DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

What is the D Rose rule?

Coming off a rookie contract you are eligible to make 30% of teams salary cap if you have been voted to the all-star game twice, been an all-pro twice or won an MVP.  Davis' extension won't kick in until after next season I believe when the cap goes up so he is going to be a very very rich man.  Baseball money.

Some quick notes.  Looks like Brooklyn will sign Brook Lopez and Thad Young to extensions.

Jimmy Butler is considering the Bulls 5-five year max offer (option in year 4) but he's going to "sleep on it".  We all know he's not going anywhere no matter what. Bulls will sign him up.

Kings being aggressive on someone no one else seems to want!!!

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 55s55 seconds ago

The Kings, as expected, wasted no time in reaching out to free agent point guard Rajon Rondo. Already being aggressive, I'm told.

There needs to be at least one batshit crazy team in the NBA, and Phil is bringing the Knicks dangerously close to sanity, so. . . 

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 14m14 minutes ago

Goran Dragic has reached agreement on a five-year, $90 million deal with the Miami Heat, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Whoa. My man @Chris_Broussard just reported Orlando has offered Paul Millsap four-year, $80 mil max to give Hawks something to worry about

Also, looks like Pacers about to offer Ellis 3 years.  Mavs better try to work S&T here.  Pacers could be fun with Monta/PG running offense.

It sucks Portland had so many injuries. They could have ended up in the Western Conference Finals and this is a different team. It looks like the fun few years of the Blazers -- who really punched the league in the mouth more than a few times -- is now at an end. The NBA is a better place when Portland's good.

If he has to go, I hope LMA ends up on the Spurs. He's a really great fit for them. If LMA's honest about wanting to chase titles, than that's his best bet. And it's also an incredibly fun team to play for, to boot.

DEBATE: The most Spurs player not in San Antonio is Marc Gasol. And the most Grizzlies player not in Memphis is Danny Green.