DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

I haven't done anything with settlements yet, save for building up Sanctuary at the beginning and building a recruitment beacon/generator after I cleared out some Co-op place. I'm only at Level 11, so I'm guessing I'm going to end up doing it sometime. Might delve into it this weekend. . .might help me level up a little bit.

My biggest source of income is drugs

I have failed my parents

You're not alone :(

I love the settlements and feel inspired to do something with them every time I see someone on reddit post this ridiculously awesome build they pulled. Then I try to make a simple house in the actual game and find myself incredibly discourage.

Also do companions count as settlers in the places you have them wait in a settlement? I ask because for some reason when switching out companions the Castle & Sanctuary are both blocked out, and I can't figure out why except for them maybe being full via the extra companions.

Any water production over what the settlers need will generate purified water in your workshop. Fill the river with industrial purifiers, get tons of water, use it to barter, own the wasteland.

This.. Also, I have a protectron that serves me ice cold beer at Sanctuary now, so I've gone into the beverage industry.

I.....I have been playing this game all wrong...

Does it only bring you one at a time? That's no good. We all know "2 beer" is the way to go.

• Like 1

I have so many settlements and supply lines going, I'm like a gun toting Santa Claus. Seriously, it's obnoxious. I got in way over my head BUT I did discover that I can buy copper/ceramics/etc. in bulk from the merchants in Diamond City when I find myself in a pinch.

Any water production over what the settlers need will generate purified water in your workshop. Fill the river with industrial purifiers, get tons of water, use it to barter, own the wasteland.

This.. Also, I have a protectron that serves me ice cold beer at Sanctuary now, so I've gone into the beverage industry.

I.....I have been playing this game all wrong...

Does it only bring you one at a time? That's no good. We all know "2 beer" is the way to go.

It takes 2 beer kinda liberally, like somebody we both know.  Gives me 40 at a time.

• Like 2

Well I found that you can still fail a speech check even having Charisma pushed to "12"

Stupid old man Brandis

EDIT - AH-HA! Figured it out

Apparently being in Power Armor negates Agatha's Dress

I tried messing with the town building stuff, but it feels like such a waste of time. I also don't know when it would be a good time to dive into that stuff, if Sanctuary is where I should make my deep dive, if it should be somewhere else, etc.

I'm level 14 now, just running errands for the Brotherhood and for the Minutemen. It then occurred to me while I was playing that I may be spoiling later story stuff by exploring so much. I've discovered a lot of locations not tied to any quests at the moment, and a couple times, I took a quest and it was already completed.

So I mean, at this point, should I just head to Diamond City? It sounds like there's tons of quests in there so maybe that's when the game really opens up.

Codsworth is so useful though, except when he blows my cover.

It got to the point where I tell him to stay every time we go into a building so I can do my sneak thing. And then when I get attacked by a horde of ghouls, I turn around looking for Codsworth, wondering why he isn't helping. Such is the life of Codsworth. Never truly appreciated.

Did the Silver Shroud quest yesterday. So much fun, I wish more of the quests had that kind of depth..

Also used Codsworth for the first time last night. He is terrible for stealth, but I love the way he carves up ferals.

Just made it to Diamond City myself. Tried to do the BoS quest with finding the Recon Party and ran into Super Mutants that were 10 and 20 levels above me, which ended badly. Same thing when I tried to go clear out some trailer park and had a Glowing One stomp the hell out of me. Maybe I need to upgrade my armor at some point.

As far as companions, is it one plus Dogmeat, or if you're rolling with Dogmeat can you not have another companion?

I tried messing with the town building stuff, but it feels like such a waste of time. I also don't know when it would be a good time to dive into that stuff, if Sanctuary is where I should make my deep dive, if it should be somewhere else, etc.

If nothing else the settlement building is good for some easy XP

I took the water thing to the extreme at Sanctuary.  I only had 3 or 4 big purifiers there before, so last night I filled the river with the damn things.  I'm now getting well over 800 bottles of purified water every couple days, and getting 13 caps apiece.  Suddenly stuff doesn't look very expensive at the merchants.

In completely unrelated news, the next settler that gets kidnapped from Abernathy Farms is getting a shotgun in the face.  

• Like 1

Took back the castle today. I was honestly expecting worse. Started building things up there a bit, since I figure it will be my exploration hub for the near future. Level 19 now, I think. I should probably at least consider another story mission at some point. Valentine has been waiting for me at his office for weeks of game time!

Pumping points into charisma. Didn't realize going in that supply lines would be so useful.

My apartment is a freaking wreck. I think the carpet in my bedroom is beyond vacuuming at this point and probably just needs to be burned.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at computer-generated characters on my XBox One and going "I will not have you living in that! You are getting a new shelter, mister, stat, with a nice bed and a nice chair and a dresser!"

• Like 2

Funnily enough - I finally took back the Castle tonight too. Of course - I am Level 35... so I might have been a little overpowered.

Of course it helped that the Queen got stuck on a wall.

I am having a problem with companions disappearing. Preston vanished as soon as I took back the Castle as he isn't there but he didn't go back to Sanctuary.

And Strong is gone too - I send him to the Truck Stop by himself to make it easy to find but I went there today and he was gone and the counter said 0 people lived there

Funnily enough - I finally took back the Castle tonight too. Of course - I am Level 35... so I might have been a little overpowered.

Of course it helped that the Queen got stuck on a wall.

I am having a problem with companions disappearing. Preston vanished as soon as I took back the Castle as he isn't there but he didn't go back to Sanctuary.

And Strong is gone too - I send him to the Truck Stop by himself to make it easy to find but I went there today and he was gone and the counter said 0 people lived there

I had the same issue with Preston, but he did turn back up in Sanctuary. At that point, I had a quest that needed to be turned in to him, though.