DVDVR Message Board

TNA Bound for Glory 2015

Thought this was a very enjoyable show with good matches top to bottom. Ultimate X was a fun little spotfest opener with the guys doing some crazy stuff like Tigre's 450 to the floor and Everett's springboard 630. Helms appearing was random, wonder if it leads anywhere. Gauntlet for the Gold was super fun, loved it. Fun little surprises with Snow & Dreamer. Tyrus winning was interesting with the setup after vs EC3. Tag title match was good stuff as was Roode/Lashley, both real solid. Gail/Kong was good and stood out as different from the rest. Angle/Young was strange with the match being called off but not really then just continuing randomly. Liked the big fight feel for the main. Thought EC3 might retain somehow but a cool moment for Matt. Hope to see Drew as champ in the future but happy for Matt to get his moment and world title run. Good show IMO. Hope new tapings are announced as I'm looking forward to more after this show.

Results:

*Tigre Uno def. Andrew Everett, DJ Z, & Manik (8:46) in Ultimate X to retain the X Division Championship. After the match, Gregory Helms came to the ring and shook Tigre's hand.

*Tyrus won the Gauntlet for the Gold to become #1 contender (24:44) last eliminating Mr. Anderson. Match also included Jessie Godderz, Robbie E, Al Snow, Tommy Dreamer, Mahabali Shera, Abyss, The Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Aiden O'Shea, & Chris Melendez

*The Wolves def. Brian Myers & Trevor Lee (13:59) when Edwards pinned Lee after Davey's superplex in to brainbuster to retain the tag team championships

*Bobby Roode def. Lashley (14:18) after the Roode Bomb to retain the King of the Mountain championship

*Billy Corgan introduced 2015 TNA Hall of Famer Earl Hebner

*Gail Kim def. Awesome Kong (10:09) with a small package to retain the knockouts championship

*Kurt Angle def. Eric Young (12:54) via ankle lock submission

*Matt Hardy def. Ethan Carter III & Drew Galloway (20:12) after the Twist of Fate on Galloway, to become the new TNA Worlds Heavyweight Champion

• Like 2

Pretty sad show to watch. They went for a TNA Greatest Hits theme and you kinda got the 65 year old rockers who can kinda play, and some that can't. Kong-Kim was depressing, while the X Title and Tag Title matches at least had some life to them. Everett should get triple pay for taking that stupid bump off the X in this era of TNA. Roode vs. Lashley was technically good, but impossible to care about. EY-Angle was just a clusterfuck. The World title match was an absolute farce too and really didn't help anyone - even if Matt's celebration at the end was good and Big John's backstage bump was hilarious.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/10/tna-bound-for-glory-2015.html

Screens -
0bf905439352577.jpg

963423439352585.jpg

a1cc85439352601.jpg

fbcfd3439352616.jpg

649398439352690.jpg

b192ab439352707.jpg

9e8864439352725.jpg

2e473c439352732.jpg

273bf2439352740.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/5d6928w4sadag6aw76gk253g7wr1v1r1

Give credit to Gail Kim for carrying that match with Kong.  What happened to Kong?  She looked so deteriorated and slow, the match was pretty much at half speed.

I believe she's been working with a back injury for several months now.  No idea why she hasn't gotten it fixed.

Give credit to Gail Kim for carrying that match with Kong.  What happened to Kong?  She looked so deteriorated and slow, the match was pretty much at half speed.

I believe she's been working with a back injury for several months now.  No idea why she hasn't gotten it fixed.

I'm guessing she can't afford it or the time off.

It's been her entire TNA run. She was talking about it BEFORE she returned.

I would've thought she was in WWE long enough to get a little money squirreled away.

Anyway, if this is truly the last live TNA PPV, then it sounds like it was a fitting end.  (Going by the Meltzer and Bryan & Vinny reviews, that is.)

I thought Gail/Kong was good given the state that Kong's back is in now. Liked that they went for some new stuff when they could have just as easily coasted. And I have to hand it to Gail. If any woman could just chill out and go on cruise control, it's her, but she continues to go out there and give 100%. It's a shame WWE squandered her as she would have been aces with the Revolution.

963423439352585.jpg
Kids, this Halloween, be safe out there.  If you're approached by a stranger, even if you've got a dislocated shoulder, get away and tell an adult you trust.

BEN!, on 02 Oct 2015 - 6:33 PM, said:
I had no idea Matt Hardy was in the main event of BFG.  I knew Jeff Hardy was special ref.  I just thought it was a one on one match between EC3 and Galloway.  Not that I think that's a money match or anything (because TNA) but at least there would probably be a clean finish and Galloway as champ could at least be a pretend fresh start for this dead-ass company.  Now I just figure they're going to get too cute and do something stupid like have Matt win by pinning Galloway so they can keep EC3's fake undefeated streak going.

I'd say I'm disappointed in TNA but I expect this from them.

I get wanting a Hardy to get a big win on the PPV in North Carolina.  Should've had him win the battle royal.  Then he could've actually earned a title shot instead of just sneaking into another one.

EC3's rematch will probably be another 3-way with Tyrus eating the pin so they can keep pretending that EC3 is undefeated for whatever reason.

TNA really needs a spark of some kind and putting the WHC on another guy over 40 probably isn't it.  I'll give the Carolina clique this, unlike Bully, they've at least gotten a couple of guys some shine that deserve it like Everett and Lee.

I was surprised but they were treating this as the end of EC3's streak despite him not being pinned. Josh said something like "The end of 714!" after. Of course they could just have him keep claiming the streak since he wasn't pinned.