DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK FIVE

RIPPA

The reports of Brady's death were greatly exaggerated.  Gronkowski was looking a lot more like proper Gronk.  He certainly seemed to be moving with more fluidity and Brady was getting the ball out.  It would still be nice to have a legitimate wide receiver on the team though.

Lions are bringing in Jay Feely for a workout (who was on Twitter sorta campaigning for the job)

They are also supposedly interested in the aforementioned Matt Prater. Prater suspension isn't done until tomorrow so they can't do anything till then

Assuming Prater is sober, the job has to be his, right?  Dude was a Pro Bowler last year.

There's also talk that the Lions have been in contact with Jason Hanson.

Morton Andersen, Mike Vanderjagt, and Ali Haji-Sheikh are apparently unavailable.

• Like 1

Apparently, Jaxson Deville pissed off some thin-skinned media folks(like those fuckboys Trey Wingo and Mike & Mike) because he made a joke about the Pittsburgh towels.

Sorry, but if you work for the same company that employs shitheads like Cowherd, Stephen A., and Bayless, I don't wanna hear you pissing and moaning about something being "offensive."

Apparently, Jaxson Deville pissed off some thin-skinned media folks(like those fuckboys Trey Wingo and Mike & Mike) because he made a joke about the Pittsburgh towels.

Sorry, but if you work for the same company that employs shitheads like Cowherd, Stephen A., and Bayless, I don't wanna hear you pissing and moaning about something being "offensive."

We talked about this a bit in the dumpster fire thread, and actually my first instinct was that it was kind of funny.  The mascot shouldn't have done it, an apology is in order, maybe a slight suspension.  But I don't want to hear holier-than-thou bullshit coming from the Stanford 4-Letters however. . . 

I really don't know what that roughing call was all about.

Putting that aside this has been a shockingly decent game. Pretty entertaining, close enough to keep watching.

Wilson's lack of panic even when he's flushed out of the pocket never ceases to amaze me. The guy is made of ice.

Putting that aside this has been a shockingly decent game. Pretty entertaining, close enough to keep watching.

Perfect outcome. Skins lose but keep it close enough to keep their fans cocksure for when RG3 returns.

Perfect outcome. Skins lose but keep it close enough to keep their fans cocksure for when RG3 returns.

Is that where Skins fans are now regarding the QB situation?  I haven't heard a peep from all the typical fair weather Skins fans at my company here in suburban DC in quite a while so I'm not sure.  I guess the bloom is off the Kirk Cousins rose?