DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact 6-19-14 - Lashley-EY for the Gold

The first 1/4 of the show was a clusterfuck of words and a small EY-King world title match. The tag title match had remnants of a good Aries-Joe/Wolves match in there. Hardy jobbing right before the Hardys reunion sure seemed stupid. TOMMY DREAMER CUT THE BEST PROMO OF HIS FUCKING LIFE on Dixie Carter. This was amazing. The second world tag title match was nothing, but got great when Abyss did a thing that resembled running! Taryn returned and is quite hot, while Angelina wore white pants to show off her non-ass. World title match started off strong. Within a minute, they told you that EY was legit against Lashley by having the tactics from a week ago not work here. The match itself was short, but very good. Lashley winning was a slight surprise, but the belt looks good on him and they're setting up Roode for the BFG title win he should've had in 2011.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/06/tna-impact-6-19-14.html

Screens -

8b4f24334139745.jpg

43619c334144290.jpg

283c31334147387.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/vjkqitgroter6uwvgxy6ibdovtxpu0hq

This show sucked. I mentioned on Twitter that if this were EWR TNA would get the email from Sophie saying they overused MVP, Lashley, and King and fans are getting sick of them. The TV time this shitty little group is getting is comparable to what the NWO got. They got the first half hour tonight and a fuckton of segments after. It's ridiculous.

The less said about the Dixie/Dreamer segment the better.

• Like 1

I'm down with Roode winning the BFG series and beating Lashley. Realisitically though, these New York takings will be ahem, interesting with Lashley as champion. Seems like MVP was supposed to win but they decided to go with Lashley when he got injured.

Tag title match part one was fine. Willow is so cra cra guys he does a backwards dive/trust fall thing.

Expected the Dreamer segment to blow but that was quite good. I still wonder if Dixie is actually going through a table at BFG. At least this year they are building to some possible matches and angles for BFG.

I'd say Impact is probably worse than any other nationally broadcast pro wrestling show ever. I wasn't really sure about it before but after tonight I'm fully on that side of the debate now. It's just absolutely dreadful.

I think Russo was the head writer of the DVDVR Slammiversary thread, because I got swerved big time reading all the positivity. Must have been a one time thing and now he has gone back to being a (so-called) consultant, because tonight we went back to the norm of negativity. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed the show tonight. Especially since the crowd was red hot. I just kinda wish that if they were going to switch the belt, that they would have done it at the PPV. Other than that, I have no real complaints. Even though I'm crushed that EY lost, I still dig Lashley as champ. I think the hate from the fans that he gets is way underserved. Especially since he has had quite a few good matches since his return earlier this year. He has a great look too. The only thing keeping him down his mic work. Which I think is covered because he has not one, but two mouthpieces in MVP and King.

From what I can tell, the whole idea (before MVP got hurt) was for him to win the strap at the PPV and then down the road feud with and hopefully lose it to Roode. Maybe they will find a way for this to happen depending on if he can heal up in time. On that note, is there any word on the severity of his injury and when he's expected to return?

"Watching wrestling helps cure cancer" - Tommy Dreamer

See, all those doctors and scientists had the wrong idea. They should have been telling terminally ill people to tune into SmackDown instead.

Honestly, this is the right move for me. I don't like the timing or the booking, but you need to build your company around one guy. Every successful wrestling promotion worked like that and now it's the time for TNA to be really conservative with the booking if they want to keep the TV deal. Take no risks, drop the meta-wrestling-shoot stuff, pick a guy and run with him while obviously being alert to the crowd signals, what they want or don't, but it's not about shoving someone down our throats, it's just having confidence in your booking.

Sting, Angle, AJ are gone, Joe is fat and sucks now, Jeff Hardy is far too unpredictable... if I was to put all my money on someone with the ability to alert a different crowd, to draw people not only already invested in the pro-duct but even WWE fans, it would be Lashley. The MMA background is a plus, was over at the time in WWE, works in a simple, basic but effective way, powerhouse type, etc.

I'd have done it differently though, maybe an Evolution type of angle with MVP playing Triple H and Lashley Batista, slowly getting the fans behind him begging for the face turn. So I'd put the belt on MVP before, but it's just fantasy booking so it doesn't matter. Let's see how this plays out, I'm giving TNA another chance after Slamniversary.

That wrestling cures cancer line is right up there with the fake puke from Monday as being the most cringeworthy thing I've seen/heard in wrestling in awhile.

I agree with truename here.

I forgot to mention that I think EY not being able to beat Lashley yet is the one of the most logical things I've seen in wrestling in a long time. The guy is built like a fucking tank and should be booked accordingly. I'm also counting this as his first real world title in wrestling. I know a lot of you on here hate TNA, but you gotta admit their belt has at least a little bit of prestige behind it. Plus the WWECW title makes it look as great as the big gold belt.

Surprised they put the title on Lashley so soon after not doing it at the PPV. Should be an interesting direction with face Roode now. Always enjoy Dreamer and thought his segment was pretty good..wonder if he'll stick around for good now. Very glad to have Taryn Terrell back, she was a major highlight and big favorite last year. Liked that they immediately acknowledged the history with Gail since she's face now. Looking forward to Taryn eventually winning the title as she likely would've last year.

Surprised they put the title on Lashley so soon after not doing it at the PPV.

Well, when you're taping the next 47 months of tv next week. it kinda limits your flexibility with storylines.

(I kid.  I think they're only taping 3 months worth of tv over the next week or two.)

Surprised they put the title on Lashley so soon after not doing it at the PPV.

Well, when you're taping the next 47 months of tv next week. it kinda limits your flexibility with storylines.

(I kid.  I think they're only taping 3 months worth of tv over the next week or two.)

Those are going to be brutal shows to sit through as a fan. I wonder how abysmal attendance in NYC will be for those things.