DVDVR Message Board

A Good Walk Spoiled

Dolfan in NYC

• 1 month later...

6 weeks later and COVID is still having a field day with golf

Everyone and their mother is withdrawing from The British Open... excuse me... The Open most due to COVID. The total is 16 so far

Zach Johnson is the lasted as he tested positive. Oh and his positive test came moments before he got on a flight with several other players.

Bubba Watson is out due to being a close contact with someone who is positive (Watson himself is vaccinated and was testing negative but because of the UK regulations, not enough time would pass to allow him to play)

Hideki Matsuyama is out because he is still testing positive and, despite passing PGA guidelines, probably would have tested positive in the UK and had to quarantine and thus miss the Olympics.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, The Natural said:

First day of the Ryder Cup: USA 6-2 Europe. It's now 9-3 to USA. There's still the second half to come today. I think the gap's too big.

11-5 after Day 2. It's over. It's already a twatting and it's likely to get even worse.

It became US vs England and Europe because England didn't have enough good golfers, so it became a non-event. Doing so again would be not quite as bad, but still not that great. And getting rid of England is , well not quite sacrilege but you get my point.

Besides, Adding Europe to england in the Cup happened before the EU. 

On 9/26/2021 at 6:17 AM, The Natural said:

11-5 after Day 2. It's over. It's already a twatting and it's likely to get even worse.

Things did indeed get worse. 19-9 USA victory over Europe. Dustin Johnson became the first American to win all five matches at a Ryder Cup since 1979. The margin of victory eclipses the 18½-9½ successes enjoyed by Europe in 2004 and 2006 and America's own triumph in 1981.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm glad I was right about Lefty this whole time.  

I shouldn't but I literally laughed at that quote.  It's just so patently ridiculous.  Phil really thinks he's out here doing THE LORD'S WORK to improve professional golf.  Maybe, just maybe, if you have to get in bed with human filth to improve your sport, you need to rethink your sport.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 2:40 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm glad I was right about Lefty this whole time.  

Greedy twat lacking in morals. Never liked him ever since he bad mouthed his Ryder Cup Captain and one of the most respected golfers ever, Tom Watson.

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2022 at 10:11 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

If you ever want to see what level a pro golfer is at:  

My jaw dropped at the first shot.  I audibly said "fuck you" to the second. 

I watched a video the other day of a pro golfer bombing a 300+ yard drive - into a 1-yard wide fairway.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...