DVDVR Message Board

Other old shows they should revive (the President of TV will 100% read this thread)

Reed

NBC probably should look into bringing back Firefly whenever Fillion is free of his Castle commitments. What else do they have? And you could put it on Friday and it would get a decent enough 1.3 or 1.4 I think. 

I assume the rest of the cast is free. Baldwin is batshit crazy, of course, but that never stopped them putting Sheen in TV shows, so....

So after having a fairly long conversation about Wesley "2 Scoops" Berry, I have no idea why there isn't an American Gladiators show on TV right now.  They somehow fucked up the redo with Gina Carano and Hulk Hogan, but I was really excited for it when it came back.  20 years from now I want to have a conversation with a coworker about some dude who was really good at a sport that isn't even a sport.

With election season coming and, as far as I know, Rob Lowe not doing anything... isn't it time for Sam Seborn to run for th White House?

James

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

With election season coming and, as far as I know, Rob Lowe not doing anything... isn't it time for Sam Seborn to run for th White House?

James

Rob Lowe's got a new series (on Fox...I think?) where he plays a TV lawyer who goes into law when he moves back home called 'The Grinder'

James

Rob Lowe's got a new series (on Fox...I think?) where he plays a TV lawyer who goes into law when he moves back home called 'The Grinder'

Dammit caley, why must you dash my hopes for a Seaborn Presidency?

If it ever happened I'd be so looking forward to just small cameos from the original cast (I really would expect Josh to be one of those guys that has retired but is still in the game in his own way... no clue for anyone else... well maybe Dule Hill can be regular cast as Sam's Legal Counsel).

I just want Barlett's prediction for Sam to come true so we can all watch it

James

James

I think shows like The West Wing/Cheers/ER etc. should always be on TV, except they should kind of rotate administrations/bars/hospitals after a set time.  There is just so many different stories that could be told from so many different perspectives. 

Aaron Sorkin has been exposed in recent years, in a bad, bad way.

And even he never could have written a presidential candidate as gleefully batshit insane as Donald Trump. 

To be fair, even if he had, everyone would bitch about how unrealistic and crazy it was.

And even he never could have written a presidential candidate as gleefully batshit insane as Donald Trump. 

To be fair, even if he had, everyone would bitch about how unrealistic and crazy it was.

I 100% agree, but a show about a crazy ass presidential election would be pretty fucking fun.  It would probably be better as a comedy.  What are the Parks and Recreation people doing?  I'd love if they did a show with a crazy set of candidates running for office and everything that went along with it.

I 100% agree, but a show about a crazy ass presidential election would be pretty fucking fun.  It would probably be better as a comedy.  What are the Parks and Recreation people doing?  I'd love if they did a show with a crazy set of candidates running for office and everything that went along with it.

Ha, you just reminded me of the Comedy Central show parodying W. Bush that got axed after 9/11.

Well I'll be damned. It actually was cancelled the month prior due to costs. And it was done by Parker and Stone which I had no idea about. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That%27s_My_Bush!

So after having a fairly long conversation about Wesley "2 Scoops" Berry, I have no idea why there isn't an American Gladiators show on TV right now.  They somehow fucked up the redo with Gina Carano and Hulk Hogan, but I was really excited for it when it came back.  20 years from now I want to have a conversation with a coworker about some dude who was really good at a sport that isn't even a sport.

I'm pretty sure this board was why the reboot got a second season.  I think all of us were watching it.  Carano was a beast on Joust.  And Wolf hit a contestant with the Canadian Destroyer during Pyramid!  Good times.

Part of the problem with the redo of AG was the gladiators. Most of them were muscle bound idiots with no personality. The old gladiators at least had some charisma.

Also, I didn't like how the contenders and gladiators were pushed as mortal enemies. On the old show it seemed like it was all in good fun. The execs in charge of the new show just seemed like fun wasn't allowed and this was serious competition.

It's like...dude...this is a show where men and women hit each other with pugil sticks. Lighten up.

Part of the problem with the redo of AG was the gladiators. Most of them were muscle bound idiots with no personality. The old gladiators at least had some charisma.

Also, I didn't like how the contenders and gladiators were pushed as mortal enemies. On the old show it seemed like it was all in good fun. The execs in charge of the new show just seemed like fun wasn't allowed and this was serious competition.

It's like...dude...this is a show where men and women hit each other with pugil sticks. Lighten up.

Especially since the original series was fixed. . . .wasn't it?

I remember being so stoked for Battle Dome. I thought it was going to be huge. Then I saw an episode.

Looking at their Wikipedia page, I had no idea they ran a cross promotional feud with death-rattle era WCW.

I don't believe the original series was fixed. No.

I always thought Battle Dome was entertaining for how over the top it was. I remember that one Aerial Kickboxing event where that one redneck character seemed to enjoy giving people concussions. The Bob Holly of Battle Dome if you will.

• 4 weeks later...

Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters- The cast of Arrow return in this all new reboot of the red hot DC property.  Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy star as Oliver "Ollie" Queen and Dinah "Black Canary" Lance, lovers who have relocated to Seattle, Washington to start over and try to save their strained relationship.

The ultra-left wing, modern hippie Oliver Queen finds himself identifying with the weirdos and eccentrics of Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood, while running afould of a CIA drug smuggling operation and being tempted by an androgynous Japanese female ninja.  

Dinah finds herself stripped of her powers after being tortured and nearly raped, while Ollie is forced to cross the line and learns that it's okay to kill bad guys when he saves her.  

Join new showrunner and head writer Mike Grell as he oversees a direct adaptation of his classic "Longbow Hunters' mini-series and the first 25 issues of his run on Green Arrow proper.

• 6 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2015 at 7:14 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

Young Justice season 3 is the thing I want most, live ac or xartoon, dramatic or comedic.

Alternatively, if you can get the cast and GOOD writers (say seasons 2-6) I would pay money for Night Court 2015.

Ask, and ye MIGHT receive:

http://nerdgasmpodcast.com/news/netflix-picking-up-young-justice-for-season-3-announcement-this-weekend/