DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 4/30/15

victor

* Roman Reigns defeated Kane by countout in the opening match.

* Damien Sandow pinned Curtis Axel. Sandow has a new shirt, which is his stunt double shirt, with the term “stunt double” crossed out. Mizdow has the Miz part replaced with “San” taped over it.

* Ryback defeated Luke Harper

* Cesaro and Tyson Kidd defeated The New Day via DQ.

* Nikki Bella defeats Cameron.

* There was a dark segment backstage where Seth appeared on the screen and talked crap about the city, since its his home town, to try and get heat. It did not work at all and he was still cheered.

* Seth Rollins defeated Dean Ambrose in the main event. Roman Reigns made the save for Ambrose at the end of the show.

I'm wondering how long WWE is really gonna hold off on the Shield Triple Threat match

In order for that match to work, Ambrose and Reigns have to be at odds with each other, to make it feel that any of them would take the other two to the woodshed.  I don't think we'll see it for a while yet.

Looks like Ambrose got too big of a pop last week coming out to face Rollins so they had to squash out any hopes the fans may have of wanting to see another big match between the two by having Rollins beat him for the 20th time in a match with no build. Hey they protected Kane though, and I know there's a bunch of people out there salivating at the thought of a potential Kane/Rollins program. Seth is doing nothing for me as the champ to the point the title feels like considerably less of a big deal than when Lesnar had it.

• Like 2

Bray looking back at Harper in the corner after Sister Abigail-ing Ryback was perfect. The Wyatt Family needs to come back to slaughter fools. 

New Day as heels has yet again run into a horrible coincidence in the headlines but they seem to have found their footing at long last. Xavier as cheerleader, Big E as powerhouse and Kofi as Kofi works way better than any of them alone. Of course anything with my boy Cesaro being the ultimate strongman (even over Big E) and somewhat of a face to boot is right up my alley. Tyson busting out the through-the-ropes hilo was pretty dope. 

At the same time I support Cesaro/Tyson I have no idea how the Bellas are faces (and/or tweeners) now. I vote Naomi and Cameron all the way; though Nikki bumps well she comes off as a straight asshole. Meanwhile the PTPs are killing it. Having not watched WWE for about a month now this feels like Bizarro World for real to me. All the tag teams have something to do and everyone's role is reversed? Okay, I can get with that. I feel even more confused seeing that the KOTR already ran on Monday and Wade won. At least Neville got close. 

Rollins and Ambrose have a real good match in them and this was close minus the bullshit. Why Kane has to have a part in any of this is beyond me. I have the same feeling about anyone wanting to listen to Jericho talk to Stephanie.

I liked the show starting with a backstage bit instead of either the generic intro or 20 minutes of in-ring talking. Roman belly-flopping on a spear got a chuckle out of me. Damien Sandow's new gimmick is that he's an asshole who copies, AND INSULTS people. As a result, Axel is my choice for babyface in this feud. He also has better gear than Sandow's blue and red "DS" stuff. Harper-Ryback was proof that Harper is the best big-ish guy in the business. I loved him BRIDGING OUT OF A TOP WRISTLOCK and getting a jackknife pin. Why on Earth he's having matches with Ryback BECAUSE HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE WYATT FAMILY makes very little sense. Just put all of them together again for goodness sake. There's literally no good reason to not do it.

The tag team title match was fan-freaking-tastic, largely due to Cesaro. Kidd was fine, but Cesaro looked great with delayed suplexes of various types on everyone, gutwrenches, and the gorilla press too. Loved the pre-match staredown and the post-match bit of Woods and Kofi lifting Big E up. DQ finish worked here because I want more matches in the series and don't want CK to lose a lot cleanly right now.

Cameron vs. Nikki was two people impersonating wrestlers, but wasn't bad. Dean vs. Seth was quite good, but too Kane-centric for Dean to really shine.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/04/wwe-smackdown-4-30-15.html

Screens -

b72df9406910497.jpg

c1ca56406910510.jpg

5f5d49406912936.jpg

So badass

332cd7406912942.jpg

1a66b6406912951.jpg

06005c406914514.jpg

dad06f406914501.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/3xb81zy02o7jpgbgcoxr3s0mdxivdfdh

I like Sandow's new generic theme, but don't really see him amounting to much of anything going forward. Nikki Bella looked good and the other matches were all quite good especially the tag titles match again.

Sandow's new gimmick is already old, and this is the first week doing it.  The mimicking his own intro is beyond ridiculous, though ripping on Axel's intro was a little better.  Didn't mind the mimicking sitting outside with Axel part as it led to some offense.  But either tone it down or just stop it.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but Cameron actually looked good in her match.  Not great, but good, and it's miles better than how she normally is.

Oh, and anyone else catch Rollins raking his forearm on Dean?  Reminded me a lot of Kenny Omega's WK9 version.  I'm sure it's been done before, but it's something not seen much and it's awesome.

Are the rest of the King of the Ring matches not on Smackdown this week?  I thought that was the plan.

The semis and the final aired as a special on WWE Network Tuesday night.

Are the rest of the King of the Ring matches not on Smackdown this week?  I thought that was the plan.

The semis and the final aired as a special on WWE Network Tuesday night.

Thanks.  I realized that after I posted.