DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-29-14 - Edge and Christian Host

MGFanJay

Amazed to see Christian's retirement get a passing mention. Loved DOOM COMING when Brock's theme hit. Didn't like Cena being a pussy going after Heyman. Rusev vs. Dolph was fantastic, barring the shitty ending. Having Rusev in there with a really fast-paced guy like Ambrose and Dolph works perfectly. Ryback's long promo wasn't really in his wheelhouse, but he came off as very likeable and more like a human being than about 99.99% of the roster. Loved the tag title match seemingly being about Naomi's turn, but not having that and instead just going with a clean match with a hot finish and saving her for the post-match and a turn for a PPV or future TV show. Loved the wacky Shield recap video - shame it was for a TV main event with no hype instead of a PPV one.

Then they had Cesaro cut a promo on his situation - he stumbled, so he'll never got a shot and be mocked for "four ropes" forever. BNB - Brand New Body - came back, squashed him, so yeah, Cesaro's just done now. Harper killed Swagger in a dead match. Roman and Seth had a nothing match. Show stood out. Neither guy did. We got a shitty DQ, and they hurt everyone here. Wow.  Then stuff happened for a while. Ascension faced Miz and Mizdow - and thank God they interrupted Edge and Christian or that wouldn't have happened. Ascnesion "ascended" by kneeling and then standing up, so they don't even get a lift.

Cutting Edge Peep Show went on for ages. I was slightly surprised to see Edge get remotely physical - less surprised to see Christian get physical. Not sure why Seth-Cena is now a feud with PARALYSIS being threatened. After a long-ass time, they finally revealed that what Seth wants is the Authority back - I thought he'd want his title shot. And with that. With literally no hype or buildup, we're getting The Authority back after a month. OH MY GOD THIS DRAGGED! This was a clusterfuck of a show. It started off so promising and then became the ultimate hot shot show that somehow cooled off every main event program they had.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/12/wwe-raw-12-29-14.html

Screens -

040f9a377281055.jpg

ce71f5377286533.jpg

aa4e02377302542.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/sk4q5iabk5xcqbuccqq4907pnhtlrh1k

ME RIGHT FUCKING NOW:

tumblr_mov63nwrBi1r2daiko1_500.gif

That was a shitty ass crowd, but I was so happy how much they were into Barrett considering all things.

I've hated how everyone on the fucking internet has brought up the brass ring comment every chance they've gotten but I loved how the commentators took a steamy pile of poop on Cesaro's promo.

• Like 2

Bryan in the Rumble totally screws over Reigns. The smark crowd is going to be 100% behind DBry and get mega pissed if they give the win to Samoan John Cena.

Speaking of which, the only logical Mania card I see now is:

Bryan-Brock

Cena-Reigns

Sting-HHH

Rusev-Bikertaker (with the old American Badass theme)

Fuck all of you. That end ruled.

Dude, that was boring as hell.  If Seth was better at scripted promos, Cena wasn't a dick, it didn't drag, and the crowd wasn't dead as hell, it might've worked.

• Like 3

Fuck all of you. That end ruled.

Dude, that was boring as hell.  If Seth was better at scripted promos, Cena wasn't a dick, it didn't drag, and the crowd wasn't dead as hell, it might've worked.

Seth looked like a total slimebag. So did Show. Cena wasn't a dick. He gave into the heel demands to save someone he respected -- someone who tormented him for years, but ultimately respected.

maybe they can do the Rumble 92 ending. Have it come down to Bryan, Reigns and Bray Wyatt. Bryan is eliminated by Reigns, Bryan distracts Reigns, and Wyatt eliminates Reigns to win the Rumble. Or give the Rumble to Barrett, or Orton, or have Rollins win for no logical reason

That, or have Bryan not come out, but a masked man enter and win and unmask as Daniel Bryan.