DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 3/31/2018 at 8:21 PM, CSC said:

So Monsoon Classic posted all the WCW All Nighter segments and they are so good.

Here's the first and there's two more. 

I just found my video tape of the all nighter. Aside from part where the tape was chewed up that I remember, I think the whole thing is intact.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 2:06 PM, RIPPA said:

I am starting some April stuff early since I am not quite sure how much I will be on the board tomorrow plus we can see if we can break the jinx of what happens when Natural starts the threads.

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

No, I'm not going to bring up my own drunk shitting in the shower story. Not on April 1st. Maybe at the end of the month.

Great start, @RIPPA 

; )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

My favorite part of that video is One Man Kru commenting on it...and his account is One Man Kru Fan.

He really is a one-man crew. He's the wrestler and the fan. He probably also manages himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

You know those arguments where both people are sort of right, but both are also assholes, so their opinions are negated?  This is that.

And just in case there aren't enough unlikeable people in that argument, Konnan weighs in in the comments section.  Sadly, you can't throw shoes at people on Twitter.

Both guys sorta have points, but not so much that I want to back either of them.  WCW-era Disco was wayyyyy more over than WWE-era Cody Rhodes.  I wonder how many people left a show thinking about Cody between 2007 and 2016?

• Like 2

So unless Carmella cashes in on RAW tonight or tomorrow on SDL - she will be the longest holder of a MITB contract.

They (the WWE) is saying today is day 279. Edge held the contract for 280 and he is the record holder

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So unless Carmella cashes in on RAW tonight or tomorrow on SDL - she will be the longest holder of a MITB contract.

They (the WWE) is saying today is day 279. Edge held the contract for 280 and he is the record holder

Unless they want to punish her for whatever stupid transgression they come up with, there's roughly no chance of her cashing in on Raw or SDL. 

I think she cashes in on Sunday. Hide under the ring during/after the Battle Royale and attack the winner of Charlotte/Asuka.

13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Undertaker has the most brutal chair shots to the head.

Any reason I should think that's a good thing?  If I posted videos of Randy Orton waffling people like that, this thread would be 30 pages of hate by the end of the day.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Unless they want to punish her for whatever stupid transgression they come up with, there's roughly no chance of her cashing in on Raw or SDL. 

I think she cashes in on Sunday. Hide under the ring during/after the Battle Royale and attack the winner of Charlotte/Asuka.

I don't think she'll be hurt by a failed cash-in; she's a middle-of-the-pack person with or without the briefcase, and I don't mean that in a disparaging way.

Anyway, two ideas:

- Asuka beats Charlotte; Carmella appears post-match and ka-bongs her with the briefcase, and then gives it to Charlotte. Charlotte immediately cashes it in, turns heel and Carmella is her manager/lackey as she crows about ending an unconscious Asuka's streak.

- Carmella holds onto the briefcase too long because she doesn't keep track of the expiration date for cashing it in; she runs in on day 366 and ka-bongs one of the champs with the briefcase, only to be told that it's expired.

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Any reason I should think that's a good thing?  If I posted videos of Randy Orton waffling people like that, this thread would be 30 pages of hate by the end of the day.

Just thinking back on them, how times have changed for the better and as @Tromatagon said.

They could have her cash in on Alexa to avoid any of the streak nonsense. It would not make sense but they have made up MITB rules since day one. Carmella winning was doomed from the second they backed off of Ellsworth having it and was dead when he was released. Because there is no compelling story behind Carmella having it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

And just in case there aren't enough unlikeable people in that argument, Konnan weighs in in the comments section.  Sadly, you can't throw shoes at people on Twitter.

Both guys sorta have points, but not so much that I want to back either of them.  WCW-era Disco was wayyyyy more over than WWE-era Cody Rhodes.  I wonder how many people left a show thinking about Cody between 2007 and 2016?

There is nothing non-Goldust related in Cody's career as good as the saga of Disco's complicated submission hold

• Haha 1