DVDVR Message Board

2016 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

Strange. Colt Cabana has said for years that wrestlers are considered performance artists and no longer need visas.

Quick Google search suggests that that's true for an American travelling to Canada, but not a Canadian travelling to America.  See here and here.

I always liked the Carnage Crew. That was the stretch in RoH that there shows would literally have every type of wrestling on it. You'd have a fun spot fest, you'd have a mat based match, you'd have a wild brawl, and etc. The Crew weren't amazing, but they had some fun stuff, and there feud with Special K gets overlooked for being pretty cleverly booked.

• Like 4

I did like the "shit in the bag" reveal, after the cage match they had with Special K, teaming with Dusty Rhodes; Dusty's mugging to the camera, "Da'th thhit, baby!" is a hit every time.

• 2 weeks later...

Never has the defense "I totally slapped her butt, and she shoved me away and told me not to do it, but in like, a joking way that meant she was totally cool with it" ever been true. Doesn't matter if Delirious is sleeping with her, dude should've been fired and should've kept his mouth shut because what he did was wrong. 

• Like 1

If my boss fired me for getting fresh with his sidepiece, I'd elect to go with the nuclear option, too.  You have no moral high ground when you're fucking around on somebody. 

Obvious disclaimer: this ref could be full of shit.  But if not, nobody in this situation looks good.

• Like 1

If my boss fired me for getting fresh with his sidepiece, I'd elect to go with the nuclear option, too.  You have no moral high ground when you're fucking around on somebody. 

Obvious disclaimer: this ref could be full of shit.  But if not, nobody in this situation looks good.

There is a difference between "getting fresh" and clear unwanted sexual advances. If a boss fires you for flirting, I guess I see a grievance. This dude sexually harassed a woman. It doesn't matter who she was allegedly sleeping with. 

• Like 2

You're correct, that was poorly worded.  Who she's sleeping with absolutely matters, though.  Did Delirious fire him because of his own relationship with Leon?  Would the punishment been as severe had the victim been another female worker?  Delirious' alleged relationship muddies the waters and this is why you don't carry on a relationship with subordinates.  Christ, I learned that shit on day 1 sexual harassment training (I'm a manager at my company).  Even if nothing improper is going on, it looks bad for so many reasons.  Not the least of which is the appearance, right or wrong, that the subordinate has to carry on the affair because their job is on the line.

That's the business-side argument.  Morally speaking, all job stuff aside, Delirious has no right to take the high ground with regard to respecting women when he's disrespecting the one who he's in a existing relationship with.

Again, that's if, and a very big IF, this is even true.

If my behavior had been so above the board and without fault, my reaction to a text asking if I'd "messed up," isn't to agree and ask how I can fix it. I'd be wondering what the hell the other party was talking about. Red flags abound in this dude's story.

Naming Mandy Leon specifically is a real dick move as well.

I was super delighted to see Rush/Kincaid on TV.  Kincaid had some awesome moves, but damn does he have a death wish with that suicide dive/cutter combination.  Lio's been around MCW a ton so I'm really glad he not only won but looked like he belonged in there.

• Like 1

As was the Lio Rush/Jason Kincaid top prospect tourney match. It was the best match in the first round by far.

Although Rush won, the match was a showcase for Kincaid. Everything about the guy is unique: From the way he looks, the way he moves in the ring, and his move set.

I'd seen Rush in CZW a few days before this and he was pretty impressive but I definitely agree on Kincaid looking better here.  At first I thought he looked like some indy guy trying to ape the Wyatt's look and figured he wouldn't be anything special, but then out of nowhere he starts doing a bunch of impressive stuff.  Hopefully he sticks around.