DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies - 2023

48 minutes ago, Casey said:

So basically: Majors might either be recast or nothing will change, or they might shift to Dr. Doom somehow even though the Loki finale puts them in a major corner (apparently). An abrupt change to another huge villain this late in the game wouldn’t be a good thing, even if that’s what we all want to see over Kang, IMO.

Blade is on life support (but maybe might happen in 2025) and Ali was ready to walk. The script at one point was focused on women and the theme of the movie was life lessons (???) and Blade was the 4th most important character in his own movie. Feige doesn’t want to let Ali walk, so he hired the scribe behind Logan, but also wants to make the movie for less than $100m.

The Marvels had a lot of problems and the director left during post-production to film another movie.

There’s been talks about bringing back RDJ, Evans and Scarlett. Which we all knew was likely to happen given the multiverse.

Marvel is kind of banking on the Fox characters to revitalize interest in the MCU. But there’s been exactly zero movement on an X-Men movie or series, F4 is in limbo due to the actor’s strike, and Deadpool probably will be late 2024 at this point.

I miss Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr and Scarlett Johansson but I think I'd prefer them not to return for how all three went out in Avengers: Endgame. Still pissed Black Widow was shit and we didn't get a Black Widow trilogy.

After that New York Times piece where RDJ waxed about what is and isn’t “content” in his eyes, and with him as the probable front runner for an Oscar now that he’s doing the type of stuff that gets that kind of attention again, the check they cut him to come back is going to be comically large. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The go woke / go broke folks want The Marvels to bomb, so fuck them.  I'm going on opening night and taking my daughter and all of her friends with me.

Even though my MCU interest is at it's lowest ever, I hope that those who are looking forward to it do.

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

The go woke / go broke folks want The Marvels to bomb, so fuck them.  I'm going on opening night and taking my daughter and all of her friends with me.

Same. I’ve already got our tickets.  This will be the first MCU movie my daughter gets to see in theaters, and she’s super excited after watching Ms. Marvel and then Captain Marvel.

• Like 3

Re: the MCU article, I’d be fine with High Evolutionary being revealed as a Kang variant and recast Iwuji as Kang.

I think their overall problem is the perfect storm of the pandemic hitting and delaying everything at a time when they were hitting a reset with new franchises for Phase IV, forcing them to go without the bigger franchises/interconnected stores for a while.

• Like 5

The other part of that Variety article is a kinda, but not really spoiler for the season finale of Loki in that 

Spoiler

apparently it officially sets up Kang as the big bad moving forward in a big way.

Edited by JonnyLaw

On 11/2/2023 at 10:45 PM, Eivion said:

I don't really want to see Doom rushed. I'd rather they take their time in establishing him and just finish up the Kang story. 

What he said.  I know the negativity generated by Majors's life drama is affecting things adversely, but there's no need to screw up everything with knee-jerk reactions.

Just handle the Kang situation the best way possible, with or without Majors, and establish Doom in a manner that gets people excited about the MCU again.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Well, I suppose it makes sense to add it to this thread, but I didn't speak about this for a little bit figuring everyone else would have talked about it. Regarding Kang, Loki S2, and everything...

Spoiler

The supposed big shift is not so much Kang, but rather cementing Renslayer as the big bad and her more or less being behind the council of Kangs and borrowing bits and pieces of Terminatrix, among other stories.

Loki is the splashiest fucking series MCU has had and they never seem afraid to do some really wild shit that sets the tone for what's going to come in the movies. They've had two major episodes this season with the finale next week. Last season's finale was the info dump of all info dumps and one of the coolest MCU moments that went awry given Majors' legal troubles. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see the S2 finale go even bigger than the S1 finale did.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Well, I suppose it makes sense to add it to this thread, but I didn't speak about this for a little bit figuring everyone else would have talked about it. Regarding Kang, Loki S2, and everything...

Spoiler

Yep, i watched it last night.  Which got me to thinking.

Why not just make things simple and say that the reason that Ravonna helped He Who Remains is because she is another aspect of He Who Remains and then give Gugu the role of Kang Prime if Disney decides to reacast the role? 

Hell, if Loki can have a female aspect of himself, then Kang must have at least one of them as well.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

Spoiler

It probably still needs to be a package deal with Renslayer and Miss Minutes. Ravonna alone isn’t really that scary.

Or there’s always a bigger fish and the previous biggest fish wind up making themselves and everyone else bait for the bigger fish, in this case the Beyonders?

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I feel like I’m the past, there’s sometimes been synergy between the shows and movies when things have dropped at the same time, but not so much this time.

Between COVID and the strikes, their timing has gotten shot all to hell.