DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Thinking about how you had to get each gun 10 times makes me sad (and I dont want to even talk about the mods)

I was thinking about it this morning in how they would change the system for a remade MP since loot boxes are verboten now

I guess it would either be having to grind for some sort of currencies and then locking things away based on level/achievement

Got through getting Liara last night

It is so weird - I can't remember specific names of planets or what exactly happens on each one but I always manage to do the same things in order.

Find Admiral Kohaku's men first then find the crazy Asari lady whose sister is on the Citadel and then grab Liara

Oh and since I finally got the Neural Shock achievement - I pretty much will be rotating through some combo of Tali, Liara, Garrus and Wrex now

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Find Admiral Kohaku's men first then find the crazy Asari lady whose sister is on the Citadel and then grab Liara.

Are you talking about Nasana Dantius?  The Asari diplomat who hires you to snuff her slave trading sister?  The one that Thane is hired to kill in ME2?

I tried to experiment to see how many levels you had to boost with the Therum laser drill XP Glitch before you could hit 60 before the end of the game, but I think I goofed.

I got myself up to 25th and am now 54th about halfway through Feros.  I am not sure if I will get enough XP to hit 60th before the end of the game because the jumps in level scale are getting pretty big.  I probably should've boosted to somewhere around 35th before going on.

Naturally I was dumb and accidentally saved over my Therum glitch save, so I will have to start fresh if I am not somewhere around 58th by the time I get to Virmire.

It doesn't bother me just messing around with the game since I am not in a hurry to finish it and the new patch for 2077 probably won't be out until the end of the month and most likely won't fix enough stuff for me to be interested in playing it before the next gen optimized version comes out.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I really just want to get to ME2

My goal is to clear up all the side shit I currently have today so I can hit Feros tomorrow

Well, you don't have to worry about hitting 60 as you will still start off at 5th level max if you are somewhere in the ballpark of 60th level and I think the resource bonus is also the same.

I would recommend selling off as much as you can before starting Ilos as the more creds you end up with in ME1, the more creds you'll start off with in ME2. 

I have heard that the ME:LE launcher checks your achievements to see if you have ever unlocked the Rich achievement for ME1 and applies the ME2 import bonus of 200K creds to your LE game, but I haven't tested it to see if that's true.

Edited by J.T.

It's not, you just get 10% of whatever your final credit number is going into ME2.  So if you have, say, $5.9M at the end of ME1, when you import you'll start ME2 with $590K.

I had maxed out at 9999999. So I got a cool million credits for ME2. I've bought everything off Omega, the Citadel, and Ilium, and I still have half of it left.

• Like 2

Yeah - I have been at maxed out credits this entire playthrough. 99% of the time my junk is being turned into omnigel

I am already Level 58 - so with all the major story points AND Bringing Down the Sky left, if I don't hit 60 the game is broken

It's funny - because of the route I took both times (which was unintentional), I forgot there was more than one set of turrets on the Moon.

Only stumbled across the other ones today when checking more mining opportunities

Making my way through ME2 now. Just finished Horizon.

Managed to kill my fish. Honestly not sure how. . .I went up to my personal quarters after every mission and every time I was there I fed the damn things, but when I went to feed them today I got the "clean out dead fish" prompt on the tank. Bleh.

On 6/5/2021 at 12:53 AM, The Man Known as Dan said:

Now that I am back to the Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer grind (And GOD it feels good), I'm back to keeping track of how many hits I need in packs to max out my all my characters, weapons, and gears. I'm looking at...

Characters: 49 Drops, 2 complete characters (N7 Paladin, Volus Protector)

Gear: 63 drops, 2 complete gears (Batarian Gauntlet, Commando Package)

Weapon Mods, 84 drops, 3 entire sets (Sniper Rifle High Velocity, Assault Rifle High Velocity, Sniper Rifle Ultralight Materials)

Weapons (oh boy): 159 Gold Drops, 188 Platinum Drops, 347 total drops (Eeesh), 7 Entire Weapon Sets (M-37 Falcon, Cerberus Harrier, M-77 Paladin, M-11 Wraith, Venom Shotgun, Javelin, Black Widow)

Total things I need: 553.

I don't know why I typed this out, it just depresses me, but screw it.

My last 2 packs I've maxed out a couple gears and, finally, pulled in the Black Widow 1, god bless. 

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer notes because this is kind of funny.

Shoutout to CePeeLe, the first ever player to break 1,000,000 Challenge Points on Xbox. He currently sits on 1,024,175 challenge points, and has gotten the following challenges done the following amount of times.

Spectre Mastery: 66 times.

Biotic Mastery: 183 times

Tech Mastery: 1,338 times

Assault Rifle Mastery: 113 times

SMG Mastery: 303 times

Reaper Mastery: 170 times.

Total Games Played: 29,872

Time Played: 8,963 hours and 36 minutes (That adds up to 373 days. They have literally played over a year of Mass Effect Multiplayer)

Total Number of Times getting Mass Effect, the all compensating Challenge: Zero. They have never finished Map Mastery. The only map they have even done 100 waves on Gold is Firebase Giant. 

10 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Total Number of Times getting Mass Effect, the all compensating Challenge: Zero. They have never finished Map Mastery. The only map they have even done 100 waves on Gold is Firebase Giant. 

Looking at his list - the most likely explanation is that he spammed the Hazard Gold version of Giant which is generally considered the "easiest" for the Hazard challenge (which is needs only 10 more waves of)

I wonder what country they are in because it isn't the US

One of the "fixes" from the new update that came out today:

Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression

Glad I started ME2 already.

Here is the full list

Spoiler

General

English spoken dialogue can now be selected separately from subtitle language

Resolved issues with unlocking some achievements/trophies, such as the Paramours or kill count trackers

Corrected pre-rendered cutscenes that were darker than intended after the previous update

Wireless headsets/devices no longer cause issues with the Xbox launcher

Improved PC performance across various hardware configurations, including on Virmire

Fixed an issue on PC where non-standard characters in the operating system’s username would prevent the game from launching

Removed the dependency on the AVX instruction set in the launcher

Other minor calibrations and fixes, including some instances of crashing

Mass Effect

Fixed an issue that prevented players from reaching the max level 

Fixed an issue where tier VII Spectre - Master Gear was inaccessible

Various collision improvements

Fixed an issue that would prevent the ability to interact with objects

Lowered audio volume on Mass Relay load screens

Improved eye animations for male characters in some scenes

Mass Effect 2

Toned down the intensity of fog on Illium

Fixed an issue where a character’s eyes at the end of the Overlord DLC were unintentionally red

Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression

Credit carryover maximum now matches carryover from the original release (Posthumous banking fees are a lot! It’s a great way to dodge taxes.)

Mass Effect 3

Resolved an issue where English dialogue no longer played during the Citadel DLC for German and Italian localizations

Fixed an issue where some key characters weren’t appearing as intended during the Citadel DLC

I feel a little less irritated by the carryover change since it goes back to what it was in the original release.

53 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

One of the "fixes" from the new update that came out today:

Glad I started ME2 already.

What a dumb "fix."  The whole point of grinding everything in ME1 is to import a Shepard into ME2 with as many lopsided advantages as possible. 

It is also a fix that is prejudiced against console owners.  PC owners should still be able to bring up the in-game console and give themselves whatever they want like all of the HK Shadow Works gear.

Edited by J.T.

Nerf the credits to fix ME2's "early game imbalance".

ME3's early game imbalance is ok though because it's just powers.

Not bitching about importing a maxed ME2 character to ME3 breaks the fucking game even with level scaling, because it's supposed to be that way, but why are we fucking with "balancing" with a graphical upgrade to a 14 year old game?

• Like 2