DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

Been on a kick watching earlier LU episodes and had this thought you can feel free to mock me for...

I think Big Ryck is the most underrated guy so far in LU's run.

I really do.

There are a lot of great wrestlers we expect a lot from and they always deliver but there are only a few guys on the roster who we dread seeing because they "suck". Chavo, Demon & Big Ryck for example. Chavo/Demon have delivered. They did nothing, they blew chunks. Ryck though... he's exceeded all expectations. He'll never be the best wrestler in the company but he's been way above and beyond what I think we most expected. While Chavo/Demon lived down to their expectations, Ryck fit in much better than expected and stepped his game up.

Also, this show has some fucking incredible spots so far but I'm not entirely sure anything besides Angelico's dive tops Big Ryck/Puma fighting over the kendo stick and Ryck yanking him into the stiffest forearm in the history of forearms.

I'd never seen him work before LU but he was described (and looks like) as your typical WWE jacked up stiff. I guess it helps being in a promotion like this where you are the only one of those* so you stand out. I think his only bad match so far has been against Sexy Star who I happen to think is the worst non-Chavo/Demon person in the promotion.

* = until Cage showed up. And IMO Cage could probably learn a lot from working more like Ryck.

Sexy Star is still better than Killshot and she's way worse than Chavo or Demon

Cage needs to keep working like Cage though. Strongly disagree with him becoming a generic strongman wrestler. He's better than that.

I got stared down by Ryck when I kept doing TIGER TIGER KNEE TIGER UPPERCUT to him but I don't know if he got the reference

So Masked Republic is carrying some Pentagon, Drago, and Fenix merch, it goes up Monday. They were nice enough to hook up the Twitter #luchakliq with a 10% off code - which is luchakliq

They pretty much just got a bunch of shirts from the guys at the last Crash show so the supply is going to be super limited, but there you guys go

• Like 1

So tonight we get:

Alberto vs Hernandez for a title shot against Puma

Jack Evans vs Aero Star

And Pentagon vs Killshot vs Mack vs Cuerno vs Sexy Star vs Cage vs Fenix in a seven way match for a very special prize.

I'm confident that 5 people are going to be able to cover for Killshot and Sexy Star enough for the seven way to be good

So tonight we get:

Alberto vs Hernandez for a title shot against Puma

Jack Evans vs Aero Star

And Pentagon vs Killshot vs Mack vs Cuerno vs Sexy Star vs Cage vs Fenix in a seven way match for a very special prize.

I'm confident that 5 people are going to be able to cover for Killshot and Sexy Star enough for the seven way to be good

ka19go.gif

Jack Evans on this show is the cherry on top of a wonderful lucha libre sundae. 

• Like 1

The skeleton crew (literally for once!) was such a highlight of the show.  This is one of those angles that is guaranteed to attract non-wrestling fans, it's straight up cool as fuck.

The 7-way was insanely fun.  I'm glad Fenix won for two reasons.  One, he's fucking awesome.  Two, that medallion can be used to up his abilities when fighting Mil Muertes.  The idea of a cosmic battle with super abilities can be goofy elsewhere, but in this case it's amazing.  I can't wait to see how this unfolds.  And Mundo's turn of sorts makes sense in that he's pissed he didn't get the number one contender's match.  Given the animosity between him and AEP before that I'm down with them having a quality feud.

Eh it could have been worse.  Like it could have been a Blue Demon Jr. match instead.

I hope that since next week's episode is at the same set of tapings they have the window all cardboarded and duct taped up.

Then after next week you guys can play Where's Waldo with me in the hardcam section