DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2015 ANIMATED GIFS

The Natural

GoodCalmAnnashummingbird.gif

JR casually miming "drop this schmuck on his head" to Doc is still one of my favorite things ever in wrestling.

This is just so god damn satisfying to watch. That prick got what he deserved.

I do miss Steve Williams.

Yeah, because one guy having a problem with another guy makes it ok for someone to nearly kill him on tv.

You're making a large assumption there that Ed Ferrara is, in fact, human.

And by your people's logic it probably should have been Vince having that happen to him since he is ultimately responsible for what goes on during his show and he has humilited JR way more than Ed ever did and to a significantly larger audience since, last I recall, a whole lot less people were watching WCW when all that crappy JR stuff happened in WCW. Heck, I'll specualte the idea of making fun of JR's problem was probably Vince's idea in the first place and Ed saw that it bothered him. When Ed and JR's professional relationship dissolved, he probably remembered how much that bothered him, and now that he had a platform to say FU to the guy, that's how he went about doing it.

I'm totally fine with Cornette or JR physically trying to beat the hell out of the guy for what he did, but it doesn't warrant a Droz or worse situation. People are assholes. This is not new and not a good reason to try and kill someone.

JR casually miming "drop this schmuck on his head" to Doc is still one of my favorite things ever in wrestling.

Yeah, because one guy having a problem with another guy makes it ok for someone to nearly kill him on tv.

And by your people's logic it probably should have been Vince having that happen to him since he is ultimately responsible for what goes on during his show and he has humilited JR way more than Ed ever did and to a significantly larger audience since, last I recall, a whole lot less people were watching WCW when all that crappy JR stuff happened in WCW. Heck, I'll specualte the idea of making fun of JR's problem was probably Vince's idea in the first place and Ed saw that it bothered him. When Ed and JR's professional relationship dissolved, he probably remembered how much that bothered him, and now that he had a platform to say FU to the guy, that's how he went about doing it.

I'm totally fine with Cornette or JR physically trying to beat the hell out of the guy for what he did, but it doesn't warrant a Droz or worse situation. People are assholes. This is not new and not a good reason to try and kill someone.

You do realize that, using your own logic, Vince let Ferrera know that this was coming. Ferrera also knew who was going to be doing it. Also, that wasn't Ziggler or Miz out there with "Big Ed." That was Steve Williams. If Dr. Death wanted to legit cripple Ed Ferrera, he would have. He didn't.

End of line.

You do realize that, using your own logic, Vince let Ferrera know that this was coming. Ferrera also knew who was going to be doing it. Also, that wasn't Ziggler or Miz out there with "Big Ed." That was Steve Williams. If Dr. Death wanted to legit cripple Ed Ferrera, he would have. He didn't.

End of line.

And I'm sure Ed said, "Yeah Steve, just dump me on my head and almost kill or paralyze me, I'm sure it will look good and feel totally great." Since it is Steve WIlliams doing it, I'm possibly even more disgusted because hurting people is not the point of being a prowrestler, and with it being him, he should have no problem making that move safe for the other guy.

Aren't you supposed to take a bump for a suplex on your back? That's how I've seen numerous other guys take them. Cena being my most recent memory of one.

IIRC, Ferrara's sternum popped out of place and he had to have that chiropractor (the French guy with the ponytail) put it back. He said the chiropractor had him lean against the wall with his arms up over his head and then hit him with the butt of his hand to push it back in.

mable.gif

<Insert quad tearing sound here>

More like a pelvis breaking sound.

Nash has said in shoots that this spot broke his pelvis, to the point it still clicks to this day.  WWF was apparently going to fire Mabel as a result immediately after the match, but Nash called them off.  According to him, that is.

• Like 1

Nash makes the worst pain noise during that. Pretty similar to the quad tear one but more like every bit of oxygen leaving is body in a flash. Brutal spot and he told Mable not to do it before the match. Then da king did it anyway. It's pretty much the only memorable moment from an otherwise dreadful match (and show).

edit: dagnabbit, having like 8 tabs open and getting the delayed "new message" post... Brandon wins.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

End of line.

And I'm sure Ed said, "Yeah Steve, just dump me on my head and almost kill or paralyze me, I'm sure it will look good and feel totally great." Since it is Steve WIlliams doing it, I'm possibly even more disgusted because hurting people is not the point of being a prowrestler, and with it being him, he should have no problem making that move safe for the other guy.

Aren't you supposed to take a bump for a suplex on your back? That's how I've seen numerous other guys take them. Cena being my most recent memory of one.

think Ferrara has said that Williams had told him not to jump into the suplex because he could deadlift him, Ferrara was a trained worker and instinctively jumped a bit and over-rotated as a result

Nash says he specifically told him not to do it before the match. Mabel gave no fucks.

King Mable needed to make that fuck money.  Nash was probably pissed because he had some poon set up for after the match.  Kid was definitely pissed because if Nash's poon fell through, than his chance at grabbing some run off poon greatly diminished.  

Nash says he specifically told him not to do it before the match. Mabel gave no fucks.

King Mable needed to make that fuck money.  Nash was probably pissed because he had some poon set up for after the match.  Kid was definitely pissed because if Nash's poon fell through, than his chance at grabbing some run off poon greatly diminished.  

"Run off poon" is now a thing.

I have no idea what people are saying in all those layered quotes beneath that Williams/Asshole image, but I'll be damned if I don't get a little happier ever time I see it. Keep arguing, people. I appreciate it.

Something, something, broken sternum, something, something, he jumped, something, something, fuck Russo/Ferrara.

Lord, 

"Run off poon" is now a thing.

I'm wondering what it says about me that my first thought was to wonder if it would be more correct to say "run off poon" or "runoff poon". Lol, I even googled it.

(If anyone is interested, in this context, it probably should be "runoff poon".)

You've never seen a person take a German suplex by flipping over onto their stomach?  Pretty common.  But then again I dont think of John Cena when I think of people taking Germans. Only shitty WWE germans are taken fully on the back.  Usually they're taken on the upper shoulders/neck or just a complete flip.  Please don't watch Williams/Kobashi if you think suplexes are taken on the back.