DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: BROCK LESNAR vs. DANIEL BRYAN

BROCK LESNAR vs. DANIEL BRYAN  

166 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Raziel's FSW tribute posts are just shitty. Come on dude, at least read last year's archives and take some cues from the original if you want to make slick troll posts against a board favorite. Just awful work on your part so far. 

It should go like this:

"Brock Lesnar is a gigantic mountain of muscle and rage who's only purpose and joy is making other men cry and beg.  Daniel Bryan is a chubby Mary Sue who's only purpose is to make fat resentful nerds pretend that their opinions matter."

And the correct rebuttal to the above quote would be:

*whose

• Like 3

Raziel's FSW tribute posts are just shitty. Come on dude, at least read last year's archives and take some cues from the original if you want to make slick troll posts against a board favorite. Just awful work on your part so far. 

Its not trolling if its my actual opinion's and I'm not trying to get anyone banned, upset, or in trouble.

Dissenting opinion is NOT trolling.  

That's why its awful.

Daniel Bryan is a fucking awesome wrestler that does have a few flaws, but isn't a irreplacable God amonsty men.

Daniel Bryan zelots are the fucking worst because they want him on top with a 15000-0 record holding the Belt for 17 years and scream burial with every loss (I am guilty of this myself in the past) and refuse to let anything else happen to the detrement of the company.

I'm not against the wrestler, I'm against the fans.

When people read the archives next year, someone's gonna go "Only wrestler on the planet to pop a Wrestlemania Crowd?  Really?"

• Like 1

[Herzog]The tiny man clothes himself in an armor of hair.  he masks himself in the symbols of natural masculinity as if taking on the face of the animal could replace the muscle and teeth of the animal.   It is an artificial cultivation of the natural and betrays his fear of a world that is created for the large and the blood-thirsty.  But in truth he stands naked in the world of the bear.  Through the illusion of strength, and his careful control of his expressions of fear, the tiny bearded man provides the audience with a sanctuary of denial.  He is a carnival mirror that makes the marginal, the morose, and the meek see themselves in a different, slightly less paunchy form and devolve into an orgasm of collective fantasy, chanting, and foolish optimism.  He is religion.

But it cannot last.  The larger man, the Brock, is a literal mirror that forces that same herd of desperate weaklings to recognize the reality of the true world and to confront their own helplessness.  He is the bear.  He wears no mask.    He cultivates no character.  He is an instrument of nature.  If nature has a conscious will, Brock Lesnar is its final attempt to show us the truth, to teach us the lesson that we wish to avoid learning.  There is no fight.  There is no flight.  There is only left the weeping and the pain and the softening of the eyes into death.  He offers us this truth and the comfort of knowing that we mortals need only fade out.  Ceasing the vain struggle is simple when nature provides the tool. 

So long as they are kept apart, the fantasy of Daniel Bryan can remain a sanctuary.  And while they would not be any better off without it, they might at least be alive for their short remaining time.  They might at least experience a moment of bloodlust that comes from lashing out at the eyes of the bear with their tiny inadequate fists.  And like any human structure it cannot withstand the overwhelming pressure of nature.  They may hide with him for another year, these sad typists and obsessive masturbators who live from one artificial ecstatic fantasy to the next.  But eventually all will be consumed. 

That is the lesson of the Bryan and the Brock.

[/Herzog]

• Like 4

Its not trolling if its my actual opinion's and I'm not trying to get anyone banned, upset, or in trouble.

That's why its awful.

Daniel Bryan is a fucking awesome wrestler that does have a few flaws, but isn't a irreplacable God amonsty men.

Daniel Bryan zelots are the fucking worst because they want him on top with a 15000-0 record holding the Belt for 17 years and scream burial with every loss (I am guilty of this myself in the past) and refuse to let anything else happen to the detrement of the company.

When people read the archives next year, someone's gonna go "Only wrestler on the planet to pop a Wrestlemania Crowd? Really?"

*amongst

(Pira made me do it)

Best alive is a pretty fucking broad statement that isn't even remotely true

That is probably objectively true. But I refer back to the last sentence of my post. Nobody does better at what I specifically enjoy seeing in pro wrestling. Ergo, in a purely subjective matter, he gets my vote as being "the best."

• Like 1

That's why its awful.

When people read the archives next year, someone's gonna go "Only wrestler on the planet to pop a Wrestlemania Crowd? Really?"

I'm sorry. I must have just thought that you were trolling with all the hyperbolic statements, reductio ad absurdum, strawman arguments, and other clearly terrible points that you are making.

I have not yet heard a Bryan fan who thinks that he should win fifteen thousand straight matches, nor is it crazy to say that Bryan helped the crowd get back into things after that Taker or that he was uniquely in a position to do so with that crowd.

I hope you are trolling though because if not, your opinions are shit and your arguments to back them are objectively terrible.

• Like 1

Its not crazy to say he helped.

Its fucking crazy to say he's the ONLY PERSON ON THE PLANET~! that could do it.  Which is what started the whole conversation.

If I wanted to troll, I would've said that Zack Ryder could've saved the crowd.

No, I was asked people I think could've "saved the crowd", which didn't need saving.

The hyperbole started there.  Not with my stuff.  But keep trying.

My shitty opinion, by the way, are better than the shitty opinions of "Brock/Taker killed the Mania crowd", "Bryan saved Mania" "Bryan carried Triple H" "Cena turned Bray face" and "No wrestler on the planet could've saved Wrestlemania but Daniel Bryan"

I just said he's replacable.  

Nah, your opinions are MUCH shittier than those. Your post where you thought you were being clever about the difference between professional wrestling and sports entertainment just kicked off what has turned out to be a number of terrible opinions. 

It's your right to have them, though I do suspect that you are just doing a third-rate FSW tribute gimmick. 

So a sarcastic post to inject a little fun in the Bryan wankfest...

Nah, fuck it.  Now I know how Gregg feels most of the time.

Its what I get for not worshipping at the altar.

• Like 1

doing a third-rate FSW tribute gimmick. 

[FSW]Daniel Bryan should win for out-carnying everyone by making idiots believe that their feelings are a part of entertainment.  He is the most duplicitous of all of them.[/FSW]

WILL YOU STOP SUMMONING HIMM!!!

• Like 2

So a sarcastic post to inject a little fun in the Bryan wankfest...

Nah, fuck it.  Now I know how Gregg feels most of the time.

Its what I get for not worshipping at the altar.

Oh, you two get off your crosses.

Anyway, at least take some note from Gregg. He trolls much more subtly and then acts more wounded when someone calls him out on it. You have the subtlety of a coked-up Hulk Hogan playing Richard III. 

Anyway, back to the actual question of wrestling itself, I think the idea that fans are bad for REALLY wanting their guy to win is weird. I appreciate that someone can actually engender that type of support, especially among cynical "smark" type adults. 

I don't like Punk at all as one example, but I did always think that it was a huge point in his favor that he could curry favor with a very cynical group of people, generally-speaking (I think the Punk fans here are not like that, but going to a live show, there was definitely that sense every time you'd see lots of Punk fans). That Bryan is doing this by being a convincing variety of the Millennial ideal male archetype is really impressive because he's tapped into something cultural by getting over to some degree.

Anyway, I think the fan-bashing stuff is lame as fuck. Gotta give credit to the wrestler that those fans are engaged and invested enough to want their guy to win every time out, just like when they were kids. 

• Like 1

WHY THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO BE ABOUT ME??? PLEASE STOP MENTIONING ME! IT IS SO ANNOYING!

And yet you liked the post where Raziel mentioned how poor little you are so beat up on, just like he is.

Trust me, I just skip your posts now when you talk about wrestling, so believe me that it isn't about you unless you make it so, like for example posting a "PLEASE STOP MENTIONING ME POST" that simultaneously garners you the attention that you crave so much and DAMN IT, you got me again. Good job, Gregg.

See what Gregg just did, Raziel? Now THAT'S how you troll.

Anyway, back to talking about Bryan and Brock. I think I've tested the boundaries of March Madness enough for one thread. 

I still have no idea which way I'm voting on this, BTW.

I voted but this was probably he hardest matchup of the first round for me. Hell, it has potential to be the hardest matchup the whole shootin' match.

Brock Lesnar has been booked too strong. They've cut the legs off the rest of the roster and, outside of Cena and the other part-timers, don't have anyone they can realistically put in a match against him. For that alone, I can't vote for him.

So, that gif reminds me of another problem with the SummerSlam match: Brock Lesnar swimming in a pool of his own sweat, while Cena, who had supposedly taken the biggest ass-kicking ever, had to feign breathing hard. Brock doesn't have the cardio to advance.

Brock's known for being a heavy sweater. It has nothing to do with his cardio.

I love Bryan, and he had a couple great moments in the past year, but Brock had more. I'm close to voting Brock, but not convinced yet.

People not making up their minds is how Randy Orton gets added to things.

Now THAT would be interesting. Especially with Orton having had a better year than both of these guys.

And anyone that disagrees with me is obviously a troll.

There's so much Brock did with the little time he had that just overshadows what Bryan did by a little bit. The little things he did were great, like stealing the Undertaker's sit up spot in the Cena match at Summerslam, his look of shock after beating the Undertaker, catching Rollins on his shoulders, etc. Bryan's awesome, there's no argument about that, but I think Brock was just that much better. In the WWE where everyone looks vulnerable, Brock stands alone in looking like the monster he is.

What makes this so difficult is that the march madness time period does not lineup with the wwe yearly structure. In my mind the wwe year starts the day after mania.

Bryans mania matches feel like the conclusion of last years storylines. Brock's domination feels like the prevailing storyline of this year.

It's hard to have perspective on events which occurred almost a year ago.

Since both guys had so much time off, I decided to judge them by the moments they had. Daniel had 2 great moments, both at Mania. Brock had 2 great moments, Mania and Summerslam, plus that final stretch at the Rumble from when he rushes the ring like a rabid bear to the final counter into the F5. I'm giving Lesnar the edge this year but just barely.