DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Interesting thing I noticed on StubHub: with the exception of a few markets you can get tickets in the $10-$20 range for almost any midweek game. Was shocked to see tickets for $10 for places like SA, Dallas and OKC but then again you can get most games in Brooklyn for in the $10-$15 range. Guess what I am saying is if you want to see a game check out StubHub b/c prices there are more reasonable than you'd think.

The nose bleeds at the United Center went for somewhere under 25. Even that far back, I still had a blast. They get you with concessions though. Gotta hit up that Church's Chicken before hand. If Lebron's playing those tickets go up 10-20 bucks. Or at least that's how it was with Heat games. Weekends aren't really that much more expensive than weekdays at least last year that was the case. Maybe they're more now that you have about a 50/50 shot of seeing Derrick play a few minutes.

I like to see a couple games a year, and I've been lucky enough to win a few tickets the last three years. I'm thinking this year I'm going to start splurging on one game where I get to sit on a lower deck and live like rich folk. MAYBE THEN I'LL GET A T-SHIRT FROM THE SKY.

In Charlotte, the cheerleaders run through the crowd with boxes of Bojangle's chicken.  That was worth my $20.  Says alot about the south that the chicken got a bigger pop than the team.

I'm from New York and I'd mark the fuck out for Bojangles. That stuff beats the shit out of KFC. Also the Nets had a cannon that fired Taco Bell burritos into the stands when they were in NJ. I think they actually got sued by a guy who was hit by one.

Oh trust me, I love BoJ's.  I have it for breakfast 1-2 times a week.  Many of my out of state friends long for it after they visit.  That night fulfilled many fantasies for me.  Seeing Dirk in person, Mavs winning big, hot chicks in skimpy costumes handing out fried chicken and biscuits.  Literally the peak of my year.

Derrick got in 27 minutes today. Scored 21. Butler was the only one to outscore him and he did it over 40 minutes. Noah finally had a NOAH game with 15 pts, 14 rebs, 6 assists, 6 blocks. Mirotic got himself 5 blocks too, so he can stay. 

Surprising factoid: Rondo has a worse free throw percentage this year than Shaq ever did from any year. He's shooting something like 32%

Derrick got in 27 minutes today. Scored 21. Butler was the only one to outscore him and he did it over 40 minutes. Noah finally had a NOAH game with 15 pts, 14 rebs, 6 assists, 6 blocks. Mirotic got himself 5 blocks too, so he can stay. 

Surprising factoid: Rondo has a worse free throw percentage this year than Shaq ever did from any year. He's shooting something like 32%

You guys really lucked out with Butler. Because with the new TV deal coming you don't have to worry about Reinsdorf not wanting to pay the luxury tax on him. Just perfect timing.

I'm pretty disappointed in the Hornets.  I was rooting for them after their offseason, which looked good on paper. They apparently don't have a lot of players on their roster who are very good at this shooting thing.  Lance Stephenson has not taken his game to the next level.  They had to be banking on him playing at a higher level this season.

I was thinking the same thing about the Hornets.  Coming into the season I had them as a top 5 seed for the playoffs, but what a damn disaster they have been.  Lance has probably hit his ceiling, and the team misses McRoberts more than most people realize.  He was the central piece of that offense, operating out of the high post, and they don't really have that guy now.  They are trying to go inside-out with Big Al, but teams know that all you have to do is double team Jefferson, and the offense falls apart.  It sucks because there is some real talent on the team, but it's just not working.

Also, if the Sixers don't totally lose their heart by the time they actually have some talent on the team, this experiment by them may actually pay off.

• Like 1

Also, if the Sixers don't totally lose their heart by the time they actually have some talent on the team, this experiment by them may actually pay off.

On a nice run of getting production from the people that should be around for awhile. Last night was kind of frustrating though. Finally a game hitting free throws. 80% for the game. A good amount of attempts too. Won the rebound battle with the highlight being McDaniels having 9 offensive rebounds. Home game and the crowd was lively. Still managed to lose by 7 to a team that rested their best player. Considering how bad the first match up went it was still progress. Just far too many turnovers. Agreed that at the moment it looks like it could pay off. Moving forward looks like:

C- Embiid, Sims

PF- Noel, Aldemir

SF- Saric, Grant

SG- McDaniels, McCrae

PG- MCW, Wroten, Micic

Depending on how Embiid and Saric turnout the starting 5 could already be in place. I don't think it is too early to say that Wroten and Sims mean at least 2 guys on the bench with playing value. I wouldn't be uncomfortable with moving forward just those names above. Almost feels like having 2 first round picks in the upcoming draft is a luxury. Though I suppose they will need Embiid insurance from Towns or Okafor. I still suspect he will follow his mentor and make a trade when the right guy comes along like they did Harden.

What the hell might as well do some rookie of the year rankings

1. Mirotic is the front runner now as long as he keeps getting 25 minutes a game or more.

2. Jabari Parker production wise pretty much right where you would expect. The Bucks improvement could win him extra votes though.

3. KJ McDaniels- He fills up the stat sheet. His mom deleting her twitter account was a major letdown though.

Screen-Shot-2014-11-20-at-10.25.56-AM.pn

For what it's worth, I took the Sixers into a solid playoff team in 4 seasons on 2K without adding a huge free agent lol maybe they can in real life.  McDaniels does have good upside, and Sims is a solid backup.  Their front line will be hell good if Saric pans out.

Rookie of the year is so wide open at this point.  I've seen enough of Mirotic to know that he is a rookie in name only.  The dude is a 6 year pro, and if he was on a different team, he would be a lock to win it.  The problem with that is I have no clue how many minutes Thibs will give him when Taj  is back.  He has played well enough to earn a spot in the rotation, but how many minutes can he really get?

It will probably come down to Jabari and Wiggins.  Now that K Mart is out I'm expecting Wiggins stats to jump a bit.