Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I read somewhere that WWE2k22 would have 70 women wrestlers in it.  Felt like that is going to be a ton especially when the game doesn't differentiate their move sets at all. 

Hopefully this is the year Bull Nakano is included. She was supposed to be in one of those games, I can’t remember which though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Casey said:

Hopefully this is the year Bull Nakano is included. She was supposed to be in one of those games, I can’t remember which though.

Who? Zero chance of Nakano being featured but this Nagato kid may be in. 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AxB said:

Would anyone be interested in playing an updated version of Promotion Wars? Because there is one. And it's free:

https://promwars.co.uk/

Thank you for posting this. I was a huge EWR fan back in the day and I dabbled with Promotion Wars a little bit but it went away pretty quick. I'm glad to see it's been resurrected. TEW is just a little too in-depth for me at this stage of my life and based off the quick video I watched on the Promotion Wars website, it seems like this will be a little easier to jump into and play.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the best WWE game from the PS3/Xbox 360 era?  Basically, I'm looking to pick up a game with Punk on the roster (his last appearance was 2K15, I think).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 12:18 AM, AxB said:

Would anyone be interested in playing an updated version of Promotion Wars? Because there is one. And it's free:

https://promwars.co.uk/

Thank you for this. Brings back memories of me and a group of friends playing it in school sixth form, trying not to get caught by teachers/librarians.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eoae said:

What's the best WWE game from the PS3/Xbox 360 era?  Basically, I'm looking to pick up a game with Punk on the roster (his last appearance was 2K15, I think).

WWE 13 by far. There's Attitude Era mode where you play matches from that famous period and by fulfilling match objectives, you get unlockables. You also play some matches before Attitude Era and after. The roster is a mix of the current roster at the time and from the Attitude Era.

WWE 13 was THQ's last WWE game and went out well. I didn't expect the enjoyment I got from it at all because the three or four games I played after Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 sucked. CM Punk's also on the cover. THQ wanted Punk on the cover while WWE didn't. Shame THQ weren't able to build on WWE 13 by going under.

I played WWE 2K14 and 2K15 and REALLY REALLY didn't like either particularly the counter system, the difficulty as well. Give me THQ over 2K Sports.

Edited by The Natural
Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE 2K14 for me. They removed many features when 2K15 came out. However newcomers might not like the arcade selling of the 2K14 game and the others in the previous series before that game.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 was okish.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I played a ton of SD vs. Raw 2011 and 2K15. I think 13 came out during the period where I checked out a bit. 2k15 took me a while to get used to the counter system but I liked. I remember some of the challenges in the NXT mode were insane to try to pull off. The Sami/Cesaro match had some challenges that were almost impossible to get.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 7:38 AM, Petey said:

Thank you for posting this. I was a huge EWR fan back in the day and I dabbled with Promotion Wars a little bit but it went away pretty quick. I'm glad to see it's been resurrected. TEW is just a little too in-depth for me at this stage of my life and based off the quick video I watched on the Promotion Wars website, it seems like this will be a little easier to jump into and play.

Journey of Wrestling is another fun GM game that’s pretty easy to jump into.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 9:06 PM, JonnyLaw said:

Journey of Wrestling is another fun GM game that’s pretty easy to jump into.

I haven’t heard of that one. Does it have real wrestlers/companies or is it like a Cornell-verse thing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 11:12 PM, Eoae said:

What's the best WWE game from the PS3/Xbox 360 era?  Basically, I'm looking to pick up a game with Punk on the roster (his last appearance was 2K15, I think).

Whichever one had the reversible cover with Orton and Bryan.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 6:18 PM, AxB said:

Would anyone be interested in playing an updated version of Promotion Wars? Because there is one. And it's free:

https://promwars.co.uk/

Awesome, loved promotion wars back in the day and played that a ton.. the 2002 one with WWE/WWA as the main companies. Definitely gonna try this, been thinking about sims lately and was looking up the latest from TNM 7. Had no idea there would be an updated Promotion Wars.

As for the WWE Games, I personally loved '12 and 2k14. 12's story mode is one of my all time favorites and 14 had a really great roster. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Awesome, loved promotion wars back in the day and played that a ton.. the 2002 one with WWE/WWA as the main companies. Definitely gonna try this, been thinking about sims lately and was looking up the latest from TNM 7. Had no idea there would be an updated Promotion Wars.

Promotion Wars is one of my favourite wrestling games ever with Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain, Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 and Fire Pro Wrestling on the GBA. Played them all a lot.

Edited by The Natural
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 9:06 PM, JonnyLaw said:

Journey of Wrestling is another fun GM game that’s pretty easy to jump into.

Yeah I’ll vouch for this as well. Pretty easy to play on your phone, and they update it pretty often. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 9:13 PM, D.Z said:

WWE 2K14 for me. They removed many features when 2K15 came out. However newcomers might not like the arcade selling of the 2K14 game and the others in the previous series before that game.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 was okish.

Hated the pin system in WWE 2K14.

On 4/17/2021 at 9:27 PM, Ramo2653 said:

I played a ton of SD vs. Raw 2011 and 2K15. I think 13 came out during the period where I checked out a bit. 2k15 took me a while to get used to the counter system but I liked. I remember some of the challenges in the NXT mode were insane to try to pull off. The Sami/Cesaro match had some challenges that were almost impossible to get.

Yeah, the difficulty was too high in Who Got NXT mode in WWE 2K15 and Defeat the Streak in WWE 2K14.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know people really want the console game but I can't wait to try GM.  I'm hoping in their announcement this month we get a release date especially since they teased big news about the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

nb: North and South America only, so far. Not in Europe yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a little bit of time with RetroMania and it's while it's fun, there are some things are a bit off. I don't remember who in this thread mentioned the movement speed being too fast but they are 100% correct. You shouldn't be able to move faster than you can run but you somehow can. A profile option (showing who the playable characters are) and move list would be nice to include (I see that the story mode is also a tutorial mode and I'll check that out soon). The grappling is simple and is fine but I don't understand the counter system.

I fired up Wrestlefest just to compare and the speed is way different. I think if you're going for a retro feel, a slower speed actually works a little better.

I'm interested in who they lock down for DLC. Didn't some Impact people have to drop out or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd mentioned the speed in the past. It's just too fast. When you go back and play Wrestlefest you can tell right off the bat.  Chris Bey, Mr. Hughes, and James Storm were going to be the initial DLC. Not sure if any of that changed. There's just not a huge replay factor in this for me at the moment. The Chikara Action Arcade moved fast but it made sense. I prefer the little I played of that game to this by far sadly. I really wanted to love this game and maybe I would have had they not went out of their way to deem it the sequel to Wrestlefest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The developer has been transparent about things and said in an email if there's questions to email him directly.  Considering he wanted to get it on all platforms I figured it's best to hold off on questions until he gets all that sorted out.  So hopefully after this he can focus on making changes and adding stuff to it.

As for the game itself I play it maybe once a week and when I do it's mainly just messing around with the battle royal.  It's so not Wrestlefest but it does have a nice bit of controlled chaos to it which I like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...