DVDVR Message Board

Gaming Moments That Never Get Old

Tabe

A couple more from Assasin's Creed:

- in #2, running around in your home area kicking the crap out of civilians. As long as you use your fists, you get in no trouble. Very cathartic :)

- in pretty much all of the games, though I think they made it much tougher in Unity - walking along docks and piers and bumping people into the water, killing them. It's the only way I know of in the series to kill civilians and not have the game get mad at you

I miss Herby~!! :-(

-Well, my first night back in Los Santos after a 3 month layoff I was running down a dude in my adder and landed a 360 spinning sticky bomb throw and exploding his shit, getting the "players are voting to kick you" 5 minutes into the session.  Then smoking those fools with my sniper rifle.  Was a good feeling, even though I was rusty as fuck.

-Doing the air thrust motion to assholes in a glitch with a sticky bomb strapped on your back and saying "now"

- killing many many people all at once with a single sticky bomb (like 4+ in a single car, or all grouped together in one location)

-killing with an airstrike

-killing passive assholes with the firetruck after you've killed their tank.

Haven't played much GTA in general, but had the chance to have fun with the blimps in GTAV.  Crashing anything into a blimp or vice versa  is so much fun.  Speaking of flying, I've been a sucker for flying as high up as I could, then jumping out to my doom.  A good crash never gets old.

-Whether it's GTA or Watch Dogs, getting into trouble for a 2 star wanted level and finding a way to escape is satisfying.

-In Smash Brothers when in a heated battle against a CPU, if I have more two lives and my opponent has one while playing Bowser, side B is the answer.  We call it "Bowser Cheese" where we grab the opponent, flip and fall off the ledge.  It takes out one of our lives, sure, but still defeats them.  Same principle applies for Kirby's B attack.  I did this in the past against friends, but find it to be a cheap attack.  Still satisfying against CPU.

Breaking off a big run in Madden on a 3rd and 1 short yardage play. 

Any FLAWLESS VICTORY in a fighting game.

Any game with hunting challenges where you kill a predator with a knife.  I just started playing Far Cry 4 and I immediately started throwing bait out to see if I could kill whatever predator that came with my knife.  I don't really have any real life intrest in hunting or knives, but put it in a game and I'm all in.

Breaking off a big run in Madden on a 3rd and 1 short yardage play. 

My all time favourite was doing this and randomly busting a 62 yard TD run with my FULLBACK. I played like 8 years in the dynasty mode in the last Madden game that I had, and it was the longest run by any fullback in the NFL during that time by 41 yards. It was just one of those times they put 11 guys up on the line, somehow I got through the first wave... and there was just nobody.

How about in any of the Batman Arkham games, when you're surrounded by like 100 fucking dudes, and you wipe em all out without taking a single hit or having your chain broken?

I much prefer the stealth-based combat sections in that game.

I hate stealth sequences in games. Mostly because I'm usually awful at them. So when I pull one off without a hitch, I feel like a ninja. Walking into a Far Cry base and killing every living thing without them even knowing you're there is badass.

-Grinding up levels in an RPG and then just blasting through a dungeon/enemy that gave you fits the first time you encountered it.

-Nailing a difficult jump in a platformer. Be it on attempt #1 or attempt #250.

God, talk of Metal Gear makes me want to go back and revisit MG2 and MGS3 on Vita...

Edited to add another moment: the final boss fights in both Sonic Adventure games. Getting there kind of sucks 15 years later, but I still love the staging, the music, and the general crazy.

Speaking of boss fights, that last battle of Final Fantasty III/VI/whatever we're supposed to call that now. It's sooooo over the top but in the best way. That whole fight from start to finish usually took about half an hour against multiple foes. And what a soundtrack.

Also, the entire opera house sequence is some serious video game mad genius.

• Like 1

God, talk of Metal Gear makes me want to go back and revisit MG2 and MGS3 on Vita...

Edited to add another moment: the final boss fights in both Sonic Adventure games. Getting there kind of sucks 15 years later, but I still love the staging, the music, and the general crazy.

Ha! I get a lot of shit for saying "Open Your Heart" is one of my favorite songs made for a game ever, but you're right. I especially love SA1. That Choas monster was so much more intense than the rest of the game, it was fantastic. All of the sudden Sonic's gotta conquer goddamn Godzilla! "Can hold on much longer, but I will never let go!"

I hate stealth sequences in games. Mostly because I'm usually awful at them. So when I pull one off without a hitch, I feel like a ninja. Walking into a Far Cry base and killing every living thing without them even knowing you're there is badass.

-Grinding up levels in an RPG and then just blasting through a dungeon/enemy that gave you fits the first time you encountered it.

-Nailing a difficult jump in a platformer. Be it on attempt #1 or attempt #250.

I'm the same way. That's why I'm generally terrible at playing rogue/thieves in RPGs and stuff like that. Why sneak around everybody when I can just beat the holy hell out of them instead?

How about in any of the Batman Arkham games, when you're surrounded by like 100 fucking dudes, and you wipe em all out without taking a single hit or having your chain broken?

Thats....never happened for me.

*cries uncontrollaby*

• Like 3