DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2023 & Beyond)

RIPPA

On 10/26/2023 at 3:51 PM, RIPPA said:

Happy Skull & Bones Has Been Delayed Again Day to all who celebrate

Latest delay pushes it to sometime between Jan-March 2024

(this is probably a nitpicky delay since Ubisoft has given up remotely giving anything close to a release date for the game)

They may have also delayed Star Wars Outlaws too. Ubisoft isn't doing too well with their games. The Crew Motorfest got heavily discounted a few weeks ago and the servers for the game aren't doing well.

Not to mention numerous other past games seemingly going up and down server wise.

I am all over the threads today

It hasn't been officially announced yet but since Jason Schreier has it, it is as good as announced

Bungie is delaying the "conclusion" of Destiny 2 - The Final Shape - until June (was supposed to come out in February

It has also pushed Marathon until sometime in 2025

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 1:19 PM, RIPPA said:

since Jason Schreier has it, it is as good as announced

Speaking of: Schreier said today (posted on the Bloomberg site) that Rockstar will announce GTA 6 as soon as this week and release a trailer in December to coincide with their 25th anniversary.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Speaking of: Schreier said today (posted on the Bloomberg site) that Rockstar will announce GTA 6 as soon as this week and release a trailer in December to coincide with their 25th anniversary.

Will the trailer end with "coming in 2027"?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I'll probably have a lot of time to play since it will probably get delayed for six years or so and I'll be retired by then.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's out next year. Been heavy rumors about it running on two years now, and I think Rockstar is usually good at waiting until they feel something is closing in on the finish line before showing. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's out next year. Been heavy rumors about it running on two years now, and I think Rockstar is usually good at waiting until they feel something is closing in on the finish line before showing. 

I hope you are right.  This angry old man ain't getting any younger.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it's out next year. Been heavy rumors about it running on two years now, and I think Rockstar is usually good at waiting until they feel something is closing in on the finish line before showing

That’s just not true.  As far as I can remember, there were long delays for GTA games.  And RDR2 as well.  I believe it was two years between both GTA5 and RDR2 trailer #1 and the games’ release.

Edited by Technico Support

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

That’s just not true.  As far as I can remember, there were long delays for GTA games.  And RDR2 as well.  I believe it was two years between both GTA5 and RDR2 trailer #1 and the games’ release.

RDR2 - first trailer = Oct 20, 2016 (game was officially announced Oct 18, 2016). Released on Oct 26, 2018 (had 3 delays after game was officially announced)

GTA5 - first trailer = Nov 2, 2011 (game had been officially announced a week earlier). Released on Sept 17, 2013

So going by the last two games following almost an exact same schedule - GTA VI will be released 4th Quarter of 2015

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Chaos said:

Not to mention the GTA VI leak that's on the internet. I don't think the game will change too much from that.

After this...Rockstar Games gotta do a Midnight Club game. It's been over a decade since Midnight Club: Los Angeles. They can rip off Fast & Furious storyline and make fun of the stupidity of the series. Hell, they can test the waters by re-releasing Midnight Club 1 - 3 for PS4 / PS5.

Oh and Bully 2. I want to see Jimmy become a teacher at the Bulworth Academy.

$10 (if you own the PS4 version) for the PS5 upgrade with a brand new mode and three “lost” levels isn’t bad at all. I’ll take that all day, even if that game still looks better than some current generation stuff.

• Like 1