DVDVR Message Board

SmackDown 1-29-15

MGFanJay

I don't like the refs opening the casket by the ring. You should have to drag the guys to the casket and beat his ass into that thing.

I've gotta admit, the Reigns backlash is some of the best train wreck TV I've seen since I don't know when. I bet HHH's announcement is going to be gasoline on the fire, in the most amusingly aggravating way.

I can't think of the last casket match I enjoyed. Probably one of Undertaker's mind 90's ones. I would like to see the gimmick go away as a lot of the setups to get into the casket just come off as overly-contrived and pull me out of the match. For a moment there I thought HHH was going to reveal the 'big controversy' as Axel being attacked and never getting his fair shot which leads to RR vs. Axel on Smackdown. That would have been a nice troll by WWE to address 'the problem'.

The Paige/Bella stuff was cringe-worthy. "Hey guys! Look how white she is! Hahahaha!". Very lame and not in a way that makes me hate the heels, but in a way that makes me wonder who writes this. Nikki is too machine-like at times mainly when it comes to displaying the championship- I have never seen her hold the title in way that comes off as nature. Its so obviously scripted and if not- she needs to stop because it looks hokey and is one of the worse WWE tropes since walking backwards up the ramp.

where was Dean Ambrose?

(that's your cue, Piranesi)

I completely forgot this was even on.  

But if he wasn't there, it's very concerning.  Dean's personal code requires him to journey by hay bale truck to a Dairy Queen parking lot in Morgantown to bury the hiking boots of the man he killed on Monday.  But he should have completed the journey within 48 hours of the murder.  If not, there's a decent chance that Dean has convinced himself a soul swap has taken place, and the next time we see him he'll be driving bootleg hay from West Virginia to Kentucky while trying to dodge smokies.

It should wear off in a few weeks.  It should. 

The last time this happened, Dean ended up spending six weeks as "assistant night manager of a White Castle" that was actually a shoe shine stand at the Bushwick Ave./Aberdeen subway station.  He consumed a lot of wax but it was a pretty chill gig until the "day manager" chased him away every morning.

• Like 4

The Prince of Perfection era will finally begin!

That's the first thing I thought, when Triple H talked of the "controversy".

He'll probably give Axel a match against Reigns for the #1 Contendership at Wrestlemania.

From reading about the Wyatt promo before the main event, I was wondering if Bray would cost Bryan the match.  That would have set up Bryan-Wyatt at Fast Lane, which Wyatt would win to continue his push toward a Taker match at Mania.

It's gonna happen soon, but I have no interest in the Undertaker returning. Zero.

You gotta make the WM main event some sort of gimmick match, right? Nobody is buying Lesnar losing the title in a one-on-one match without 50 chair shots to the head.

I say put him in the sharpshooter and ring the bell so he doesn't show up in the UFC with the strap. Best. For. Business.

Dusty vs. Ivan in a casket match in 1980?!?!

That's by far the biggest and best news of the night.

It's gonna happen soon, but I have no interest in the Undertaker returning. Zero.

You gotta make the WM main event some sort of gimmick match, right? Nobody is buying Lesnar losing the title in a one-on-one match without 50 chair shots to the head.

I say put him in the sharpshooter and ring the bell so he doesn't show up in the UFC with the strap. Best. For. Business.

Dude, the Superman punch will totes take out Lesnar!

SD was live and the first real show since the Rumble, so I realized the possibly of Authority presence was high.  Thus, I decided to just let the show record and I'll fast-forward through it later today.  From the sound of things, I'll get through the show in about 45 minutes, tops.

Am I the only one thinking "Bryan heel turn" with all of this?

Just seems weird for him to get the Raw interview and the build with the win over Kane if they don't have any real plans for him.

Can someone tell me what the fuck Bray Wyatt was talking about. I don't have the patience for his promos. Did he set up a match with GrandpaTaker?

I thought he would be coming out of the casket to seek revenge on Kane for dumping him out of the Rumble.

The only positive I could think of to Bryan turning heel is that he would have to lay off some of the big spots to avoid cheers.

I really don't get why they brought him back before Mania (carrying SmackDown seems unnecessary) but surely they'll figure out SOMETHING bigger than a nonsensical match with Dolph or a waste of time with Sheamus.

We know damn well the adult smark audience won't care if Bryan turns, they'll just keep on cheering him.

But he might be over enough with the younger audience now that they won't care either. Like when Eddy turned on Tajiri and the audience just refused it in 2003.