DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

No love for the show finally getting around to pointing out the hitch in the Prince That Was Promised prophecy with Missandei standing in for Maester Aemon?

Talk about footnotes and shotgun plotlines..

Oh god that was the worst. You could tell it was a moment where the writers were like "This is going to sound really fucking lame, so let's just lean into the lameness and have Tyrion comment on it."

• Like 1

What's funny is that I understood it was sarcasm and was agreeing with you, but now I can't understand if you're being sarcastic about me understanding it was sarcasm.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

What's funny is that I understood it was sarcasm and was agreeing with you, but now I can't understand if you're being sarcastic about me understanding it was sarcasm.

I am not being sarcastic about you understanding that I was being sarcastic. 

I was being sincere about my appreciation of your appreciation of my sarcasm.

Now I have a headache.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

No love for the show finally getting around to pointing out the hitch in the Prince That Was Promised prophecy with Missandei standing in for Maester Aemon?

Talk about footnotes and shotgun plotlines..

It was as if they resented being obligated to include that piece of book content and passive-aggressively decided to introduce in the most jarring, discordant, and make-it-look-like-pandering way possible.

I fell for the content swerve.

I saw the TV-MA Nudity and Strong Sexual Content warning and then Candice Van Houten's name was in the credits and I was like okay who is Melisandre banging this week and then it is Missandei booty that shows up on my television and I knew that if Grey Worm didn't get naked too, my beloved female domestic partner was going to throw a skillet at me.

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

True, but he's not Ned's son and thus falls WAY back to any line of succession. Mind you, this talk is getting too far into the weeds... but fuckface Littlefinger turning Sansa against Jon just needs a small push.  

Does it really matter at this point?  Jon was essentially elected King of the North because of defeating the Boltons and avenging the Red Wedding (although Arya did a far better job of that in one shot).   

Although all bets are off if they discover Jon's half-Targaryen, regardless of if he's half-Stark.  

17 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Although all bets are off if they discover Jon's half-Targaryen, regardless of if he's half-Stark.  

All bets are off if Dany finds out that he's half-Targaryen because that makes Jon just as much of a threat to her rule as being an honorable man and King of the North makes him an attractive ally.

Jon may want to watch himself if Dany suggests that he should be crowned.

If Varys does betray her, I hope he has a good reason, like she's losing her mind like her father. What other reason would he have? As long as she doesn't become The Mad Queen, she's the realm's best bet.

Wasn't Jon burned in the first season while he was fighting the wight that tried to kill Jeor Mormont?

30 minutes ago, Throat said:

Wasn't Jon burned in the first season while he was fighting the wight that tried to kill Jeor Mormont?

Granny: Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?

George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

Dany is immune to the fire from her dragons; not to fire in general.  

If Dany's dragons breathe on Jon, he will probably be burned to a crisp because he is not a pure Targaryen and more importantly, he is not bonded to the dragons... 

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Dany is immune to the fire from her dragons; not to fire in general.  

If Dany's dragons breathe on Jon, he will probably be burned to a crisp because he is not a pure Targaryen and more importantly, he is not bonded to the dragons... 

She was immune to the fire she started when she killed all of the Khals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyWhioux said:

It's never mattered. 

Remember Varys' riddle.

The biggest army/largest coin purse/most loyal followers is always first in the line of succession.

Pretty much this. Renly jumped the succession line and amassed the biggest army simply b/c people thought he'd make a better king than Stannis. He had no "legal" right to the crown b/c he was younger than Stannis.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

All bets are off if Dany finds out that he's half-Targaryen because that makes Jon just as much of a threat to her rule as being an honorable man and King of the North makes him an attractive ally.

Jon may want to watch himself if Dany suggests that he should be crowned.

Jon being a Targaryen will just make Dany jump his bones by instinct.

They better have more than one giant crossbow. I can only imagine how hard I'm going to laugh when they fire off the one and only giant crossbow bolt at a dragon and it whiffs miserably.

As for Jon, who knows. Maybe he's like Beric and the Lord of the Light keeps bringing him back as well.

And I doubt Varys betrays Dany. Varys isn't stupid. More than likely, once Dany wins, if she wins, Varys will go off on his own again doing spy like shit here and there.

The dude said they had people working on them, so imagine they'll have a billion of them sitting somewhere ready to go. They seem to be great at stockpiling weapons of mass destruction.

I don't think Varys betrays her, but I garauntee we have that moment where he goes "Remember when I promised I'd tell you when you were fucking up? It's right now."

That's like a wife or girlfriend saying, "let me know when I'm acting like a shithead." That shit NEVER goes well, unless you're with an open minded person. Dany strikes me as someone where it takes quite a bit of nudging to change direction.

Seems like Olenna's pushing her to get on with it, consequences be damned. Hurry up and burn everything! She ain't gettin' any younger! Maybe don't take strategy advice from a septuagenarian with nothing left to lose.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2017 at 4:40 AM, BobbyWhioux said:

Dagger Girl (a.k.a. Bad Pussy Girl) and Indria Varma are still alive.  Whip Girl and Spear Girl are dead.  Euron beat them with their own finishers and left them hanging from/nailed to the prow.

If only the one had called her whale friend ...

Favorite thing this week was probably littlefinger's smirk when Jon put Sansa in charge.  And Diana Rigg.