DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL GREATEST OF ALL TIME COMMENTS

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Other than probably being terrible, I hope that mine was pretty straight forward.

We shall see....

I have been avoiding entering @J.T. which is probably a mistake on my part.

I really whiffed on getting the list I wanted to have ready because current events killed my interest in even turning on a TV unless it was the baby channel for my daughter. I filled a few blind spots, but it's a lot of newer (as in last 20-30 years) films than I suspected I'd have. There are a lot of great golden age films I haven't watched since high school and I just couldn't place without a rewatch. There's also things I love that I just totally forgot about when throwing together the list (my apologies to Bergman for forgetting about Fanny and Alexander until I was in the middle of writing this post.) 

28 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I really whiffed on getting the list I wanted to have ready because current events killed my interest in even turning on a TV unless it was the baby channel for my daughter. I filled a few blind spots, but it's a lot of newer (as in last 20-30 years) films than I suspected I'd have. There are a lot of great golden age films I haven't watched since high school and I just couldn't place without a rewatch. There's also things I love that I just totally forgot about when throwing together the list (my apologies to Bergman for forgetting about Fanny and Alexander until I was in the middle of writing this post.) 

Aw, damn...there's one I forgot, too, I think.

1 minute ago, Mike Zeidler said:

The big thing holding me back from putting together a list is trying to figure out is Speed Racer should be #1 or #2

Make a fist and the submit a list

Just to update y'all on my timeline.

My goal is to finish entering and start the countdown on Monday or Tuesday

Of course - this will depend on how many more ballots I get AND how much of stupid wrestling distracts me on Sat and Sun

I have been been more conscious of checking for errors and things as I go along this time but I will put out a 24 last call which is when I make sure I didn't list a movie 4 times. (And that my formulas are correct)

• Like 1

Just a couple quick thoughts. One, I know I could look over my ballot and likely pick apart "well maybe X should be higher than Y" because I learned that lesson a lot on the music polls, but I have found with the last couple of these I did that I am no less happy throwing one together relatively quickly and following my gut feeling. If I over analyze it, the list never really becomes any more "right" (or "wrong" for that matter) to me so I might as well take the path of less stress.

Two, having said that, I really hope my #100 has some other support because it's a brilliant and unique film and people deserve to know about it, and I'll be sad if it no shows the final list.

One hundred films all time sounds like a lot but when you really break it down goddamn I left a lot of really good movies off in favor of "things I enjoy, screw you".

• Like 1