DVDVR Message Board

NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2014

paragon11

I think most of us were arguing against holding Warner's two Super Bowl loses against him, not saying that rings should guarantee induction.

Well holding loses against someone is stupid in general too.

Just like using Pro Bowl appearances as a reason for induction

I think most of us were arguing against holding Warner's two Super Bowl loses against him, not saying that rings should guarantee induction.

Well holding loses against someone is stupid in general too.

Just like using Pro Bowl appearances as a reason for induction

Particularly when, in Warner's case, the last time he was on the field, his team was either tied (the game against the Patriots) or had the lead (the game against the Steelers) with under two minutes left.

That I understand.  And given the electorate, it's a valid argument, since you know someone will trot out the two losses - which are as many losses that Brady and Peyton have, if we want to get douchey.  But as Rippa said, counting SB losses against someone is as stupid as wins given that it's a freaking team game.

Of course, given the electorate, the real debate at this point should be who is going to be the most worthless player of the Pats who will get in.  I can see Peter King making a debacle of Steel Curtain-era proportions with Pats in the HOF. 

Oh man, has King campaigned for Troy Brown yet?

That would require me to read King.  My guess is Bruschi will be the #1 target, followed closely by Adam Vinatieri.  Brown will probably get the 3rd spot.

Hey, HE PLAYED DEFENSIVE BACK, you know.

Of course, so did Julian Edelman, if memory serves correctly, and nobody's going to be pounding the drum for that guy to get into Canton.

Of course, so did Julian Edelman, if memory serves correctly, and nobody's going to be pounding the drum for that guy to get into Canton.

The Pats won three Super Bowls with Troy Brown!  How many have they won since he retired?

The Pats won three Super Bowls with Troy Brown!  How many have they won since he retired?

As many as they won since their videographer got turfed out recording other teams?

• Like 1

Now I'm wondering which players from those Patriots teams are legitimate Hall of Famers, and I'm having a hell of a time coming up with anyone after Brady and Wilfork. Oh, and Welker, maybe.

I would guess Vinatieri is a lock as well.

Speaking of teammates in the Hall, what are the chances of John Lynch, Warrick Dunn, Mike Alstott or Ronde Barber joining Sapp and Brooks? I think Ronde is easily first ballot.

I would say Lynch gets in but it will take a few years - not that I am an advocate, I just think he will make it.  And Barber seems like a no-brainer to me.  

I don't see the selling point on Alstott or Dunn.  If you are putting Alstott in then Tom Rathman had better already be there.  And Dunn, aside from being a decent human being, really doesn't have a lot going for him.

Now I'm wondering which players from those Patriots teams are legitimate Hall of Famers, and I'm having a hell of a time coming up with anyone after Brady and Wilfork. Oh, and Welker, maybe.

God if Vinatieri gets in before Morten Anderson, Rippa will burn Canton down.

God if Vinatieri gets in before Morten Anderson, Rippa will burn Canton down.

We all will. . . . 

I'd be surprised if anyone else from those teams goes in before Brady.  Neither Peyton nor Sir Tom have yet won a trophy without Vinatieri and the Patriots won their 3 by 3 points, including 2 with mere seconds on the clock.  Brady has no legacy without AV's leg (unless Tom had gone on to lead OT victories!!).

On top of those too I'd go Big Vince and Ty Law.  Peyton Manning was throwing a party the day Ty Law retired.

Not necessarily my picks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see campaigns for Willie McGinnest, Tedy Bruschi, and even possibly Rodney Harrison.

I'm sure we'll see campaigns for McGinnest and Bruschi and even as a Pats fan I don't think they really belong in the HOF, the Pats HOF of course but the NFL I don't think so. I'll be interested in what kind of support Matt Light gets. Dude was a really good LT and an overlooked part of the Superbowl teams, I think he deserves in before any Pat not named Tom, Adam or Vince. Ty Law would go be the fifth guy I think that could go in (and wouldn't seem outlandish).

You'll get Randy Moss also...  oh wait they didn't win in '07...  d'oh! :)

I will always think of him as a Viking anyway. . . 

I think most people do/will.

And, as such, he'll have a ridiculously long wait before he gets into Canton.

Career numbers are very similar, but peak years Moss absolutely destroys him (and damn near every other receiver ever) so if it did come down to voting for just one of them, I'd take Moss first.

But both absolutely deserve to go.