DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I concur. How long has TE have anyone that came out of it worth a shit? The Miz was the last one I believe. Sure ODB and Morrison made out okay at the end (though they were both eliminated), but I can't think of anyone else post the first second.

If you only count people, who were new to the business, when they took part in Tough Enough I would say Ivelisse Vélez.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read up on her. She was wrestling for a long time before participating in TE. I had no idea,

Could Nakamura work as Miz's ass kicking friend. Miz can still play the cowardly heel who can talk shit and then Nakamura comes in and beats the fuck out of whoever the Miz pissed off. Miz can be Nakamura's mouthpiece until Naka's good with basic English. Then eventually Naka turns on Miz, and since he can talk, Naka could keep himself over since he has everything Alex Riley doesn't and can naturally be over in a way Sandow never really was

• Like 1

I concur. How long has TE have anyone that came out of it worth a shit? The Miz was the last one I believe. Sure ODB and Morrison made out okay at the end (though they were both eliminated), but I can't think of anyone else post the first second.  I hope these two girls work out as NXT is fucking STACKED as shit down there with the female talent. WWE can easily afford to cut 3-5 women and not even feel it.

Morrison actually won Tough Enough. He's by far the best Tough Enough guy. It's kind of hard to count Miz's season since it was basically the male Diva Search that year (and took place on SmackDown). 

I think we had this discussion earlier and from the winners the only good ones were (in order):

Morrison, Nidia, Maven

Incomplete

Cappoletti who gets an incomplete because he could've been good but health issues came into play and we'll never know how that turned out

Josh / Sara Lee because we have no clue what they can or will do

Horrible (from not the absolute worst to the absolute worst)

Jackie Gayda - Had probably the worst TV match besides Rosie vs.Trump, but still spent a lot of time on TV and got to meet her future husband so she wasn't bad but she was nowhere near good

Linda Miles - She was an interesting dominatrix with the Bashams

Daniel Puder - Had that bit with Angle and then got his ass kicked in the Royal Rumble...that's about it

Andy - Never made it

The Florida crowds need to realize that along with the perks of being homebase for WWE developmental, the also get the "downside" of having to witness said developmental talent, develop.

You have no idea just how bad it can get. I remember when NXT was FCW and that had that fucking barnyard in Tampa. Sampson is not that bad compared to some of those guys. We are talking early NXT sans Daniel Bryan and Low Ki terrible. You think Alex Riley is bad now...

Shit. Philly AND Asbury are both doable. Philly's on a Thursday night. Might make it easier to get tix that will no doubt sell-out in three minutes. My best buds from home are all angling for Asbury on Friday. Bigger venue and a nice day trip from my house. Damn. This is going to be fun.

I hope you got tickets up top. I went to a TNA show there and the ring is on a stage. Not a good view from ground level. The atmosphere was great though even for a TNA show. It was like a mix of a house show and show time at the apollo.

Could Nakamura work as Miz's ass kicking friend. Miz can still play the cowardly heel who can talk shit and then Nakamura comes in and beats the fuck out of whoever the Miz pissed off. Miz can be Nakamura's mouthpiece until Naka's good with basic English. Then eventually Naka turns on Miz, and since he can talk, Naka could keep himself over since he has everything Alex Riley doesn't and can naturally be over in a way Sandow never really was

Nothing says "midcard for life" like getting paired up with Miz.

• Like 1

I'm trying to think of Miz partners over the years, and Riley is the only one that jumps out as an abject failure.

Bryan - Future main eventer

Big Show - Future main eventer (for better or worse)

Morrison - Future main eventer (in Lucha Underground)

Mizdow - Midcard was actually a big step up

Not that I really want that for Nakamura, but it's not pure death or anything.

I'm trying to think of Miz partners over the years, and Riley is the only one that jumps out as an abject failure.

Bryan - Future main eventer

Big Show - Future main eventer (for better or worse)

Morrison - Future main eventer (in Lucha Underground)

Mizdow - Midcard was actually a big step up

Not that I really want that for Nakamura, but it's not pure death or anything.

Yeah, I really don't see the hate for Miz; he knows his role and never half-asses it. He also constantly tweaks his character so things don't become too stale.

If anything, Miz plays it too well and gives too much sometimes (looking at you Riley).

Looks like Bull Dempsey is gone

Bull DempseyVerified account

‏@BullDempseyWWE
It's been real @WWENXT. Amazing group of coaches & coworkers & a helluva boss. Thank you for the opportunity @TripleH. See ya down the road!

I am wondering if he asked for his release or if he was let go.

Being a Friday... I could see a blood-letting

(Though I have a feeling he asked for his release)

Feel sorry for Bull, but it feels like he went as far as he could go. I've never been sure why Lefort or Louis lasted as long as they did. They had even less things going for them than Bull.

Is this just an NXT blood letting?