DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I saw someone proposing that there should be a new phone skill 'Home Invasion'. So if someone is staying in their apartment or garage, you can send a couple of heavies round to drag them outside. If it was expensive enough, it'd be worth doing for bounties, but wasteful on white dots (who could just go passive and walk back inside after you'd killed them once).

No.  We were sorta hoping for something a bit more lucharific like the DVDVR Review covers.

I think that Robert's Avoid% went up last night. 

Mine actually went down.  I actually got a couple of compliments from some of our foes I killed with sticky bomb traps. 

I got the Grenade Fiend silver medal last night.  At least I am starting to get better in free mode combat with stuff that goes boom.

We must've impressed someone with low expectations last night.  I think we all got invites to join the Ride or Die Gang, the Forever Weed Crew (there is no way I am joining this bunch..), and the Silver & Blue Krew.

Funny thing about the Silver & Blue Krew.  It's run by that asshole that was in passive most of the night.  the guy whose symbols in his name spell out "remix."  Someone should tell remix that I absolutely hate the Cowboys.

You took some crazy funk-like bumps off rpgs and the fireworks launcher yesterday.

Yeah - I need to have a conversation with Mr. J "Fireworks Launchers Don't Hurt You" Stout

• Like 2

You took some crazy funk-like bumps off rpgs and the fireworks launcher yesterday.

Yeah - I need to have a conversation with Mr. J "Fireworks Launchers Don't Hurt You" Stout

I was quite surprised to find out how quickly they set you on fire.

I got killed from the grave twice last night by assholes with Fireworks Launchers.

• Like 1

I have the musket and fireworks DM bookmarked whenever we want to do it again.

I need to go on an expanded killing spree in free mode where I am doing most or all of the murdering before I jump into a deathmatch with those gimmicky weapons.

I am not sure if I will be on tonight

There is the combo moving panic setting in that everything isn't done for this weekend but there is also the need to shoot things in the head (which is easier to remedy via ME)

We shall see

I'm proud because I got Banky's name right.  

I still haven't gotten all my post-Lebron agression out.  Looking forward to murdering many idiots tonight... and then eventually playing GTA also. 

• Like 1

I have the musket and fireworks DM bookmarked whenever we want to do it again.

I need to go on an expanded killing spree in free mode where I am doing most or all of the murdering before I jump into a deathmatch with those gimmicky weapons.

They were all on the map already. I dont know if i had bought any of them when i did the DM.

I don't think they hurt you much. I could've sworn the first couple of times I got shot with them, they didn't hurt me (or hurt me much). I have been killed by them before, but I was very near death or they caused me to fall off a high spot. Someone can test one on me.

So next time Dan's in a deathmatch with us, we take turns calling Mercs on him (Dan: I keed, I keed).

Up too late with these goobs online. Feel like someone's tap-dancing on my head. I was having a perfectly fine night until the dude with the white adder showed up and started kicking my ass, then he tagged out to that Blathered Osmo guy, who killed me about 5,000 times. I'd be trying to snipe him in this absolute London freakin' fog, and BOOM, I'd get my head sniped off. I did kill him several times when he was either on a crane or trying to get up one. God, every time Herby gets on with us, we're killing people in Freemode. He must think we're psychos. He probably has a point.

You can't use images in crew logos. They have to be created using the logo creator. I've always really liked the luchador mask one, with some tweaking. I did one where the DVDVR letters are removed and it's just the mask, but I'm still not fond of that frilly circle around the mask. It helps hold the mask together, though, so it can't be deleted easily.

Count me as another vote for Mark Henry face.

So, was in a bit of a bad mood yesterday after work. At first, I watched Raw for a while, but that just put me in a worse mood. So the first people to fuck with me in freemode yesterday were just destined to have a bad time. I start off just trying to get money. Bounties, Lester targets, a Simeon vehicle, etc. When I brought a high-priority vehicle to Simeon, a few people weren't close enough to stop me, but they were still coming, so I went passive before taking the car into the garage. When I came out, one tried to run me over...and missed. I climbed the roof and banked the money. They decided to surround me, so okay, it's a fight they want.

I make a break for the containers, get myself hidden in them, and come off passive. Ten minutes of 1v3 ass-kicking later, they all bail after one of them gets a kill on me. Am I done? Fuck no. I'm taking no prisoners tonight. I go off-radar and kill the three of them. They all head for the airport, I head for my garage near the airport and get my Zentorno. They're taking off in a Titan. I blow the Titan up with an RPG.

I get a buzzard and head off to take some bounties and Lester-targets, and when I come back, they're in a chopper near Maze Bank building. I blow the chopper up. One of them calls me to bitch at me. I say "fuck off" and hang up and start sniping them from a rooftop. One of them leaves.

Then Havoc gets on. Havoc does not need to be told to fuck with people. One of the two makes it to his garage. The other is trying to make it, but failing, because Havoc is on the ground in front of it, and I'm on a rooftop. The guy not in the garage goes on passive, evades Havoc's attempts to run him over, and starts flipping him off from on top of a roof.

I land my helicopter on him, and he and the other guy finally leave.

Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear is pissed the fuck off and rips you AND your two friends to shreds. Then his bear-buddy shows up to gnaw on your carcass.

• Like 2

Robert sawed some poor fool who was away from his controller's head off numerous times with chopper blades. I had a police chopper drop from the sky and kill me after one of y'all shot it down.

EDIT: By the way, here's the orange mask with the letters deleted:

pq2cp.jpg

I am actually curios what would happen if 7 people called mercs on one guy, and how long he (I) could survive. So I welcome the challenge.

The funny thing about them was that they killed no one. Robert survived. But the distraction itself turned the tide.

EDIT: my best chopper moment was one on Robert: I dive out of it, let the chopper free fall, and open my chute just before ground. Robert didnt see me jump out, or that I landed behind him. One Pistol shot to the back of the skull.

I am actually curios what would happen if 7 people called mercs on one guy, and how long he (I) could survive.

When one person in a session has called mercs out, no one else can call them. If you try, the Merryweather phone lady will apologize but say the mercs are busy right now.