = 3, and one way to say 7 = "nana." Some wrestlers get closer than others, I think? This is the same reason why Tomohiro Ishii has "141" on a lot of his merchandise over the years, for example. Take ichi (1) + shi (4) +another ichi and smash it together..."Ishii," 141.

Edited by Teflon Turtle
  • Like 3

On 6/30/2023 at 1:34 PM, SturmCRF said:

I want to like this more than once. I fucking despise the NJPW World Heavyweight Championship for how it looks and what it's replaced in the IWGP Heavyweight Championship. It's really soured me on NJPW doing that in March 2021 along with the IWGP Intercontinental Championship disappearing alongside it. Thanks, @SturmCRF.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jazwares announced a bunch of new stuff today at SDCC.

New line: Unrivaled Trios (Death Triangle).

another new line: ROH, with retro versions of Danielson (bald alt head w/ AmDrag hoodie), Claudio (default with hair, alt close shaved head with goatee and mustache), Omega (young boy Omega) and Danhausen. ROH 2-packs include Cole & O’Reilly, the Young Bucks (Bullet Club/Cease & Desist shirt) and the Briscoes.

CM Punk Supreme version (THIS WILL BE MINE)

I’m on mobile so too many links for pics, but well worth looking at the ROH line. And that Punk figure is gorgeous.

• Like 1

I'll probably pick this up. I keep my figures in box. I'd prefer there to be bald headed Bryan only and no robe. 2005-2006 is my Bryan Danielson during his epic reign as ROH World Champion and as the Bets Wrestler in the World.

Edited by The Natural

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I'll probably pick this up. I keep my figures in box. I'd prefer there to be bald headed Bryan only and no robe. 2005-2006 is my Bryan Danielson during his epic reign as ROH World Champion and as the Bets Wrestler in the World.

Important note: the ROH line is online exclusive I believe, coming to what they call the “Jazwares Vault”. Probably similar to Hasbro Pulse, I imagine. The Death Triangle 3 pack will be on that, too.

Edited by Casey

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

Important note: the ROH line is online exclusive I believe, coming to what they call the “Jazwares Vault”. Probably similar to Hasbro Pulse, I imagine. The Death Triangle 3 pack will be on that, too.

Does that make them harder to get? Where do you all get your wrestling figures from? I ask as I haven't in many years. Thanks.

Jazwares Vault hasn’t launched yet, so who knows how that’ll work, but if it’s like Hasbro Pulse it entirely depends on the brand/character etc whether they’re hard to get or not. Also have to factor in scalpers most likely too.

My figure collection is mostly older Spawn stuff and various Marvel things, but it’s mainly a combination of eBay purchases and sites like Walmart or Amazon.

Speaking of - the Supreme version of CM Punk is exclusive to Walmart so I fully expect to not be able to ever find it either online or in person. I’m still looking for the Walmart exclusive Punk they released, and not terribly interested in paying resell prices for it either.

• 2 weeks later...

Shop AEW just announced that the CM Punk Trans Flag shirt he had on Saturday is now on sale… for two weeks only! With no backprint! With 100% of profits donated to The Trevor Project.
A few of my friends who really wanted one are quite upset about various aspects of this.

• Like 1

There is going to be an action figure box set of the Midnight Express all three wrestlers and their manager. $229 which includes a bunch of extras like a book and picture etc. 

Edited by odessasteps

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Shop AEW just announced that the CM Punk Trans Flag shirt he had on Saturday is now on sale… for two weeks only! With no backprint! With 100% of profits donated to The Trevor Project.
A few of my friends who really wanted one are quite upset about various aspects of this.

What were they upset about if you don't me asking?

I just bought that CM Punk Flag shirt.