DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014 PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Does anyone actually hate the Giants though?

I keep trying to hate the Giants for what they did to my Tigers a couple years ago. Then I remember Jeremy Affeldt is from Spokane and is a really nice guy whose charity does a lot of great work. Grr.

Just as a reminder

All ALCS games on TBS

NLCS

Games 1 and 6 on FOX

All other games on FS1

And Game 2 of the NLCS is 8 pm Sunday... on FS1

So yeah - I eagerly await baseball folks be surprised that the rating is so low

(just so no one is confused with what I am talking about - NBC has New York Giants vs. Eagles in the Sunday Night matchup)

He *did* end his career there for a 51 game stint in 2000.

Oh snap, I forgot about that.

And most of the Best Fans in Baseball still claim him as St. Louis' Own based on those 51 games.  Up until then, he was universally reviled for his cowardly and dastardly sneak attack on Ozzie Smith and Jose Oquendo at second base back in 1988.  But you know, don the Birds on the Bat and you're permanently transformed into a beacon of purity.  Heck, when Will Clark joined the Cardinals, Mike Matheny graciously changed his number to 44 so Clark could keep his traditional 22.  Such classy behavior is not forgotten 'round these parts.

LOL, "sneak attack".  A dirty slide into second leads to Oquendo kneeing and kicking Clark, who then gets sucker-punched by Ozzie.  Fun times all around!

• Like 1

I watched that video again just now and it's fucking awesome for how wild it gets. Who was the Giants player that comes flying in over top winging a punch at Ozzie?

Candy Maldonado, the hitter.

To bring it back to the Giants and Cardinals, Will Clark would have made for a legendary Cardinal. Fuck that guy.

Ahhhh. Memories of Jeffrey Leonard.

"Cow town"!

Oddly, I do remember Will Clark's cup of coffee with the Cardinals.

I need to learn to feed off the hatred...

...so, Giants up next.  Slingshots ready?