DVDVR Message Board

MARCH MADNESS 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Monmouth beat UCLA, USC, Georgetown AND Notre Dame and it all came to nothing. Seriously, why even put together a schedule like that if you don't get rewarded for doing what you had to do?

• Like 2

Monmouth beat UCLA, USC, Georgetown AND Notre Dame and it all came to nothing. Seriously, why even put together a schedule like that if you don't get rewarded for doing what you had to do?

Preach on Pete!!! Total bullshit from the NCAA.

So, they set put Texas A&M as a 3 seed, because they wanted them vs. Texas and Oklahoma, and they put Indiana at a 5 in spite of them winning the Big 10 by 2 games because they wanted them vs. Kentucky in round 2.

Any "well they don't put teams at different seeds for matchups" argument they have to me is now bullshit.  

Everyone keeps saying that the main reason Monmouth didn't make it was because they had 2 losses to horrible teams.  I mean bottom 15% horrible teams.  Since the tourny is made up of top 68 (or about 63 of them) why is this relevant?   I mean plenty of teams who made the tournament lost to teams in November and December that didn't count as NCAA teams.  

Everyone keeps saying that the main reason Monmouth didn't make it was because they had 2 losses to horrible teams. I mean bottom 15% horrible teams. Since the tourny is made up of top 68 (or about 63 of them) why is this relevant? I mean plenty of teams who made the tournament lost to teams in November and December that didn't count as NCAA teams.

To that I say: Syracuse lost to St Johns, who were possibly the worst team in the history of the Big East, who lost at home to a D3 team and who got slaughtered at home by Incarnate Word.

A Villanova vs. Temple second round matchup will be absolutely glorious and make for one of the most fun nights in Philly sports history depending on what bar you pick.

I'm all in on The Hall. I grew up just a few miles from the campus in The Oranges. I was an obsessive fan when I was a kid and went to almost every home game Terry Dehere's senior year. I would have gone to Seton for college if I chose to stay home.