DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Yeah, its the Aspartame in it. It's actually healthier to drink regular soda than diet or the Coke Zero/Pepsi Max/off brand zero stuff. Personally I loved it when Pepsi came back with original formula Pepsi made with actual sugar. At least the body can break that down. Or if you're lucky here in NYC or else where and you can find class bottle coke with Hencho eh Mexico on it cause that has the original formula coke made with Sugar.

Anyway yeah DDP is DDP all the time. I admire what DDP Yoga has apparently done for some people. Some wounded vets who can now walk, some massively overweight guys are thin, Jake and Scott Hall. I think the fact that those two guys are seemingly alive because of it proves it must work on some level.

DDP Yoga changed my life. I still do it from time to time, but it got me to feel confident about doing physical things. Because of DDP Yoga I started running. Because I ran a few 5ks and realized that I can challenge myself, I started Crossfit. I've been doing the Crossfit thing for two years and feel physically better than I've ever felt. 

Does he say wacky shit? Sure. 

Is Diet Soda bad for you? Yes. 

Hanging onto the wacky shit he says and using it as an excuse to discredit a program that is working for a lot of people is just stupid. 

• Like 8

I know we stray from political discussions here, and with great reason. But I'm bringing this up to NOT DEBATE POLITICS but as "wrestling-as-culture" crossed with political science discussion.

Bernie Sanders, fueled by a groundswell of populist support and power-of-the-people, has gained in the polls to the point where he could very well win both early primaries.

Should we have seen this coming as wrestling fans who witnessed Daniel Bryan and the YES! Movement?

• Like 1

I think this sort of thing is more likely in today's era of the Internet and social media giving everyone a voice, for better or for worse.  Most of the lefties I know are Bernie supporters rather than Hillary supporters.

There's definitely that part of the appeal. My Facebook/Twitter feed is filled with constant Bernie stuff. Sorta like how if you're a wrestling geek your social media would be filled with all sorts of Daniel Bryan things.

Bryan was also a lefty populist in a lot of what he would say, especially in the off-camera promos he'd talk about and in interviews. There was also the Occupy Raw thing.

The YES! Movement was the most over thing of the decade. Sanders obviously might not win the nomination but I would think he's having a breakout cultural moment, to say the least.

I know we stray from political discussions here, and with great reason. But I'm bringing this up to NOT DEBATE POLITICS but as "wrestling-as-culture" crossed with political science discussion.

Bernie Sanders, fueled by a groundswell of populist support and power-of-the-people, has gained in the polls to the point where he could very well win both early primaries.

Should we have seen this coming as wrestling fans who witnessed Daniel Bryan and the YES! Movement?

Does this mean Bernie is going to die in office a month after inauguration? If he wins, someone please make sure he wears his coat to the inauguration.  

• Like 4

I wasn't being a dick. If we're drawing similarities to YES Movement and Bernie Sanders, the logical ending would be Bernie dying or getting impeached right after he got elected. No where did I imply I was happy about any of that. It was just a couple of references to tie into the discussion started by Greggulator. 

IF anybody's happy about another human being getting/being injured, then they're a dick.

But in this case, I think you're reading too much into it, man.

....Did I just defend Stro?

• Like 2

This thread needs stro and Patrick being pissy at one another over politics like I need my dick sawed off. For fuck's sake, Gregg.

Does anyone know if RVD is still under contract? Should we expect him to show up as a Jericho-esque "surprise, it's this fucking guy again" during the Rumble?

• Like 3

It does seem like you and a couple of other posters take every opportunity to rip on Bryan's recent injury troubles whenever his name comes up.

I've never ripped on Bryan for his injury troubles. I have ripped on him for coming back from neck and shoulder injuries and not changing his style at all that caused them (in fact wrestling a more reckless style to make up for not being as fast or able to do what he was doing before), causing more injuries that didn't need to happen. It was pretty clear based on his performances that he wasn't ready to come back in the first place and shouldn't have been allowed back in the ring if he wasn't going to protect himself. I'm in support of him not being allowed to wrestle, because he's a danger to himself and I don't want to see a guy I've followed for 15 years end up like Benoit/Angle/Dynamite. 

If you read my posts about Bryan, they're about his fans being touchy and annoying. Perhaps you're mixing up my distaste of Balor and Rollins for hating Daniel Bryan.

Ahem

There's a cultural discussion to be had here. Daniel Bryan and Bernie Sanders represent the same cultural phenomena, rebelling against the "establishment" in favor of an underdog who lacks all of the "traditional" qualities needed to have success in their fields. Let's ignore politics and have that discussion. We shouldn't shy away from discussing political figures because we fear discussing "politics." We can discuss the people involved and how they relate to wrestling and its culture. 

• Like 1

I'd rather talk about who I'd rather see as a Rumble surprise rather than RVD.

Scott Hall's looking like he's slowly getting into better shape on Twitter. I'd rather him come out in a shirt and throw a tooth pick at someone than RVD.

Ahem

There's a cultural discussion to be had here. Daniel Bryan and Bernie Sanders represent the same cultural phenomena, rebelling against the "establishment" in favor of an underdog who lacks all of the "traditional" qualities needed to have success in their fields. Let's ignore politics and have that discussion. We shouldn't shy away from discussing political figures because we fear discussing "politics." We can discuss the people involved and how they relate to wrestling and its culture. 

With both of them, people would rather stubbornly cling to their side and shout the other side down than have a discussion?